Profile for Autumnalred > Reviews

Autumnalred

Twirlywoos Gift Pack
Twirlywoos Gift Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Twirlywoos 😀, 19 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Twirlywoos Gift Pack (Toy)
Arrived super fast. Well packed. A lovely set of poseable figures presented well in a strong presentation box. I haven't given these to my little grand daughter yet, but I know she will instantly recognise these little characters as they look exactly like the funny, adventurous Twirlywoos she knows and loves on the TV.

The Debt To Pleasure: Picador Classic
The Debt To Pleasure: Picador Classic
by John Lanchester

5.0 out of 5 stars Star recommended!, 18 Sept. 2015
Arrived super fast and in pristine condition. I chose this as having been strongly recommended by Alexander Armstrong on Annie's book review program. He thought it a brilliantly funny read, and his description had me 'hooked' immediately. I just love Alexander's dry sense of humour, so if he finds it hilarious then it will certainly appeal to me. As I've only just started to read it I can't give my own view yet, other than to say it already has me captivated.

Wake Me Up (Official BBC Children In Need Single 2014)
Wake Me Up (Official BBC Children In Need Single 2014)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Nov. 2014
A lovely rendition for a great cause.

Real Love
Real Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Real Love (MP3 Download)
Gorgeous. Made me revisit The Beatles and John Lennon. Superb.

Django Django
Django Django

5.0 out of 5 stars Django Django, 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Django Django (Audio CD)
A refreshingly happy sound. The 3rd track is most recognisable, but the whole album is really good...grows on you.
I love the rhythms and pace. There is a distinctive quality to the sound. Gorgeous!

The Whispering Room: Haunted Poems
The Whispering Room: Haunted Poems
by Gillian Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Poems and pictures, 21 April 2012
Justin Todd is a really talented illustrator. Here he successfully combines his imaginative style with some wonderfully haunting and sometimes a little scary poetry by various authors. These poems are even better when read out loud, and would be good to share.
Although aimed at children, this book would interest those young at heart adultts too. I heartily recommend a look.

A Little Book of the Green Man
A Little Book of the Green Man
by Mike Harding

5.0 out of 5 stars Green man, 6 Oct. 2011
A superb little book. Harding's photographs are clear and varied, drawing on his many travels. He has an excellent eye, and his selections are wonderful. The text is to the point and contains really interesting insights into this mysterious subject. Thoroughly enjoyable. I'm going on to collect the rest in this series.