Profile for M. J. Lardner > Reviews

Content by M. J. Lardner

M. J. Lardner "Jojo" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Foxnovo® 4-in-1 360 degree Rotating Stand PU Leather Stand Case Cover Screen Guard Stylus Pen Cloth Set for iPad 4 iPad 3 iPad 2 2nd Generation (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty, 4 Sept. 2014
Quick service but this is the worst product I've ever bought. It does not look like the picture and does not hold the ipad in pace. Totally pointless purchase; cheap and very very nasty indeed.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING; THIS CREAM BURNS!, 25 Aug. 2014
Please see my other reviews for this product. Put simply, this cream has burnt my rib area after one application and I have spent a sleepless night applying sudocrem and taking painkillers to deal with the pain.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING ; this cream burns!, 25 Aug. 2014
Please see my more detailed review for the same cream, single version. This cream has burnt my rib area where I have permanent nerve damage and although I have washed it off I have had to take painkillers on top of using sudocrem to deal with the pain. My rib area in now badly burnt. DO NOT BUY THIS CREAM!

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - THIS CREAM BURNS!, 25 Aug. 2014
I bought this cream to use on my ribs as I have permanent nerve damage. I applied it about 9 O 'clock last night when it was relatively painful but I thought it would ease off. It hasn't and the intensity of the pain has got worse and worse and although I have washed it off and applied sudocrem I have had to take painkillers to deal with the pain. At half five in the morning, I have been up and down like a yo-yo and have slept poorly due to the intense pain. My chest area is burnt red, similar to bad sunburn but far more painful. I would strongly recommend against this cream, it comes drom the Far East where prehaps testing is less rigorous than the NHS. be sensible and get a prescription for it, yes it's more expensive but it'll save you a sleepless night in agony.

Tuscan Rose
Tuscan Rose
by Belinda Alexandra

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding book!, 2 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Tuscan Rose (Paperback)
Having just finished this book,I am suprised to see that there were no reviews on amazon. Worthy of a 5 star, this book is well worth a read. It has drama, action, romance, strong characters and great pace. Highly recommended.

Night Music
Night Music
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read!, 10 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Night Music (Paperback)
I had to admit that i forced myself to read this book as i wanted to return it to a friend who had lent it to weeks and weeks earlier. I was not expecting to enjoy it and was suprised to find myself totally absorbed by the rich langauage and descriptions and attached to the main characters who had so much depth and conviction. By the end, i was very disappointed to finish the book.....but glad that i had found a new author to entertain me!

Highland Fling
Highland Fling
by Katie Fforde

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a warm and cosy jumper!, 25 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Highland Fling (Paperback)
I just loved this - pure and simple. It really was every chick-lit enthusiasts book - warm, funny and entertaining. If you want a book that takes you out of yourself for a while - this is it. I'm off to the library tomorrow on the hunt for more Katie Fford.

The Reckoning: The Morland Dynasty, Book 15
The Reckoning: The Morland Dynasty, Book 15
by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

5.0 out of 5 stars Never a better dynasty written!!, 18 Jun. 2009
This is just a general review about the dynasty rather than just this one book. I stumbled across CHE's book by chance in my local library and took one home out of interest..... and that was it, i was hooked and was soon back at the library greedily taking more out and ordering yet more from the connecting local libraries. After i had finished my reading fest - a what a fest it was - i logged on the Amazon and began the long arduous process of buying them, one by one, in hardback! I am not quite there yet and am quickly running out of space on my shelves, but hey, how often do you come across a dynasty that has it all - the plot, the humour, the excitment, the realism, the drama, the history, the romance, the fun........... i could go on! If you have a chance to read these books, then do - i cannot praise them enough!!

Guilty Pleasures
Guilty Pleasures
by Tasmina Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to read!, 18 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Guilty Pleasures (Paperback)
I have never read this author before and bought the book on a spur of the moment in Tescos. I was pleasantly suprised by the depth of the characters and the plot was thoroughly engrossing and entertaining. This is definately a 'lose yourself in it' book and i ploughed through it in no time at all. I will definately be reading Miss Perry again!

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
by Jenny Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what the doctor ordered!!, 18 Jun. 2009
I love the pure escapism of this book and found myself laughing, crying and totally empathising with Sophie, the spolit but lovable heroine of this story. They only problem i had was the fact that i have lost a whole day of my life and am now dreadfully behind with everything. This book should come with a warning - 'Don't pick me up unless you have free 24 hours!'

Page: 1 | 2