Profile for Mr. Mark Tomlinson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Mark Tomlinson

Mr. Mark Tomlinson (England)

Summit 2433902 RV-34 Large Flat Glass Mirror with Suction Pad
Summit 2433902 RV-34 Large Flat Glass Mirror with Suction Pad

1.0 out of 5 stars 7 years bad look?, 28 Mar. 2016
Well we didn't even get a chance to try the mirror when driving as the first time we tried to fix it to the window, the whole mirror cracked!
We made sure to follow the (very few) instructions properly but when we tried, the first time it went POP and a huge cracking appeared in the mirror and it fell off the windscreen! Useless!
Even if we had been able to use it, the mirror is very small and not super clear either.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS4)
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game with truly sad outcome., 27 Feb. 2016
This is an incredible game. So different to anything i've played before, with very unique controls. You use the left analogue stick to control the movement of the older brother, and the right analogue stick for the younger brother. You then use the L2 and R2 buttons to control the older brother and younger brother's actions respectively. This style can take some getting used to, especially when both running and you tend to concentrate on the left stick more as that's the one you normally use in games.

Throughout the game you encounter a wide variety of puzzles and challenges to progress. Most of these are simple enough once you figure them out, some require quite a bit of concentration to make sure you control the right brother. These puzzles add some nice elements to the game, and prevent it from getting boring.

There are also some lovely (and some sad) cutscenes throughout the game. One of the highlights for me was the scenery! WOW! This game is beautiful, all the scenes, especially wide shots, are stunning and a lot of effort has gone into the games design.

Now the reason I couldn't give this game 5 stars is down to just how sad it is! Especially the ending. The game starts off sad but once you get going its fine, until the end! I won't spoil it buy my god I really didn't want to have to do one part at the end (anyone who has played should know which bit i'm on about, involving dragging), but I did it to finish the game. At this point I just sat stunned, until the final bit of gameplay begun, then once this bit was done and the last cutscene played, I just sat stunned and emotional again.

Don't get me wrong, the story is brilliant, and I can see why the game makers took this choice, but I was really hoping there would be a twist at the end to stop it being so depressing, but nope.

I still truly recommend the game though just to experience the unique gameplay, the lovely cutscenes and story, and the beautiful scenery.

HTC Desire Z Vision Pouch PO S540
HTC Desire Z Vision Pouch PO S540
Offered by total digital stores

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be nice if the phone fit properly!, 26 Nov. 2010
I bought this case at the same time as buying the phone, I wanted a good quality case, and I noticed this case was HTC branded so I assumed it would be perfect.

At first looks, it looks like a nice case, and I thought it was going to be perfect, this was till I put my new phone in it. I had to push a bit to get the phone in, but I wish I hadn't, as the phone had now got stuck!!

The phone was so tight in the case, I really struggled to remove it. There is no way I could remove it quick if it was ringing.

It might loosen up with time, but how much time??

The case it of good quality, and if the phone fit properly, it would offer great protection, but I just can't use such a tight case. I will probably end up returning it!

Hope & Faith: Season 1 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Hope & Faith: Season 1 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally this brilliant show is on DVD, 9 Jun. 2009
I have loved this show for ages but when ABC1 in the UK went off air, i had no way of watching the show, so i was so pleased when i realised season 1 was out on DVD, so i ordered it straight away.

Please note, the DVD is Region 1 (USA) so will not work in the UK or other countries unless your DVD player can play multi-region DVDs.

There are 4 DVDs in the box set containing all 25 episodes from season 1. Some of the episodes include optional commentary by some of the cast and crew which is good as you get to learn a bit more about what went on when filming, and to hear some secrets.

There is also a blooper real and a special 'Making of Hope and Faith' which includes interviews with some of the cast and crew.

The box set is well made and is the official box set by ABC Studios and not a pirate copy i know are out there as i nearly made the mistake of buying one of those.

If you like this show, i recommend buying the DVDs and having them for ever.

Logitech MX Revolution Wireless Laser Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution Wireless Laser Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mouse, 19 Nov. 2007
I have had this mouse a little while now and still love it. I love all its features, even the ones i don't use so much. I can see why it is called the worlds most advanced mouse. firstly, it may look weird, and many people think it is just for right handed people, and i was worried about that a little but i am left handed and it is fantastic, it is comfy in either hand, at first it may feel a little weird, but now it feels weird for me to use a normal mouse. I love the scroll wheel. It acts like a normal mouse scroll wheel and scrolls down in bumps moving the page a bit at a time, but when you spin it fast it goes into free spin and spins on its own. This can all be changed in the control panel which you download from the CD. The other scroll wheel on the left hand side is actually a thumb wheel to allow you to switch between programs you have open. you can also set this to do other things, like all the buttons on the mouse.
The next button is the little silver search button on the top. I love this button, i currently have it assigned to a search engine. When i click the button the search engine opens straight away.
Next the mousr itself, it is so precise, it never sticks, has perfect movement and you canchange the speed the curser moves. The two main buttons work perfectly. I love this mouse and it is worth the money. It is fantastic.