Profile for Sarah Perkin > Reviews

Sarah Perkin "jinjukazooie"

Lulu and the Flying Babies
Lulu and the Flying Babies
by Posy Simmonds

5.0 out of 5 stars "HIS mummy's wearing a pink nightie and she's riding a cow", 26 Sep 2003
This story and picture book can be enjoyed by adults and children alike. A magical storyline, some subtle humour, beautiful illustrations and I'm-SURE-there's-a-message-for-kids-here-somewhere ("Don't pick your nose!", "Use your hanky... Not your sleeve!" and "Don't stand on the seat!") make for a wonderful read.

Specially Sarah
Specially Sarah
by Mary Hoffman

5.0 out of 5 stars Specially for me..., 26 Sep 2003
This review is from: Specially Sarah (Paperback)
15 years since receiving this book, it remains one of my most treasured posessions. With 8 chapters, each approaching a different yet real issues facing young children, this book is perfect for kids who have just begun to read on their own. As they grow up, they will understand the issues in the book as well as just the words.
A very enjoyable read, and an absolute asset to any child's bookcase.

Dead Poets Society [VHS] [1989]
Dead Poets Society [VHS] [1989]
VHS
Offered by pkeylock
Price: 2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars "If it had been collect, it would have been daring!", 26 Sep 2003
Find ONE word capable of describing this film.
I assure you, it is impossible.
There is no single word which encompasses all of the emotions stirred in me whilst watching. I laughed to the point of being unable to breath, I was moved to the point of tears, and I felt inspired to the point of believing I could touch the sky.
"Carpe diem. Sieze the day. Make your lives extraordinary."
It is a simple message, perhaps one that disappears under a hood of expectation, as shown in the plot. However, as the story unfolds it becomes clear that we must NOT lose sight of this goal, and strive to fulfil our lives to the fullest of our potential. Only then will we be morally right - Eudamonism.

We Are Shampoo
We Are Shampoo
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 6.82

5.0 out of 5 stars "Uh oh, we're in Trouble" - you cannot get more classic..., 26 Sep 2003
This review is from: We Are Shampoo (Audio CD)
Back in the dark ages (the era commonly known as 1994), this was the first CD I ever bought. Almost 10 years on, I do not hide it at the back of my music collection blushing with shame when people pull it out and make a face. Instead I smile proudly and insist they listen. Similar to much of today's rock-pop, Shampoo were all about teenage rebellion, doing what you want, when you want, and this album shows nothing but that. Yes, some (if not all) of the tracks are cheesy; yes, the entire jist of the song can be obtained from their long-winded titles alone; but that doesn't kill the message in the album, which is, as I understand it, about being individual, and about being cool. Jacqui and Carrie could wipe the floor with all these new teen 'punk' groups, and THAT is why this CD still comes with me everywhere I go!

Hey Whatever [CD 1]
Hey Whatever [CD 1]
Offered by CDandVinyl
Price: 0.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Westlife have taken an interesting direction..., 26 Sep 2003
This review is from: Hey Whatever [CD 1] (Audio CD)
...with this single. Although the same people are singing the lead vocals as in every other release, this song is different in the way that it does not sound like Westlife. Yes, its still as 'poppy' as you can go without listening to the Cheeky Girls, but it is actually very catchy, and definitely one that'll have you singing along for the next three months as it slowly moves down and out of the chart. Sadly the B-Track goes back to Westlife's tediously boring style of moping love song, but title track makes up for this. Plus, the video of the guys looking great doesn't hurt either. This is promising though, if the rest of their new material can be judged by this. So unless you're a hardcore Westlife fan, I'd wait for their next album before buying the single!

Stream of Dreams
Stream of Dreams
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex-STREAM-ly Relaxing..., 5 Jun 2003
This review is from: Stream of Dreams (Audio CD)
Possibly the best 'stress relief' music I've ever heard... The sound of water in the background is incredibly relaxing and the music itself does not sound as fake an synthesised as a lot of other stuff around at the moment. With a soothing, original sound, its pretty good for helping you drop off to sleep.