Profile for B. Mulvanerty > Reviews

Content by B. Mulvanerty

B. Mulvanerty "Krystals Cove" (Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BEST 50 GAMES COMPENDIUM
BEST 50 GAMES COMPENDIUM
Offered by Eastburn General Store
Price: 3.38

2.0 out of 5 stars You do indeed get what you pay for.., 15 Feb 2014
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: BEST 50 GAMES COMPENDIUM (Toy)
I was quite surprised how small and flat the package was on arrival. My daughter opened it up to find a damaged box and games printed on very small, thin card and approx 18 games that we could identify.

I have donated it to her school for wet play times and will order a different one as I envisaged something a lot more durable than what we received.

Bright Insulated Lunch Cool Bag - Ladies & Girls Lunch time Carry Handbag (Orange)
Offered by eBuyGB
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lunch Cool Bag, 11 Jan 2014
The bag is nice but very small. It is large enough for a child's packed lunch and will do for the moment but it looks bigger in the picture than it actually is.

Mousetrap
Mousetrap
Offered by Fun Collectables
Price: 14.23

5.0 out of 5 stars An Old Favourite, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mousetrap (Toy)
Mousetrap - its an old favourite with a few new touches. It has a newer, brighter look. All the family fan play.

VTech Secret Safe Diary
VTech Secret Safe Diary
Price: 17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars secret diary, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: VTech Secret Safe Diary (Toy)
Its a great product for children of around 7-9. I bought it for a 10.5 year old and its of little educational value for her age.

The Birthday Party
The Birthday Party
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars An Entertaining Read, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Birthday Party (Paperback)
Loved the individual characters loved the book. Not your typical ending at all. I won't go into the story plots, so as not to spoil it for prospective readers. I do have a comment and a question however. It would have been good to know what happened to Pandora after the whole indiscretion thing and I why does the book have this title when the party aspect is not really brought into the story until right at the very end?

Marriage And Other Games
Marriage And Other Games
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best reads this year, 1 Jan 2013
I started off by reading The Long Weekend and put it down to start reading this one instead. I'm glad I did. Marriage and Other Games is a complete page-turner, kept my interest throughout and I loved the way the characters - who were so different from each other - came together. Usually with these types of books you can kind of guess what happens at the end, not with this one.

SPOILER ALERT: Dont read on if you dont want to know what happens in the end.

Although it was obvious Hayley wouldnt make it to the end of the book, the way she left us was quite unexpected. I thought the thuggish boyfriend would have killed her or something.

The book ends on a kind of saddish note, but that doesn't spoil it. There doesn't always have to be a happy ending.

Nice work Ms. Henry.

A Crowded Marriage
A Crowded Marriage
by Catherine Alliott

4.0 out of 5 stars A Crowded Marriage, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: A Crowded Marriage (Paperback)
I love Catherine Alliott's books and although this is an old one, I recognise the regular patterns of her protagonists. I wanted to grab 'Imo' and give her a good shake most of the time. Another characters who would rather bury her head in the sand than admit something is terribly wrong with her marriage. Still - a good read.

Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider III

5.0 out of 5 stars Tomb Raider III, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Tomb Raider III (Video Game)
Its too good to put down apparently. Highly addictive and great. According to my daughter 'nothing beats the old greats."

Rainbow Magic: The Rainbow Fairies: 2: Amber the Orange Fairy
Rainbow Magic: The Rainbow Fairies: 2: Amber the Orange Fairy
by Daisy Meadows
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amber the Orange Fairy, 11 Dec 2012
My little girls loves it. We'd been searching for this one in the stores for years and could find every other name except hers.

An Eligible Bachelor
An Eligible Bachelor

5.0 out of 5 stars An Eligible Bachelor, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: An Eligible Bachelor (Paperback)
Although I have not finished reading the book, I love it and actually dont want to reach the end - its so well written and entertaining. The title is a little deceiving because the story lines concentrate less on the guy and more on the women around him. But its a great read. Not going to spoil anything by adding plot lines...highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3