Profile for The Good Guy > Reviews

Content by The Good Guy

The Good Guy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Panasonic TX-P42UT50B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D Plasma with Freeview HD and Smart VIERA - Black (New for 2012) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done Panasonic!, 9 Aug 2012
So I have been looking at 3D TV's for a little while now and was unsure whether to bite the bullet and buy one. Having taken a trip down to Comet and experiencing the 3D for myself I felt compelled to get one. I soon came accross this TV it seemed to tick all the boxes so I went for it.

When the TV arrived all was fine - then I set it up.... A loud buzzing noise pertruding from both sides of the back of the TV which was easily audible over the TV so I sent it back. The following day the replacement arrived which was great - until I unboxed it to find the left hand side of the screen was cracked and completely un-usable. As you can imagine I was on the phone to amazon arranging for another replacement. The new TV arrived today and well.... so far so good. There is a small buzzing noise in the background but I believe this is perfectly common and normal for Plasma TV's so I am not to worried about this. The bevell edge on the bottom of the TV looks as if little bits of the silver coating are missing but its only a small niggle - after going through 3 TV's I really dont want the hassle of getting another one.

Having said this - Hats off to Amazon. Everyone I spoke to was brilliant and were more than willing to help me out. Return postage via yodel was free and picked up from my doorstep and the replacements were sent out via Expedited with no extra charge. (I paid for expedited delivery with the original purchase).

With this out of the way I have to say the TV itself is absolutely brilliant for the price. I find the 3D is more than adequate, the HD channels look fantastic and so do the SD ones. The remote is responsive and there are plenty of options to play around with to set the picture up the way you like it. The TV handles games and Blu-Rays (3D and Standard) very well.

With regards to the TV the only downside I can think of is that the screen is fairly reflective - Not a problem for me but something to consider if the TV is used in a room where there is a lot of direct sunlight.

Overall a great TV and for the price its outstanding!

The Hangover (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray] (2009) [Region Free]
The Hangover (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray] (2009) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Zach Galifianakis
Offered by produXa UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 29 Jun 2012
I originally watched The Hangover ages ago.... By chance I noticed it on Blu-Ray and decided to purchase it.

What can I say?

One of my favourite films.... EVER!

5/5
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2014 9:39 PM GMT

StarHawk (PS3)
StarHawk (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 31 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: StarHawk (PS3) (Video Game)
Where do I begin!

Gameplay : Insanely fun, super addictive & you don't need anger management after playing an hour or so! (Unlike cod..)

Graphics : Superb! Great textures, very nice use of anti aliasing and good sharpness and colour to the picture! Only downside are the shadows are a little pixelated.... but who cares!

Multi player : FUN FUN FUN!

Single player : FUN FUN FUN!

Absolutely amazing!

5/5!

Inheritance (The Inheritance cycle)
Inheritance (The Inheritance cycle)
by Christopher Paolini

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book and a fitting end to the series!, 23 Nov 2011
I have been a fan of the "Eragon" series for a few years now and I will defiantly miss the excitement of "Whats coming next" as this is the last book. Although it makes me sad that it has come to an end I have to say I really enjoyed reading this book.

Just a quick word : Yes, the book doesn't end with an "epic romance" between Eragon and Arya although its obvious that there is a spark there. For people who wanted a "happily ever after" ending then yes you will be disappointed.

I read somewhere that CP has stated that this may not be the last time he visits Alagaėsia and he has hinted that there might be a book about the fall of the riders. However in my opinion Inheritance still has a lot of loose ends and there might even be another book to tie up those loose ends!

Fingers crossed there is!

Fantastic book - 5/5!

Your Highness Extended Edition (The Longer, Harder Version) [Blu-ray]
Your Highness Extended Edition (The Longer, Harder Version) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Danny McBride

5.0 out of 5 stars Fair & Honest Review, 9 Nov 2011
All Righty!

Where to start ... Honestly I agree with a lot of the bad feedback although this is an amazing film. A lot of people are saying the film sucks because of the crude comedy and sexual banter. It is super super funny and although some people may not enjoy I don't believe that it is just a mans film. I saw this film in the cinema when it first came out and all my mates loved it ( boys & Girls).

I think if you like anything like American Pie or in general crude comedy then this is a great buy! The Blu-Ray transfer is also very good!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2014 9:42 PM GMT