Profile for Susan Sykes > Reviews

Content by Susan Sykes

Susan Sykes (Norfolk, England)

Meyer Select Stainless Steel Milkpan, 0.9 Litre - 14 cm
Meyer Select Stainless Steel Milkpan, 0.9 Litre - 14 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality shows, 12 Feb. 2015
Lovely solid pan, chosen to replace an old favourite which isn't suitable for our new induction hob. Good price and love the heat resistant pads on the handles. I've not suffered any problems with the pouring as some of the reviews posted, so don't let that put you off.

Me & My Brown Check Dog Bed - Large
Me & My Brown Check Dog Bed - Large
Offered by SDE Online

5.0 out of 5 stars One Happy Dog, 27 Nov. 2014
This bed was such a bargain. It is a good size as well and arrived very quickly. Excellent quality fabric which looks like it will wash well and more importantly, dry quickly too. The separate base cushion is much more practical. All in all, I will certainly buy this product again.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Box - £50 (Plaid Globe)
Amazon.co.uk Gift Box - £50 (Plaid Globe)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Gift, 26 Dec. 2013
I decided to go down this route for my two nephews as what do you buy for those who have discerning taste?
Answer - a gift box from Amazon then they can have the pick of a multitude of presents.

The gift Box was beautifully packaged and even though I ordered them on a Sunday, DPD delivered them on Monday afternoon.

Perfect

Seedling Paper Potter - Makes 2 Sized Paper Pots!
Seedling Paper Potter - Makes 2 Sized Paper Pots!
Offered by SK Depots

5.0 out of 5 stars For every gardener, 4 Aug. 2013
Much better than plastic pots, and very easy to use too. Anyone who has an allottment or garden should have one. Saw this first at a composting event and immediately bought one. Brilliant

TERRACOTTA / NUDE DOUBLE THROW SET WITH PILLOW SHAMS
TERRACOTTA / NUDE DOUBLE THROW SET WITH PILLOW SHAMS

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great throw, 4 Aug. 2013
I wanted a good sized throw which looked smart and was east to wash, and this ticks all the boxes. I really was impressed with the quality and being reversible it looks ;ovely with the pillow shams. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

The Fast Diet: The Secret of Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer
by Dr Michael Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars The only way to diet, 4 May 2013
I have always respected Dr Michael Mosley as a TV presenter and first watched the programme regarding intermittent fasting before Christmas. As my weight slowly increased to above my own comfort level (I know I wasn't fat as such but my clothes were leaning towards the 14-16 size group instead of the 12-14 I prefer), I made the decision to do something about it. At that time there was a resurgence in the press and I picked up an article and decided to order the book and give it a go.

I waited until after my birthday then both me and my husband started our first "fast day". He thought initially that he wouldn't be able to cope with nothing at all in the middle of the day, and he did slightly adapt the regime as suggested to allow him a couple of dry crackers to fill the lunchtime gap. I can only say that this way of life (and that is how you should address it) is fantastic for me. I can see myself adapting my eating habits forever and this is speaking from 3 months after starting the diet. It needn't disrupt your social life, which a long term "diet" can as you plan your fast days to suit. You can easily design your own preferred meals (I love the breakfast porridge- I make mine with apple juice and then sprinkle with cinnamon) and most fast days we have salmon or smoked mackerel with lots of veg and salad. Perfect!

I can honestly say we haven't felt as good health wise for a long time. Cutting down on the bread and other carbs has helped but without too much effort but a degree of willpower I have lost just over 10lb's so far and my husband is down to his 12st 6. Two very happy people who would recommend this way of life to anyone.

TRP0309 Troop London Heritage Messenger Bag (Black)
TRP0309 Troop London Heritage Messenger Bag (Black)
Offered by Hollins & Hollinshead

5.0 out of 5 stars Another to the collection!, 20 Aug. 2012
I first found "Troop" on a holiday in London. A super little shop near to the British Museum had a great selection and my husband thought he would like one. The quality of the fabric, both inside and outside, as well as the super leather trimmings made me start looking at them in more detail when we got back home.

Now we have four!! Need I say any more? They are so versatile, so many designs, colour options and sizes there is one for almost every occasion (but as I don't do dressy I am not bothered). Keep up the good work Troop and I will keep adding them to my collection.

Fly Flot 123 873 - Black Size 10 UK
Fly Flot 123 873 - Black Size 10 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and style, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Fly Flot 123 873 (Apparel)
This is the second Flyflot purchase I have made for my husband and once again they came up with the goods. Cannot fault these clog type slip one shoes. The quality and comfort is what you expect from Flyflot but the surprise was the supportive footbed. Will definately buy more when these wear out so please don't stop making them!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for summer?, 3 April 2012
Anyone thinking about buying some practical, stylish and extremely comfortable chairs need look no further. This is amazing quality at a good price. I took the risk and ordered 4 chairs at the same time, they arrived Tuesday morning after a weekend order. I need not have worried as they are brilliant and especially as they fold down for winter storage. The Textilene seat and backrest make them super comfortable and look like they will be easy to clean. All we want now is some good weather (just seen on the news snow is on its way - don't blame me if the summer is a wash out!)Good old Amazon with reliable sellers like this. What would we do without you.

I would just add that Garden Essentials were brilliant when a fault developed within the wood after a few weeks. I will definately buy from them again and would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Band Of Brothers - Complete HBO Series Commemorative Gift Set (6 Disc Box Set) [2001] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ron Livingston
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant series, 4 Sept. 2009
I bought this initially for my husband who had watched the series. After visiting the landing beaches last year, and it being summer nothing on the television, I started watching the whole series and was completely hooked from the first disc. Even the way that you could immediately tell which of the veterans was which actor showed brilliant casting.
If anyone thinks that this is all blood and guts, then think again. The whole portrayal of the 101st Airborne's role in the war was very sensitively done. I am haunted by the theme music as well!
Buy this - it is superb.