Profile for Flour-Power > Reviews

Flour-Power

An Absent Mind
An Absent Mind

4.0 out of 5 stars Tells it like it is., 5 April 2015
This review is from: An Absent Mind (Kindle Edition)
I am an, 'Alzheimer's wife' and a fulltime carer for my husband .
After seven years of watching this dreadful disease
ravage my dear man, I have naturally read a great deal about the subject, and An believe that Absent Mind has charted the stages of deterioration not only accurately, but with commendable honesty.
It is a scary ride,and I would not recommend it to anyone who is just starting to wander in the Alzheimer's forrest.

Red Herring
Red Herring

3.0 out of 5 stars Too U.S. based., 28 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Red Herring (App)
Red Herring is rather disappointing, because it seems to be totally U.S. orientated. There are problems for, (for example ) a British player hoping to solve challenges where the answer involvesUS tv shows, or baseball teams.
It seemed to me that 50% of the puzzles were based on a knowledge of US culture.
A U.K. version would be appreciated!

Doro PhoneEasy 612 on O2 pay and go with £10 airtime.
Doro PhoneEasy 612 on O2 pay and go with £10 airtime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Beginner, 14 July 2013
I am possibly on of the last people in the UK to get their very first mobile; and as a 75 year old woman I was rather scared of it at first. I am still finding my way around, but have become used to taking it everywhere with me. I found entering my contacts simple; and I managed to top the Doro up using the phone.

However - I deducted a star from my rating because I found the instruction leaflet very confusing. I was constantly referred to the online instruction manual, but who wants to keep going to their computer every few minutes? And what about those elderly, 'dinosaurs' who have no computer or printer?
I have still not mastered texting! I have grasped how to press the number buttons the required number of times to enter a letter, but after that, I am lost.
There must be many elderly folk who, like me, are completely new to the world of mobile phones, and do not have a six year old child on tap to explain everything to them.
Please, please make the leaflet more detailed! And when you do, please send it to me!

The Doro is easy to manipulate, and feels good in the hand. The buttons are large and clear, and being able to contact friends and family at will is great. I did not want a camera, but find it has become quite useful, and I am delighted to be able to listen to the radio whilst on a bus.
All in all, a great little phone - but requires perseverance for an absolute beginner to master.

Dyson DC26 City Multi Floor Ultra-lightweigh Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC26 City Multi Floor Ultra-lightweigh Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance, 20 May 2013
I have only had the Dyson City for two weeks, so this in my initial impression. I had been cleaning with a , 'bog standard'
cylinder vacuum cleaner for many years, but have just returned to UK after a long time abroad. My rugs had been in storage, and were looking very tired looking after a hectic move. I decided to treat myself to a new cleaner, because the new flat had been re-carpeted throughout, and I didn't want to put grubby rugs onto a new carpet.
I was amazed at the volume of fluff and dust in the little container. My rugs looked totally refreshed.
The bin is easy to remove, and a doddle to empty. The City is light, and comfortable to use.
I would have liked a longer lead, but appreciate that in an appliance so small, it is hard to stow a very long lead in a small space.
My storage cupboard is very small, and this little beauty tucks snugly away with no problems.
So far, I am very happy with it.

Two months later, and I am still loving it. I was amazed to receive an Email from Dyson after the first month, reminding me to wash my filters! Having read many of the other reviews, I think the secret of success lies in emptying the dust bin after each use,(only takes 30 seconds) and scrupulously clean filters.

Daewoo KOR8A0R Touch Control Solo Microwave Oven, 800 Watt, 23 Litre - Black
Daewoo KOR8A0R Touch Control Solo Microwave Oven, 800 Watt, 23 Litre - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy as Larry, 5 May 2013
I'm really pleased with this oven. The instructions are easy to understand, even for quite an elderly woman, (75).
The oven has plenty of very useful pre-set buttons for defrosting & microwaving. I regard myself as a good cook, and I know I'll enjoy using the Daewoo.

6 Piece Garden Furniture, Patio Set inc. Chairs, Table & Umbrella
6 Piece Garden Furniture, Patio Set inc. Chairs, Table & Umbrella
Offered by MMP Living

3.0 out of 5 stars Curate' egg, (good in parts), 5 May 2013
The Kingfisher has a sturdy table, which was fairly easy to assemble, even for someone like myself, a lady of 75.
I was pleased to see that a small tool kit comprising Alan keys, and spanners was included. I could have used more washers in the kit however. The four chairs were lightweight, but acceptable, although one arrived with a cracked arm-rest. The packaging is very sturdy, so any damage should not have occurred in transit. In fact, I had more trouble removing the packaging than I had with assembling the table.
I have deducted two stars for the broken arm-rest.