Profile for Mumneedshelp > Reviews

Mumneedshelp

The Woodcutter
The Woodcutter

4.0 out of 5 stars Try it, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Woodcutter (Kindle Edition)
Superb read, for adults and older children alike. Love how all of the traditional tales are inetrwoven into the story.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 17 Mar. 2013
Would highly recommend this for a funny read. I only wish that Allen was a real person who had lived this life, lol!

A Volcano in My Tummy: Helping Children to Handle Anger: A Resource Book for Parents, Caregivers and Teachers
by Whitehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars A Volcano in my Tummy - method for the madness, 3 July 2010
This book was recommended to me by my daughter's class teacher. (We were struggling to deal with the anger coming from her dealing with early onset puberty.)
Though many of the worksheets are group based, and some are for 9 and 10 year olds, we have found it gives us ideas that we can adapt, and we have done the class worksheets as a family so that we are all learning to deal with anger, so avoiding our eldest daughter being 'punished' with more work, and also getting all the attention.

It involves hard work and commitment, but gets results in the end.

Hair In Funny Places
Hair In Funny Places
by Babette Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Hair in Funny Places - a great guide for parents explaining puberty, 3 July 2010
This review is from: Hair In Funny Places (Paperback)
This is a great introduction to puberty if your child is still in Key Stage 1, or even low KS2. My daughter is just 8 and a half and this funny story about Mr & Mrs Hormone got the balance between information and story just right, and helped her understand what was going on, without scaring her silly!! Adults will love the tongue in cheek humour, too! I highly recommend this book.