Profile for bookmoth > Reviews

Boys Heelys Childrens Zoo Series Panda Trainers in Black-White - UK 2
Boys Heelys Childrens Zoo Series Panda Trainers in Black-White - UK 2
Offered by SkateHut

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality shoes, 23 May 2016
Terrible, I returned these as they were all wrong. Buy them from a shop where you can try them on your child and check the quality and hopefully have helpful staff unlike here. Nice pictures but the shoes I got were not the same at all.

Chocolate Orange Beard Oil (10ml) - The Bearded Gent (Orator Orange & Dark Chocolate)
Offered by Thebeardedgent

5.0 out of 5 stars smells delicious, 23 May 2016
I bought this for my Brother, it smells lovely but it is a strong scent so he cant wear it if he has aftershave on. He says it makes his beard soft so he's happy. You get a lot of product for the price and it arrived quickly.

Poo Bum
Poo Bum
by Stephanie Blake

5.0 out of 5 stars Poo Bum, 23 May 2016
This review is from: Poo Bum (Paperback)
Bought as a gift for a friends 2 year old, he finds it very funny. Any book that grabs a child's attention and makes them giggle like this one does gets a thumbs up from me.

Amour- Celeb Inspired Adventure Time BMO Digital Print Leggings Pants Tights O/S (MCD022)
Offered by Intimates21-CN

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventure Time leggings, 23 May 2016
These are amazing for the price, they arrived quickly and are exactly like the picture. thank you

Cat and Jemima J
Cat and Jemima J

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, 11 July 2015
This review is from: Cat and Jemima J (Kindle Edition)
I would give it no stars if possible. The first "story" a few pages, boring ***Spoiler alert*** Reporter meets girl in bar, girl gives reporter her number, reporter realises girl is famous and she could befriend her and write a story but she's lost her number. The End. the second is the first chapter of her new book. That is it, don't waste your time. I have enjoyed other Jane Green books, I may even buy her new one. Thank goodness I didn't pay for this.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train

1.0 out of 5 stars ... through this and i'm giving it up as a bad job. The chapters are rambling, 10 April 2015
I am only part way through this and i'm giving it up as a bad job. The chapters are rambling, repetitive and boring. There are so many points of view skipping between uninteresting characters that it is becoming frustrating. I very rarely give up on books and have never reviewed an unfinished book before now, unfortunately this is so very bad i'm doing both.

Kindle E-reader, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers (Previous generation - 7th)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for those who love reading, 19 Feb. 2015
I always have a book on the go, I prefer reading to TV and love actual physical books so I have put off getting a kindle for a long time. What an idiot I am! Lightweight and easy to use it takes seconds to download new books and I can carry all of my new purchases with me at the same time. I like the dictionary and vocabulary builder feature and being able to change the size of the font was useful when I lost the use of one eye for a while. I bought this model rather than the fire as I wanted it purely for reading, I didn't want a backlit one as I wanted it to be as close to a book page as possible. The Kindle has not replaced my love of actual books just joined it.

The Girl With All The Gifts
The Girl With All The Gifts
by M. R. Carey

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, scary and a strangely beautiful, 19 Feb. 2015
I'm struggling to write this without giving too much away. I didn't read reviews / spoilers before I read this book and i'm glad for that as I went in blind so to speak and although you know something is not right from page one I really recommend not reading the spoilers and letting the story lead you. although you do find out what is happening early on so if you do know don't be put off.
The Girl with All the Gifts was definitely not what I expected
The main character Melanie is a ten year old girl she lives an unusual life on an army base. All she knows of the outside world are the things taught to her by her beloved teacher Miss Justineau. Melanie is different from her classmates, she is quick to learn, a genius it could be argued. She has a hunger for knowledge and battles with the emotions this knowledge especially about herself brings. You will find out why Melanie is in the Army Base, why she is locked up most of the time and go on a shocking, emotional and thought provoking journey with her. The only reason this review hasn't got 5 stars is it dragged for me in parts I still highly recommend it.

Looking for Me: A Novel
Looking for Me: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Never tie your happiness to the end of someone elses kite, 19 Feb. 2015
I bought this after reading, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt which I also loved. Beth Hoffman is a skilled story teller, her descriptions are vivid enabling you to easily picture settings, scenery and characters most of whom are likeable. It is a tale of life, family, ambition, love and loss and chasing dreams. A beautiful story beautifully written.

The Wedding Bees: A Novel of Honey, Love, and Manners
The Wedding Bees: A Novel of Honey, Love, and Manners

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy, feel good book, 19 Feb. 2015
I got this book as the author was compared to Sarah Addison Allen whom I am a big fan of. It didn't disappoint. It is light hearted and feel good. If you are after a gripping plot with twists this one probably isn't for you. If you want a nice read with likeable characters and a happy story then buy it

Page: 1 | 2 | 3