Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer "book listener" (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Baby Pink Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Case (P3100 / P3110) - Leather Smart Case with 360° Rotating Swivel Action for Portrait and Landscape Orientation with Free Screen Protector and Stylus Touch Pen by Stuff4®

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Case, 1 April 2016
My granddaughter wanted to be able to use her tablet hands-free and this fitted the bill perfectly. It was a brilliant price and was delivered on time.

Alan Johnson: Left Standing
Alan Johnson: Left Standing

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this writer., 29 Feb. 2016
I was very disappointed in this book. I have read the two autobiographical novels by Alan Johnson, which I thoroughly enjoyed, and made the mistake of thinking this was the third in the series. The cover of the book is a very similar format to the two previous books and the writers name is in quite small type, so it was an understandable error.
The author, if he can be called that, had taken the information in Alan Johnson's books and condensed it into an almost word for word precis. That takes up 77% of the book (so my tablet tells me). The rest of the book contains information about Alan's life as an MP and quotes that Cawthorne could have picked up from the internet or newspapers. It is a woeful excuse for a biography and has been written as an ebook to earn a few quid. I gave the book one star for the writers' audacity.

Going to Sea in a Sieve: The Autobiography
Going to Sea in a Sieve: The Autobiography
by Danny Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Danny Baker autobiolgraphy., 29 Feb. 2016
I wanted to read this after watching the TV series 'From Cradle to Grave' and I was not disappointed. It is a very entertaining, well written book and contains much more than the TV series. I can't wait to start on volume 2. I am sure that there is a second TV series in there.
Sent with rest of order it was well packaged, timely delivered and a great offer price (3 for £10).

A Gift from Bob: How a Street Cat Helped One Man Learn the Meaning of Christmas
A Gift from Bob: How a Street Cat Helped One Man Learn the Meaning of Christmas
by James Bowen

5.0 out of 5 stars More of Bob the Cat., 29 Feb. 2016
Another good read about Bob the street cat. It was bought for my elderly aunt but I could not resist having a peak. I was instantly hooked and ending up reading the whole book in a day. It make great light reading and the narrative just flows. It tells of the trials and tribulations of two great friends, the author and his cat.
Well packaged and timely delivered

Stanley 66-344M 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver
Stanley 66-344M 4-in-1 Pocket Screwdriver

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Add-on item, 29 Feb. 2016
An ideal screwdriver to keep in the kitchen drawer for emergencies when the toolbox is not in the house. Bought as an add-on to qualify for free postage and has proved to be very useful. It has 4 heads and is very sturdy.
Arrived promptly in parcel with rest of order and needed no extra packaging.

Ruby Flynn
Ruby Flynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Ruby Flynn, 29 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Ruby Flynn (Kindle Edition)
Another hit from this imaginative writer. My only advise would be to read 'A Girl called Eilinora' first to put previous events in an familial ancestry context. Well written and leaves you anticipating the next story.
Well packaged, great delivery time and at 3 for £10 a good offer price. I would recommend it to any fans of a good read which is not too intense.

Absolute Pandemonium: My Louder Than Life Story
Absolute Pandemonium: My Louder Than Life Story
by Brian Blessed

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for a Blessed fan., 29 Feb. 2016
This is one of the funniest biographies I can remember reading. It is well written and you can't help but hear Brian's distinctive shouty voice. as you read. I usually pass my books on others, but this is one I shall be keeping to read again. A great read which had me laughing out loud.
Well packaged, promptly delivered and at a good price for a hardback, I would recommend to any fans of biography, Brian Blessed and Peter O'Toole.

Gilbert Brass Decorative Sundial Compass with Rose Wood Box
Gilbert Brass Decorative Sundial Compass with Rose Wood Box
Offered by Casanova Nauticals

4.0 out of 5 stars Sundial, 29 Feb. 2016
This was a Christmas gift for the man who has everything and was a great hit for a fan of all things nautical, which was the main thing. The only downside (hence the rating) was the printed plate which was shown as attached to the inside of the box but wasn't and the printing was not readable due to damage of some kind. I did not send it back as I was too near to Christmas to be sure of a replacement in time.
It was well packaged and promptly delivered.

Ex-Pro CR2815O Hard Clam Shock Proof Case Bag for Digital Camera - Blue
Ex-Pro CR2815O Hard Clam Shock Proof Case Bag for Digital Camera - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars What should have been a good price has turned into a white elephant, 29 Feb. 2016
Although I checked the size with the information as printed, my camera would not fit inside. It is not worth the price of postage to return so I will donate it to the charity shop. What should have been a good price has turned into a white elephant, Very disappointed and feel that the information should be clearer. However, I can see that it would have offered great protection for my camera if it had fit inside,

LUXURY MATRESS PROTECTOR QUILTED FITTED MATTRESS COVER ALL SIZES NEW (SUPER KING)
Offered by MEOJO

5.0 out of 5 stars Mattress Protector., 20 Feb. 2016
This item replaced one I bought which did not fit properly. This fits well with room to spare. It feels very comfortable and stays in placed quite well. A good buy, great quality for the price. Well packaged and prompt delivery time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20