Profile for juliebanner > Reviews

The Child Left Behind
The Child Left Behind
by Anne Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars good book but too long, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Child Left Behind (Paperback)
The cover is a bit deceiving because it tells of Bridgette trying to find where she belongs but it takes so long to get to her story.

The book is very good if you don't read the cover beforehand, my only complaint really is the editing is not great and some sentences made no sense at all or speech marks were missing which did distract me a couple of times.

Tall, Dark and Handsome
Tall, Dark and Handsome
by Nisha Minhas

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling dialogue! Offensive to all!, 22 Nov. 2012
I have read all of her books, some I love and some I hate...this one I hate!
I've only got through about 70 pages and found the so-called dialogue impossible to understand - trying to write in 'Sarfend' accent is just irritating and I struggled to understand what the characters were saying, but now she has just abused every religion going - even the Welsh don't escape! This is offensive and not funny. I have stopped reading and i'm glad that I won't be reading about the burning of holy books. It only has 1 star because there isn't a 0 star option!

Central Birmingham (Rail Around Birmingham)
Central Birmingham (Rail Around Birmingham)
by Andrew Doherty

4.0 out of 5 stars nice book, 1 Nov. 2012
Another Xmas present. The pictures are great if you like old and new.Perhaps a bit more detail would have been useful but nice book nonetheless.

The Very Best Of
The Very Best Of
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I love Elvis Costello! I forgot he wrote so many songs and performed loads more. The early stuff is the best and should be played loud!

The Very Best Of The Jam
The Very Best Of The Jam

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 Nov. 2012
I always loved The Jam and ahve been a huge fan of Paul Weller since. all the hits are on here, just brilliant!

Panache by Taylor of London Yardley Eau de Parfum Spray & Talcum Powder 100g
Panache by Taylor of London Yardley Eau de Parfum Spray & Talcum Powder 100g

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present, 1 Nov. 2012
This is for my mum. She always loved Panache so she'll love this i'm sure. Even the box is attractive!

The Rose Petal Beach
The Rose Petal Beach
by Dorothy Koomson

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull!, 1 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Rose Petal Beach (Hardcover)
I really feel that Dorothy Koomson is trying to move from chick lit to a darker side of writing, but it's not working.
I didn't enjoy The Ice Cream Girls and never finished 'The Woman He Loved Before' and I'm sorry to say I didn't finish this one either.
The first chapter was okay but then it dragged on and on and I found I didn't really care what the outcome was.
There are too many poor research issues for me and i'm afraid that distracted me from the story completely.

Passion and Poppadoms
Passion and Poppadoms
by Nisha Minhas

2.0 out of 5 stars didn't like it, 1 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Passion and Poppadoms (Paperback)
Sorry but I didn't enjoy this at all. I struggled to get into it and lost interest after the first 50 pages and found I didn't care about any of the characters.
Disappointing as I do like her books but didn't like this one. Sorry!

Star Wars 10 inch Deluxe Talking Wicket Plush
Star Wars 10 inch Deluxe Talking Wicket Plush

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 31 Oct. 2012
This item is levely. Just what it looks like and when he 'speaks' it is nicw and clear. My only complaint is is didn't come in its own box and as it is a present it will have to be wrapped in the box with Amazon written all over it or I will have to buy a better one.

The Village - Part One of the Fairfields Chronicles
The Village - Part One of the Fairfields Chronicles
by Sarah Shears

5.0 out of 5 stars great saga, 31 Oct. 2012
I brought this for my mum as she has read one of the other books in the series but out of sequence, so make sure you have them all and start at the beginning. She loves the story as it goes through the generations.

Page: 1 | 2