Profile for sympathy > Reviews

Content by sympathy

sympathy "sympathy"

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars A total DECEPTION, be careful, 23 July 2010
I bought the product a couple of months ago when the weather in UK was cool. As I received the product. I checked it with my mobile phone, it worked well. When I attached it to my toshiba satellite pro A120 laptop while running on battery, I was suprized that the laptop power option was showing now running on AC, however, after a few minutes, I found my laptop battery charge was deminishing. I waited for the summer to come and see how it works in full sunshine to exploit its full capacity. A total disappointment. As I put it in direct sunlight and plugged into my laptop, at first it was charging my laptop but after a few minutes when it was warmed up in the sun for a while,it caused my laptop to auto shutdown. And this happened consistantly each time causing my laptop to shutdown as and when I plugged it into my latop after being put for a while in direct sun. It goes wrong when it is put in direct sunlight due to heating of its panels. If you want to use it in winter it might work but it is definitely not suitable for summer months (even not for a UK summer which comparatively cool). But the real problem is that you dont get good sunlight in winter. It is in summer when the sun light is at its best. I dont know whether it becomes short-circuited or some other abnormality occurs when it is put in strong sunlight for a while. Each time I had to remove my laptop battery to turn it on after it was shutdown by the solargorilla. Unfotunately, no warranty is offered with this product, so I cant return it. It is just a waste of money. I have contacted powertraveller about this. They suggested to use some shield with it to protect it from hot sun. Can you believe it? A product that is made to harvest light energy to make electricity needs to be protected from strong sunshine. It is just rediculous.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2011 5:53 PM BST

Powertraveller Solargorilla 5V and 20V Solar Portable Charger
Powertraveller Solargorilla 5V and 20V Solar Portable Charger

1.0 out of 5 stars A total DECEPTION, be careful, 19 July 2010
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2010 3:10 PM BST

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black) (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish pair of earphones, 19 May 2010
Very poor sound quality, no clarity at all, very noisy, just a rubbish pair of earphones, dont waste a penny on it. Reject even if offered free.