Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now
Profile for Yoga Bird > Reviews

Content by Yoga Bird

Yoga Bird

Page: 1 | 2
Homedics Professional Hepa Oscillating Tower Air Purifier
Homedics Professional Hepa Oscillating Tower Air Purifier

5.0 out of 5 stars This product has made a significant difference to our hayfever ..., 9 Jun. 2015
This product has made a significant difference to our hayfever this year.
The fan is quite enough to cause minimal disturbance when on at night.

10 Minute Solution - Ultimate Kettleball Fat Burner [DVD] [2008]
10 Minute Solution - Ultimate Kettleball Fat Burner [DVD] [2008]

3.0 out of 5 stars 10 minute segments make the DVD easy to use, 9 Jun. 2015
Pros:
10 minute segments make the DVD easy to use.
Cheap.

Cons:
The instructor doesn't use a kettlebell. This means that the timings for using a kettlebell at home are slightly off as the movement of the weight is different, particularly for a move like clean and press. It's only suitable for someone already competent at using a kettlebell because the move isn't correctly demonstrated.

On balance, I use the DVD, and for the low price it offers fair value, but the cons are significant. It's a shame because the concept is good, and this series of videos generally works well.

Thomas and Friends Wooden Railway Flynn Engine
Thomas and Friends Wooden Railway Flynn Engine
Offered by mausefant

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my son's favourite engines. The ladder tips up and down which ..., 3 Feb. 2015
One of my son's favourite engines. The ladder tips up and down which is a nice touch. He's quite a tall engine so can be snug with some rail accessories like bridges. Well made.

Ministry Of Sound: Run To The Beat 2010
Ministry Of Sound: Run To The Beat 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely helpful for running to a set pace, and ..., 3 Feb. 2015
Definitely helpful for running to a set pace, and is being beneficial to my training. Very clubby music which isn't my usual style, but does the job of getting you running "to the beat"

Bigjigs Rail T-Junction (Pack of 2)
Bigjigs Rail T-Junction (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be well made. As both have the ..., 3 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Bigjigs Rail T-Junction (Toy)
Appears to be well made. As both have the same male/ female connections, extra female-female pieces can be handy for some track layouts. My son immediately got busy using them to make a new track.

Bigjigs Rail Train Washer
Bigjigs Rail Train Washer
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Bigjigs Rail Train Washer (Toy)
Well made and good value.

Gaiam - Prenatal Yoga (2009) [DVD] [2005]
Gaiam - Prenatal Yoga (2009) [DVD] [2005]

4.0 out of 5 stars yoga for excercise, 2 Nov. 2012
I bought this DVD two years ago at the end of the second trimester of my first pregnancy. I was already riddled with back pain and found it a little ambitous for the state I was in. I was doing yoga 1:1 with my former instructor and had had to modify beyond this DVD.

Now I'm in the early second trimester of pregnancy and have dusted it off and am getting on much better with it. My body feels pleasantly stretched and relaxed after, and I hope it can help fend off some aches and pains. The three levels are useful and you can switch between them through the course of the workout. It is aimed at yoga for excercise rather than pure relaxation which will suit different interests. I have several yoga DVDs by Gaiam, and they are well produced.

I've rated at 4 stars as there are few technical points on things like alignment, making it more suitable for someone who is familiar with yoga rather than a novice. There are 3 sections, but no simple shortcut menu between them to break it into a shorter workout. 50 mins can be a long time if you have a toddler in the house- however, if well timed against a long nap, the workout passes quickly.
Overall it is a good DVD, and I'm happy to keep using it.

Postnatal Rescue [DVD]
Postnatal Rescue [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Denton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for builing up strength, 13 July 2011
This review is from: Postnatal Rescue [DVD] (DVD)
My pregnancy took its toll on my body, walking was a strain all the way through, and by the end my only excercise was aquanatal, and swimming. My fitness level crashed. Add in an emergency CS and my body was in a very sorry state by the time I brough my baby home. I started this DVD at around 6 weeks, and did adapt level one a little to make it easier. Using the DVD allowed me to gently and safely build up my physical limits, and combined with getting out with the pram everyday, I was able to comfortably join Buggy Babes at 10 weeks after the birth.

6 months on, and I still use this DVD on level 3 from time to time as the 15 minute slots are easy to slot in. Erin can be a bit momsy, but she's pleasant and encouraging (although I don't believe her thighs really do feel it as much as mine!)
Overall this is a great DVD to prepare a post-pregnant body for rejoining the world of fitness.

What to Expect When You're Expecting 4th Edition
What to Expect When You're Expecting 4th Edition
by Heidi Murkoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive and non-judgmental, 12 Aug. 2010
This is the only book I have purchased to guide me through pregnancy, so I'm unable to make comparions with others. I also haven't felt the need to buy any others, and feel that it gives me the information I need.

The writing style is easy and pleasant to read, and the advice is positive, and non-judgemental. It covers common concerns and has a reassuring tone.

I've been browsing through it most weeks to find out about progress through the pregnancy, both for the baby, and life as a preganant woman.

Pineapple Studios - Everybody Dance [DVD]
Pineapple Studios - Everybody Dance [DVD]
Dvd ~ Paulette Minott
Offered by Todays Great Deal

3.0 out of 5 stars Good moves, not the greatest workout, 7 Sept. 2008
I bought this DVD to use as a cardiovascular workout. It has several good features and some drawbacks.
Good features:
*Can choose track easily
*Good scenes for learning the moves
*Several options for watching the routine
*Good chart music to dance to

Drawbacks:
*After you have learnt the moves it doesn't really go anywhere. The performance scenes are difficult to follow if you need a prompt. What it really needs is a studio scene that just runs through the whole routine.
*There is little flow. You have to go through the menu for everything.

Overall this is a good DVD to learn a street style of dance, but is not ideal if you are looking for an aerobic workout (although it will get your heart up). It is fun and worth considering if you'd like to try something different.

Page: 1 | 2