Profile for Marian Knell > Reviews

Guy Martin: My Autobiography
Guy Martin: My Autobiography
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Guy Martin: My Autobiography, 24 May 2014
Well written. An easy read and from his tv programmes you can imagine his voice as you read, which is as if he is talking to you direct. As a fan of his video "Closer to the Edge" , this provides a good insight to the TT and racing the different classes of motorbikes. What hasn't been clear till now is how incredible he is also in cycling.

Beatrix Potter Illustrated Collection: 22 Books, 660 Illustrations, Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny and Many More!
Price: 0.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Beatrix Potter Illustrated Collection: 22 Books 660 Illustrations, 18 Mar 2014
Had read this to my children when they were small. I longed to have a set of my own and now do. The illustration of each character is a reminder of those precious times with my children at bedtime. They are now of course fully grown and have taken the set of books with them! Hence my purchase.

Loxley
Loxley
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Loxley by Sally Wragg, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Loxley (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this book so I could read it at my own pace. Previously I read it in weekly instalments from The People's Friend last year. Was thrilled to discover it was in.book.form
The story was such that I looked forward to each instalment with history of the family and intrigue with gypsies involvedcalong the way.Also an added bonus of secret treasure to be found generations down the line. Well written.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2014 12:25 PM BST

High Heat: (A Jack Reacher Novella) (Kindle Single) (Jack Reacher Short Stories)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars High Heat (A Jack Reacher Novella) Kindle Single Jack Reacher Short book, 6 Mar 2014
A very good read. The first Jack Reacher book I have read and I feel privileged to start at the beginning of his young life.

Hidden
Hidden
Price: 0.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Hidden by Barbara Taylor Bradford, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hidden (Kindle Edition)
A very good read. Unusually told by this author from an American perspective and not British but the contents could well apply in either country. I.even heard an American accent in my head as I was reading this book. Not able to put it down. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Fifth Knight
The Fifth Knight
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fifth Knight by E.M. Powell, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Fifth Knight (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book and was not aware until the end that the author was a female
The historic murder in Canterbury was told really well and the exploits of the two lead characters were quite believable in those times of Thomas Becket.

West is West [DVD]
West is West [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aqib Khan
Offered by rightpricediscs
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars West is West DVD, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: West is West [DVD] (DVD)
Is a gift so haven't seen it to comment. As soon as I have knowledge of its contents will submit a review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2014 11:51 PM GMT

Procter Pest-Stop Cat Repeller Rods
Procter Pest-Stop Cat Repeller Rods
Price: 3.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Procter Pest-Stop Cat Repeller Rods, 22 Feb 2014
This product so far has not worked or even citrus peel put down before on the ground. Still finding cat faeces near our rhubarb and strawberry plants. It would seen two cats frequenting same ground as one covers faeces up (if haphazardly while the other clearly leaves it on top of the soil. It could of course be a Fox in the garden at night.their habits I am unaware of.

Traveller [DVD]
Traveller [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Cook
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Traveller (DVD), 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Traveller [DVD] (DVD)
A good story that tells how even in the gypsy community a person can be felt to be an outsider just because long their parentage. I enjoyed it very much although you didn't actually see the horse trainer at work (played by David Essex) but two other men doing the work on his instructions. I suppose he was taking a back seater as his son was playing the lead. The music however made up for it as only David Essex fans would appreciate.

A Christmas Hope (Christmas Novellas 11)
A Christmas Hope (Christmas Novellas 11)
Price: 5.69

4.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Hope by Anne Perry, 12 Feb 2014
Another good story from.this author. An easy read and a book you cannot put down till you get to the end. All the books with Christmas in the title by this author are good and would recommend the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4