Profile for Wise Woman > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Murder Must Advertise: Lord Peter Wimsey Mystery Book 10
Murder Must Advertise: Lord Peter Wimsey Mystery Book 10
by Dorothy L. Sayers

5.0 out of 5 stars but as an adult I appreciate the qualities of the character and Dorothy L Sayers has the rare quality of treating readers like a, 17 July 2015
Lord Peter can do no wrong, well almost. But kissing another woman, even for the sake of solving a crime, when his heart belongs to Harriet? Tut tut! I first read the stories of Lord Peter Wimsey as a teenager, but as an adult I appreciate the qualities of the character and Dorothy L Sayers has the rare quality of treating readers like adults and the fact that not everything has to be spelt out to be understood is a definite bonus.

Jump in the Line
Jump in the Line

4.0 out of 5 stars Most people remember Harry Belafonte and this song is simply great fun to dance to, 17 July 2015
This review is from: Jump in the Line (MP3 Download)
I was looking for something cheerful to get the elderly people in my care up and moving and this just fitted the bill. Most people remember Harry Belafonte and this song is simply great fun to dance to.

Famous Names 95% Organic Nail Treatment Oil 3.75ml
Famous Names 95% Organic Nail Treatment Oil 3.75ml
Offered by Angel Hair & Beauty Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff, 17 July 2015
My nails were weak and broke/split at the drop of a hat despite wearing washing up gloves and religiously using hand cream. I kept them very short but since using Dadi oil ( this is my second bottle), my nails have grown to a decent length, they are stronger and I have not had a single split/break. I am using it twice a day-in the morning and at night.I still keep my nails short(ish) as well as continuing to wear washing up gloves and applying hand cream, but for the first time in years I am not ashamed showing my hands because my nails look well cared for. Long live Dadi oil!

The Holiday
The Holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoy the more upbeat sections, 12 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Holiday (Audio CD)
It is simply fabulous. I can listen to this and relax, enjoy the more upbeat sections. It is my favourite Sunday morning 'go to' CD.I am going to buy it for my Mum as a present.

Gaudy Night (A Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries)
Gaudy Night (A Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries)
by Dorothy L. Sayers

4.0 out of 5 stars I am biased because I have enjoyed Dorothy L Sayers' books about Lord Peter Wimsey for ..., 12 Jun. 2015
I am biased because I have enjoyed Dorothy L Sayers' books about Lord Peter Wimsey for many years. Gaudy Night is rather 'busy' and sometimes it feels as if the story gets slowed slowed down by this as there is so much going on, but that does not remove the overall enjoyment from reading the book, if it has one flaw it is that there is not enough of Lord Wimsey until almost at the end.

20inch Sterling Silver Mini Belcher Chain (1mm guage)
20inch Sterling Silver Mini Belcher Chain (1mm guage)
Offered by Markylis

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, 10 April 2014
Bought this silver chain because I needed something fine but strong enough to support the weight of a heavier pendant. So far so good. The chain arrived earlier than expected and looks great.

Good Lovin' (Single Version)
Good Lovin' (Single Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Groovy, 10 April 2014
I am using it for my work as a Fitness Leader to get people up and moving. Works every time.
It is catchy and makes moving to music a fun exercise even for people who are a bit reluctant to join in.

Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Beige
Trixie Parla Scratching Post, 62 cm, Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Meow, 13 Jan. 2014
My rather large cat loves it. She can stretch along its length and give the pole a good work out and my wallpaper is better for it too.

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau de Parfum - 30 ml
Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau de Parfum - 30 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 13 Jan. 2014
Bought this for my gorgeous daughter who absolutely loves it. It is a pleasant everyday fragrance, not too overpowering and can be worn all the year round.

Christmas with Mr Darcy: Volume 4 (Austen Addicts)
Christmas with Mr Darcy: Volume 4 (Austen Addicts)
by Victoria Connelly

4.0 out of 5 stars Which number is this ?, 13 Jan. 2014
It would have been useful to know that there is another book prior to this that introduces some new characters which are in this book. I would have liked a more substantial read, the story was a bit thin, but nontheless enjoyable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4