Profile for Kostas Lonis > Reviews

Content by Kostas Lonis

Kostas Lonis

Wine Grapes: A complete guide to 1,368 vine varieties, including their origins and flavours
by Jancis Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Bible, 8 Jan 2013
A huge book in every possible way one could look at it. Just the thought of the immense work that was required for it makes my had ache. The editing could have been a bit better, with my main concern being the diagrams that are not visible. Of course one could argue that I can download them for the web site (which I did) but that is not why I paid more than 100 euros for it (with the postage). The arguement about how thin are the pages and how small are the letters are valid, but on the other hand the alternative would be a book twice the size and weight. And I do like the fact that its one volume and not two.

This is a serious collective work, that requires a considerable amount of money and I strongly believe is only destined for those who are in the wine trade, wine students or just people that have a strong interest in wine. This is not something you would read casually sitting on the couch. The vast amount of information in this book, will be lost to someone who just drinks a glass of "(I don't care what) wine here and there".

Nemi: v. 4
Nemi: v. 4
by Lise Myhre

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nemi: v. 4 (Hardcover)
Excellent, funny as hell, sexy and every time I read any one of her books it always reminds me of the old Cure song "bird mad girl"

Stronghold Crusader Extreme (PC DVD)
Stronghold Crusader Extreme (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, 8 Jan 2013
I still remember being hooked, the minute I started playing the "original" Stronghold game. The idea of placing army on the walls was beyond my wildest dreams back in the late 90s. Then came the Crusader with all the new maps and units. Then came the Crusader Extreme. I am only rating it for the second 30-mission campaign, as I did not understand the purpose of the "Extreme" version. I liked the concept of no limits in the army, but that thing is absurd,