Profile for Edwardo > Reviews

Lucas Golf Battery 22Ah suitable for Hillbilly Electric Trolley
Lucas Golf Battery 22Ah suitable for Hillbilly Electric Trolley
Offered by PureDrive Batteries Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 15 July 2013
I've had this battery for a few weeks now and it seems to be remarkable value for money - much cheaper than a similar one purchased in Jan 2012. I purchased a diminutive new Linden Golf battery charger at the same time and using this the battery is fully charged in 5.5 hours after 18 holes. Not sure if this really is a kosher Lucas battery but it has all the right markings and was nicely packaged and delivered without delay.

So far so very good!

Linden Golf 3 amp 3 Stage Battery Charger
Linden Golf 3 amp 3 Stage Battery Charger
Offered by NRG Power Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Small & Efficient, 15 July 2013
I purchased this three stage charger at the same time as a new 18 hole replacement 22Ahr battery (from another supplier) so I started entirely from scratch.

Compared to my previous charger, this unit is very small (less than half the size) and has no ventilation holes. As I unpacked it I was filled with misgivings - not at all sure that it was capable of dissipating the heat on a recharge after 18 holes. In the first stage of charging it does get quite warm but this is not excessive. During what I judge to be the second stage the heat diminishes somewhat and the (new) battery was fully charged in around 5.5 hours. In the third trickle charge stage the unit is barely warm. The red charging light changes to green when the battery is charged and both are clearly visible.

So, after a few weeks I am very pleased with my purchase which is extremely well priced. One small caveat is that the mains cable is rather short (although plenty of 12 Volt lead on the output). It remains to be seen how well it copes with an older battery nearing the end of it's life where it will stay very warm for longer - but so far so good!

Samsung 300E5A Intel® CoreTM i5-2450M Dual Core Processor, 15.6" HD Screen, Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, DVD Rewriter, Dedicated GT 520MX 1GB Graphics, Bluetooth 3, HDMI, Webcam

4.0 out of 5 stars Well specified laptop, 12 Nov 2012
I purchased my laptop from a well known high street shop as it was considerably cheaper. It was a special deal and so no doubt it was the end of a line. It met my basic desired minimum spec of i5 processor, separate dedicated video card, 6 GB of RAM, reasonable HDD size, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and WiFi. The clincher was that it was made by a respected manufacturer.

Like many others who have reviewed similar models from the same Samsung range I have found that the display is disappointing. Definitely not HD. You have to view it at 90 degrees to the operator. To achieve this, I have found that the lid needs to be tipped back as far as it will go, so not much good if you don't have the room to do this. I suppose that users expect iPad or smart phone clarity these days. Don't expect Hi-Fi sound either!

Other than that it works very well. WiFi worked first time but is a bit low powered - however it works from our dining room to the router upstairs. The keyboard takes some getting used to but is par for the course at this price level. The battery life is reasonable.

The preloaded Windows Office Starter is all most home users require, but I had to uninstall some of the unnecessary Samsung software which drove me nuts every time I booted Windows up. You will need to download an email programme as none is provided. I use Windows Live Mail which is not bad. I let the sales guy in the shop talk me into purchasing Norton 360. I'm sure it does the job, but it constantly needs attention. I'll load the much more user friendly AVG when the subscription runs out I think

A better display and I would have given it another star, but all in all - an extremely well made, good value for money, product at around five hundred pounds.

AVG Internet Security 2012, 4 PC, 2 Year License (PC)
AVG Internet Security 2012, 4 PC, 2 Year License (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what it seems, 24 Sep 2012
This product was half the price of the AVG update and so an apparent no brainer. It's out of date now as AVG launched Internet Security 2013 towards the end of 2012. However, with one two wobbles and a reminder or two that the software was superceded I got it loaded ok and so I'm protected for another two years. It is still the easiest and most efficient software to use - I have Norton installed on my new laptop and that is going to be uninstalled as soon as the subscription lapses.
Just waiting for my free update to the AVG 2013 now

S'awful Nice/S'continental
S'awful Nice/S'continental
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 12 Sep 2012
You either like Ray Coniff or you find him a bit repetitious. S'Awful Nice is much the better of the two albums with a more varied set of tunes and arrangements.

Sound quality is amazing considering the age of these records. There is no tape hiss - they could have been made yesterday.

Highly recommended, if only to show off your Hi-Fi!

Spear & Jackson Razorsharp Advance Heavy Duty Telescopic Ratchet Anvil Lopper
Spear & Jackson Razorsharp Advance Heavy Duty Telescopic Ratchet Anvil Lopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made, 12 Sep 2012
So far so good. Very sharp and very well engineered although, as somebody else has pointed out, some of the fixing nuts and bolts were loose and had to be tightened. This a heavy duty product so it should come as no surprise that it is heavy!

The ratchet system works well. However occasionally cutting can be difficult when the access is awkward as movement of the handles can be restricted which inhibits engagement of the ratchet. All in all though an extremely well made product and good value for money. Highly recommended

Bahco  P121-23 Bypass SECateurs 230MM
Bahco P121-23 Bypass SECateurs 230MM

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Sep 2012
These secateurs are first class. However, mind the bypass blade when cleaning - its as sharp as a carving knife!

Mission to Paris
Mission to Paris

3.0 out of 5 stars Hope the next book is better than this one, 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Mission to Paris (Kindle Edition)
I think that I have read all of the Alan Furst novels and I have enthusiastically recommended him to several friends and relations. My brother recently asked me which book would be the best one to start with but I didn't recommend this one. It's a good read and I enjoyed it but I feel it is a pale shadow of some of Furst's earlier work. Like another reviewer has mentioned, it has the definite feel of a 'one book a year' about it and indeed this book had it's release date published well in advance the previous year.

The opening chapters are very reminiscent of 'The World At Night' which is also about the French film industry. Both books have over long irrelevant descriptions of film plots and I speed read through all of this to get to the main story. The hero, Eric Stahl, is basically the same character from previous books and Alan Furst needs to attend to this. The Nazis are portrayed as bumbling fools who in reality would probably have eliminated Stahl as soon as he stepped out of line. As always, there is a fast tracked happy ending which definitely had a feeling of 'got to get this to the publisher'

Another book like this and Alan Furst will begin to lose his credibility

Disappointing

Hellfire (Jack Tanner 4)
Hellfire (Jack Tanner 4)
by James Holland

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet, 17 Sep 2011
I've read all of the Jack Tanner books, fortunately in sequence which is a great advantage.

It's interesting to watch the development of James Holland as a novelist. His greatest strength is that despite being works of fiction his books are based on real events with many of the actual people involved incorporated. He is careful to keep the story in line with what really happened (often right down to dates and times)and so the reader gets a history lesson as well as being entertained - no mean feat. The research for each book must be really extensive.

As each book goes by the construction improves and HellFire is a great improvement in technique and character development over the first three. The incorporation of the espionage element provides for some much needed suspense rather than just alternating between action and romance and here I was reminded of the (highly recommended) Alan Furst spy books which are set in the same era

I hope James Holland continues to broaden his horizons, rounding his characters and incorporating more interweaving story lines. Oh, and not depend on Tanner shooting explosives thrown by Sykes to get his hero out of trouble - it's getting a bit repetitious!

I'm looking forward to the next book, which I assume will be set in Italy?

Highly recommended!

Yellowstone [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Yellowstone [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Peter Firth

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 27 Aug 2011
This Blu-ray really is as good as all the other reviewers on Amazon have said. The photography is exquisite (you have to feel for the camera operators working in such cold conditons)and the voice over is just right.

If you want a Blu-ray demo disk this is it!

Page: 1 | 2