Profile for christina jenke > Reviews

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night
It Was a Dark and Stormy Night
by Janet Ahlberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely funny book, 25 Feb 2013
Great book, lovely angle on an old story... funny, unexpected and great to read to children. Mine loved it and keep asking me to read it to them. I recommend it for any occasion especially bedtime reads.

The Princess Knight
The Princess Knight
by Cornelia Funke

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Princess Knight (Paperback)
My daughter wanted me to find books with a heroine instead of a hero for her little baby girl! This book fits the bill fanatastically! My daughter was delighted. The heroine is feisty and funny and the story flows along to its lovely conclusion. A great book for all little girls who want to be the 'doer' instead of the 'done to'!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2013 2:43 PM GMT

Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
by Anita Moorjani

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful revelation, 25 Feb 2013
A fantastic read, what an eye-opener from someone who has been to 'the other realm'. Anita tells her story in a beautiful and simple way. I love that she is totally un-judgemental; she is just telling her story and how it has affected her and changed her life. It confirmed to me everything that I have come to understand and believe and I completely resonate with her words. Her message is so simple, and something we can all do so easily if we want to. Thank you Anita.

The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science
by Norman Doidge

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book., 25 Feb 2013
A must-read for anyone interested in how the brain works and the infinite abilities we have to do anything we could possibly want to. What a wonderful revelation that our brains are constantly changing and that we have the ability to alter, improve and often cure things in ourselves that in the past were thought of as incurable or irreversible. Norman Doidge has written this book in a fluid and easy-to-understand manner. I couldn't put it down and am already trying some of the possibilities. Very exciting!

The Cat Who Got Carried Away (The Gaskitts)
The Cat Who Got Carried Away (The Gaskitts)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely funny story, 25 Feb 2013
Wonderfully funny for children and adults alike. My family have loved this book and time and again read it and ask me to read it to them.

Cures for All Cancers
Cures for All Cancers
by Hulda Regehr Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Cures for All Cancers (Paperback)
Hulda Clark is definitely one of my heroines. I loved reading this book and have followed her recipes and especially her cleanses and felt so much better for them. My partner and I do the parasite cleanse, the kidney cleanse and the liver cleanse once a year. Fantastic for feeling well, more energy and keeping slim! Also wonderful advice about our environment and food and how it affects our bodies. And all from her own research... and all for free.. She is a unique individual and her life's work is that everyone can heal themselves, and very simply! She really does give us back the power to choose a healthy way of living.

2 x Puma Fundamental Sweatbands / Wristbands rrp£7 - Black White or Pink
2 x Puma Fundamental Sweatbands / Wristbands rrp£7 - Black White or Pink
Offered by UK SPORTS WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wristbands, 25 Feb 2013
Really comfortable, keep sweat off my hands and keep mossies from creeping up my shirtsleeves and biting! Will recommend to others.

Miss Brick the Builders' Baby (Happy Families Series)
Miss Brick the Builders' Baby (Happy Families Series)
by Allan Ahlberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely children's book and great fun for adults too!, 25 Feb 2013
Great fun, my children love it and always ask me to read it to them. When a book is funny for children and adults it's a must and gets read over and over again.

Dr. Clark's Healthy Recipes: Beneficial Foods, Beverages, Personal Care and Household Products
by Hulda Regehr Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for healthy recipes, 25 Feb 2013
Hulda Clark is definitely one of my heroines so I couldn't not get this book. I've felt so well following her advice on so many counts. A truly remarkable woman.

The Woman Who Won Things (The Gaskitts)
The Woman Who Won Things (The Gaskitts)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely funny book, 25 Feb 2013
Great book for children and adults. Fun to read to your children. Lovely story. Really enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who has a child.