Profile for A. Liversidge > Reviews

Content by A. Liversidge

A. Liversidge "Dinah Liversidge" (London)

The Accidental Salesman - Networking Survival Guide
The Accidental Salesman - Networking Survival Guide
by Richard White

5.0 out of 5 stars For everyone who thinks they can't network!, 19 July 2011
This is a great book - easy to read (in Richard's easy style) and easy to action. I found myself roaring through the book and although I often thought "I am sure I know this" I was also thinking "am I doing that effectively?"
It is a clever, well thought-out guide for anyone who has found the results they get from networking not what they hoped for. Thank you Richard - one of my top 5 reads this year!

FT Guide to Business Networking: How to Use the Power of Online and Offline Networking for Business Success (The FT Guides)
by Heather Townsend

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on business networking I have read, 4 July 2011
Whether you are a seasoned networker or have been resisting networking until now, this book will demistify the subject and help you make profit from your networking activities.
From the first words, Heather's style is light, informed and engaging. Her clear understanding of her subject and her ability to clarify and explain key issues make it an easy and informative read. Having been a big fan of her blogs for a long time, I was delighted to hear Heather in the pages and was instantly engaged.

Much has been written on this subject- so critical to business success in the current market and going forward. Heather has taken a unique approach and the structure of the book, with exercises and actions at the end of each chapter, mean I will return to it again and again.

The greatest learning for me from the book is the need to have a plan for my networking that is truly "joined-up" as Heather says - She does not recommend face-to-face networking OR on-line networking; if I am not taking a joined-up approach I am missing the greatest opportunities for my business.

An excellent guide that everyone who wants success from their networking should read - and action!

A Peacock in the Land of Penguins: A Fable About Creativity and Courage
A Peacock in the Land of Penguins: A Fable About Creativity and Courage
by Hateley

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional approach, 4 Jan 2011
What an exception approach to a long-term issue for many of us. Having working in the Corporate world for 20 years, and now working as a trainer and mentor with business owners, I love this book. I have recommended it to many clients and colleagues.

The light-hearted approach helps you embrace the wonderful simplicity of the message and the way it is delivered. Highly engaging and most certainly one to buy the boss!

The History of the World's Greatest Entrepreneurs: The Biography of Success: 1
The History of the World's Greatest Entrepreneurs: The Biography of Success: 1
by Ronald Shillingford

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and stimulating, 29 July 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this stimulating read. The history explored by Ronald Shillingford made it impossible to put down. I was amazed by how many of the traits described in some of the original entrepreneurs are exactly those required to be successful in the 21st Century. I highly recommend this book to all business owners and to people who speak about business or entrepreneurship. Fascinating.