Profile for beverley ann gunson > Reviews

Content by beverley ann g...

beverley ann gunson

Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat [DVD] [1999]
Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Donny Osmond

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat DVD, 20 Mar. 2014
Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat????? Amazing performance more like!!
It was like having the theatre in my lounge & Donny Osmond (a teenage heartthrob of mine) is even better as a grown man & portrayed Joseph with passion & feeling!!!
Love this show, seen it live loads of times but now I can have it "on tap" whenever I want ......fantastic - the only thing missing is the atmosphere of a live show which can never be replicated, but it's a very close second!!!
Have used it as a teaching tool for my Sunday school children too & they enjoyed the colour, vibrancy & catchy music of the show.
Love the cast line up too - very clever how it's worked from a school assembly to a show with a story with moral values.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

4.0 out of 5 stars Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat CD, 20 Mar. 2014
I have always loved the music from this show & thought it was time to update from vinyl/cassette tape! This co-incides with a "Joseph Singalong we are doing later this year at our Church Centenary, so I am getting plenty practise in!
This is a different version from the ones I had before but did not disappoint & a useful tool was the inner sleeve with the words printed on so if I was a little rusty on some of them it was easy to brush up & sing along!
Cds are also so much more convenient if you want to find a particular track - which means it's easy to teach my Sunday school class the "Benjamin Calypso song"!
I would recommend this product to anyone who loves to listen to show music, but be warned .... you will have to join in - it's infectious!!