Profile for Korrom > Reviews

Ender's Game [Blu-ray]
Ender's Game [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Asa Butterfield
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars If you like the subtleties of the book, stay away., 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Ender's Game [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This movie is crap. And worst of all, this was completely unnecessary. Having read the great book, I immediately thought this could be an equally great movie, since the story lends itself to an easy transfer to that medium. Of course, there needed to be some trimming and I mostly agree with the plot items the creators of the movie left out. But that is not the problem of this movie. The problem is the way the things left in were realized. Here everything is lost. Only one tiny bit of it was the giving away of the story's twist shortly after the beginning. I always cringe when I realize that the makers or writers of a book, play or movie deem their audience too stupid to get the story otherwise. I find that insulting. Also, both the conflicts with Ender's schoolmates and with the other candidates at battle school were simplified and watered down in a way that the characterization of Ender was incorrect. And don't get me startes on the psycho game, command school, the "final training" missions and the character of Mazer Rackham. Everything was wrong. Very sad. so much potential, great actors, all pissed away.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC DVD)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

1.0 out of 5 stars Real crap for german, austrian and swiss players - quite good for everyone else., 28 Jun 2014
As seen in the headline - a good game pretty much all around, but complete rubbish for german, austrian and swiss players. Therefore, I give this one star. Why is that? Well, I myself live in germany. Two things are different when playing this game in Germany: nazi symbols are removed and the game is only avaliable in german language (spoken and subtitles). The removal of the nazi symbols is perfectly understandable, since displaying these is a violation of the german criminal code (it is allowed for movies, since these are considered as art in the eyes of the law, while computer games are considered as children's toys). This doesn't bother me at all. But the dubbing, that i cannot take. I watch all my movies in the original language (if it is one that i understand) and I do the same when playing games. The translation is terrible almost every time and all the nuances in the voice acting are lost. The game itself is ruined by that.

So, for german players looking for a version of the game worth playing: I know Amazon UK does not deliver this game to germany. But also do not buy it somewhere else or in a retail store in the UK, since the game is bound to steam and they will revert it back to a german version on install. It stays crap.

Thanks Bathesda! Looking at the number comments on steam, I think many players in Germany, Austria and Switzerland will think twice buying a game from you again.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2014 4:30 PM GMT

The Great Gatsby - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio

1.0 out of 5 stars Pre-ordered because of the great artwork, 30 Sep 2013
But it turns out, they changed it the cheap way. Like so many others, I say change it back or no sale. I will leave my pre-order for now, but I will cancel if the - and let's be honest - really ugly artwork stays like this. So many people were willing to pay some extra for nothing more than a pretty tin box, and even then they cheat them - us - like this. Not cool.

Ah, by the way: the movie itself was and is great.

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 (Part One) [DVD]
Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 (Part One) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos

1.0 out of 5 stars A foul attempt to make twice the money, 3 Oct 2008
Don't buy! This box is a foul attempt to cash in twice on a single season of this fine series. Both the distributor and amazon are to blame here. The distributor for this rotten behaviour and taking its own customers for fools in selling us half a season for the price of a full one, and amazon for not making that clear in the product description.

If they sell the full season and if my anger has cooled down 'till then I will think about buying that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2008 6:56 PM GMT