Profile for Mike Quinn > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Compacks DVD6972 2 Channel DVD Player
Compacks DVD6972 2 Channel DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Bargain, 26 Mar 2007
I have used officially-produced DVDs, DVD-Rs and CDs (with MP3s) on this player and I have had no problems. Indeed, at the price I consider it to be an absolute bargain.

It is compact and it simply works. Thoroughly recommended.

AA Road Atlas Britain 2007 (AA Road Atlases)
AA Road Atlas Britain 2007 (AA Road Atlases)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact And Easy To Use, 26 Mar 2007
This is an excellent edition of the long-running AA road atlas. It has copious amounts of the usual information (speed cameras are a new addition) and I still prefer to use this instead of an on-line solution (what's a sat-nav?!).

The main reason that this edition is better than the last is its size. It is more compact and far easier to use in a car.

SanDisk Sansa m240 1Gb MP3 Player
SanDisk Sansa m240 1Gb MP3 Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, 26 Mar 2007
I am very pleased with this MP3 player, delivered by Amazon exceedingly quickly as ever.

The quality is superb, the on-screen display is clear and the customizable graphic equalizer is a boon. For £20, this is a veritable bargain. One small problem (for me anyway) - it does not support volume levelling. I listen to many home-made compilations and naturally the volume levels on each track varies considerably.

However, I have got round this by burning all tracks to a CD (with volume-levelling), copying the contents of the CD to my hard disk and then simply copying the tracks from there to the SanDisk.

If it wasn't for this one minor point, I would have rated this wonderful device five stars.

Netgear DG834G 54Mbps Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Firewall Router with 4-port 10/100 Switch
Offered by NETWORK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb router, highly recommended, 10 Feb 2007
I bought the NetGear DG834Gv3 on the strength of a couple of colleagues' recommendations and I have not been disappointed.

Installation was exceedingly simple although afterwards, I logged into the router and went through all the configurations very carefully just to see what there was. This was also a breeze. Locking down the wireless connection was simple (by MAC address) and there are countless other options that are too numerous to mention here. The help columns are succinct and to the point and upgrading the router was easy.

Of course, my secure internet activity carries on without me realising that the router is there - what more can I ask? Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5