Profile for Miss Costigan Isabelle > Reviews

Content by Miss Costigan ...

Miss Costigan Isabelle

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Angelcare AC1100 Digital Video and Sound Baby Monitor - Grey
Angelcare AC1100 Digital Video and Sound Baby Monitor - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, 8 Jun. 2014
Angelcare has great reviews on almost every forum/ blog etc and was used by 3 out of 2 of my friends that had babies.
I was originally going to buy the one without the video however my husband insisted on having a video. Though the price is significantly more than the other model I feel it's defiantly worth it (plus it's cheaper here than in store).

The reason the video was a hit for us is because our baby moves A LOT! She is only 5 weeks yet she wriggles and often ends up with her face right up beside the crib edge- it's quite scary to see! Of course when she's in the room with me I can hear her wriggling and will wake up but when we put her to bed in the evening we stay downstairs and our walls are very thick- I wouldn't hear her if it weren't for the monitor. Only issue is installation. As she is still sleeping in our bedroom I haven't installed in onto her cot. I now use it by placing it on a standing box of tissues!!

Apart from that,

LOVE the temp alarm. The outside temp in our country (Qatar) is between 40-50 degrees in the summer meaning that the AC is on all the time. If it stopped working while she's upstairs or when she eventually moves into her own room she would get too hot so this is a great reassurance.

The movement monitor - absolute necessary in my opinion. During our stay in hospital I hardly slept more than 2 hours at night as I was so worried about her in the crib beside me. Using this helps me to sleep though the night (well as long as she sleeps!!). The parental monitor has a pendulum swinging and a soft beeping noise to let you know that movement is being felt. The beep is great as you don't even notice it after the first night plus it means you don't have to watch the pendulum!

1 criticism- but I won't deduct as star for it as I think it's more our 'fault'- is that the range doesn't work well in our house. As I said our walls are thick (both up and downstairs are built with bricks) so it literally reaches halfway down the stairs which is where it's kept :(

Medela Swing Electric breast pump with Calma
Medela Swing Electric breast pump with Calma

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick pumping, 8 Jun. 2014
This is the only breast pump I've tried so I can't compare it to any other.
That said, it very easy to use, pumps quickly, simply assembly/operation, easy to clean.
The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because you have to hold the bottle. If you have a bra that this fits into and hold it in place it would be much easier.

What To Expect The 1st Year [rev Edition]
What To Expect The 1st Year [rev Edition]
by Heidi Murkoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Godsend!, 8 Jun. 2014
I loved the what to expect when you're expecting book and referred to it on a weekly basis. It's well written, up to date and I love the humor and play on words evident throughout..
This book is written as I'd hoped with a similar layout to the original - 1 month/ 2 months etc. Both me and my mother refer to it a lot and have used the advice regularly.
LOVE and will buy the rest in the series as required too :)

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
by Ina May Gaskin

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 8 Jun. 2014
I bought this during my first pregnancy after reading all the positive reviews however it was way too airy fairy for me- orgasmic births- no thanks..! It's all about positive thinking it order to get you through the birth and to try and aim for as natural a birth as possible. You can do all that without this book- wouldn't recommend it.

Microfibre Turbie Twist Hair Towel, White, Lightweight Loop System, Quick Drying

2.0 out of 5 stars For pea-heads!, 8 Jun. 2014
I bought this to use on my hair after I get out of the shower but it's away too small- I can't imagine how it would work on someone with longer than shoulder length hair. I do use it still when I put a leave in conditioner in my hair to wrap the ends but I wouldn't let anyone see me in it!! Luckily it was cheap!

Wood Scrabble Pendant Tiles Rectangle 18x20mm /100
Wood Scrabble Pendant Tiles Rectangle 18x20mm /100
Offered by Anything you want UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for craft, 8 Jun. 2014
I bought these to do a craft project and well.. there just as I'd hoped. Same size as the original though obviously different colour and material. I was going to give 4 stars but I actually don't have any complaint!

Brica Mega Mirror
Brica Mega Mirror
Offered by EuropaDepot

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to assemble, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Brica Mega Mirror (Baby Product)
I wasn't able to install it and had to call someone else to have a look at the instructions, after literally 20 minutes she managed to get it right!
Aside from that, great size, easy to view mirror (not that cheap, plastic, bendy kind that distorts the image) and Baby loves it, always catch her looking at herself! ;)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh.., 8 Jun. 2014
I'm not sure how much this is supposed to help especially for us suffering post partum..! I do use them from time to time and it seems to provide some relief though it may just be a placebo!

Lansinoh TheraPearl 3-in-1 Hot or Cold Breast Therapy
Lansinoh TheraPearl 3-in-1 Hot or Cold Breast Therapy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 8 Jun. 2014
I bought this during my first pregnancy as I wanted to be prepared for anything and am living in a country where it's not available to buy in the shops.
I suffered from a blocked duct which was extremely painful and this says it helps to relieve these so I tried it. It says to heat in the microwave for a very short time. I tried the lowest and when I touched it, it felt the exact same. I continued to reheat it for 5/10 seconds at a time, touching as I went. It hardly heated at all yet I suddenly felt a burn on one of my fingers! I guess the plastic had punctured and it was leaking through the soft cover- ouch! Eventually, I did use it but it didn't relieve any pain as it simply wasn't warm enough. I then reverted to using a hot wet nappy and that worked muuuch better!

DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow
DreamGenii Maternity Support Pillow

5.0 out of 5 stars Obsessed, 5 Jan. 2014
I can't recommend this enough. I hadn't heard anything much about pregnancy pillows, none of my friends had recommended them however I thought I would purchase one as pre-pregnancy I always slept on my tummy so I needed something to encourage me to sleep on my side. It can be used in many different ways, I generally have it between my legs however it makes a good reading pillow too. I often fall asleep with it between my legs and wake up 8 hours later in the exact same position. Would genuinely recommend it to everyone! I call it my boyfriend, my husband gets jealous! ;)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3