Profile for Nick > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sapphire 44000-02-40R Active Display Port DVI Cable
Sapphire 44000-02-40R Active Display Port DVI Cable

1.0 out of 5 stars For connecting 3 monitors to an AMD card, 2 April 2014
Got it to connect 3 monitors, but ended up never getting a 3rd. One year down the line I do get a 3rd monitor and go to plug this badboy in...and nothing. Dead. Not recognised. Its obviously too late to do anything about that now, but that's 20 pounds I'll never see again.

niceeshop(TM) Black 1080P Or 720P Micro HDMI To VGA Female Video Cable Adapter For Micro Device
Offered by niceEshop

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 23 Jan 2014
Bought it to connect a Microsoft Surface 2 to a VGA display. The Surface does not detect another display when it is plugged in. Useless.

Tigerbox® Premium Micro USB Compatible Desktop Charging Dock Stand For Nokia Lumia 520 Mobile Phone - Black
Offered by Accessoryworld

3.0 out of 5 stars For 4 quid I guess you can't complain, 7 Oct 2013
It's basically a USB pass through with the plug at the bottom to keep your phone upright.

But, the back of the phone doesn't actually rest on the dock, there's about a 1-2mm gap behind it, so the phone hangs precariously off the USB port. That means when you try to use the phone when it is plugged in, it keeps moving (and makes me scared I'll eventually break the port).

Network Coupler Cable Joiner, STP, Cat6
Network Coupler Cable Joiner, STP, Cat6
Offered by CPO Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi, 26 Sep 2013
It works. Files seem to transmit at gigabit speeds. Definitely worth getting this over the unshielded version for about a pound extra.

Note: the entire thing isn't made out of a solid piece of metal. It's simply foil shielding on top of it.

10M Cat6 Shielded Network Cable, 10 Meters, FTP, Grey Ethernet Patch Lead
10M Cat6 Shielded Network Cable, 10 Meters, FTP, Grey Ethernet Patch Lead
Offered by Elephone UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat6 cable, 26 Sep 2013
The cable arrived kinked in the packaging which I was not happy with. However the transmission speed seems to be OK (on a gigabit network).

Also, the cable is a lot darker "grey" than the picture suggests.

SanDisk SDSDQU-032G-U46A MicroSDHC Ultra 32 GB Class 10 UHS-I 30 MB/s with SD Adapter (Label May Change)
Offered by GizzmoHeaven

1.0 out of 5 stars Class 10?, 22 Dec 2012
Bought this to upgrade from the 16gb class 4 microSD I had in my phone for almost 2 years. Put it in the card reader in my laptop and copied all the files over. As soon as I put it in my phone, I got the 'SD Card Damaged' notification...great. Put it back in my laptop and format it with the Windows 7 formatter...everything good, put it back in my phone and the same error comes up. Bugger

So now I formatted it with the SD Associations formatting tool (with a full rewrite), from their website (google 'sd association formatter') see if it really works.

Funnily enough, H2testw is showing 4.64 MB/second. This is hardly class 10 speeds. This is a similar speed to what I was getting copying my files over.

If it doesn't work in my phone after this check is complete, I hope I can return this.

Edit: H2testw shows it as working. However, I've tried using it in 2 Android phones and 1 Windows Phone 8, and all report it as faulty. Will try to return the item when I'm back in the UK.

Spinning Hat Emergency Moustaches
Spinning Hat Emergency Moustaches

3.0 out of 5 stars aware, 4 Nov 2012
Funny packaging.

Terrible mustaches.

Everyone saw right through the disguise when I started breathing in bits of my moustache and coughing violently. Not a good look.

Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream (150g, Sandalwood)
Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream (150g, Sandalwood)
Offered by For Men's Grooming

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy tits, 16 Sep 2012
Well slap my ass and call me Judy. This stuff is incredible.

Literally just shaved with it, haven't even washed my face, and I'm writing this review.

Don't think. Just buy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 8:40 PM GMT

HP Original 21 Black Ink Cartridge
HP Original 21 Black Ink Cartridge

5.0 out of 5 stars HP ink, 22 Feb 2011
Its an ink cartridge. It's original. It works fine.

HP ink is more expensive per ml than champion bull semen. Amazon saves me a fair amount off of the store price.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2011 10:32 AM BST

Motorola Defy with Motoblur Sim Free Android Smartphone - Black/White
Motorola Defy with Motoblur Sim Free Android Smartphone - Black/White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 22 Feb 2011
Being in the market for an Android fan, I was drawn to the top spec phones, such as the Nexus S, Desire HD, Galaxy S etc. Then I stumbled across this. For the price it really is incredible. With a TI OMAP 3630 (confirmed on XDA) clocked at 800MHz, and a PowerVR SGX530 graphics chip, it's fairly powerful (iPhone 4, which retails at about 500 pounds, has an SGX 535, and the powerful Galaxy S, which goes for about 400, has an SGX 540). The processor can be easily overclocked if you're into that kind of thing, havn't tried it myself yet. In my tests, it scored around 6.5MLOPS in Linpack, 42FPS in Neocore, and 1100 in Quadrant, which are respectable scores. Especially for a device of this price. Expect these scores to go up with the 2.2 update (read on for that).

The display is amazing, it packs a 3.7 inch Gorilla Glass 480x854 display into a tiny frame (smaller than an iPhone, which has a 3.5"), and you really cannot see individual pixels unless you have super-eyes.

Applications run very well, including all games I've tried. Web browsing is responsive, and scrolling is very smooth. The pinch to zoom is a little choppy though.

There are a few problems with the phone that need to be corrected though. Firstly, Motorola's skin, whilst looking good, is damn slow. I've fixed this by using a custom launcher, such as LauncherPro, ADW.Launcher, or GO Launcher.
Also, i've noticed that certain apps (in my case, an APN setting app, and Home Switcher) crashed on this phone without explanation. I have no idea what causes that.
Another problem that took me a while to figure out, is that the Android Market refused to load when I first started the phone. I discovered that it wants to connect the first time over 3G. I don't know what the deal with that is, but it works alright now.
Finally. I'ts Android 2.1. This is the biggest flaw. Motorola promises a 2.2 update in Q2, and hopefully we'll get it. Motorola isn't exactly trustworthy with updates. It probably won't ever be getting 2.3.

Page: 1 | 2