Profile for ddbelle > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding
A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story, 24 Jun. 2016
I knew the facts of the atom bomb that ended the war but this story gave that awful era of history a human face. It makes you think of all the lives that were literally blown apart in a second. I found the story moving and I know one that will stay in my mind.

Barefoot Lincoln: Vinnie Ream and the President (Vinita Series Book 1)
Barefoot Lincoln: Vinnie Ream and the President (Vinita Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing story, 22 Sept. 2015
I didn't know of the sculpture but I'd love to see it now I know the story behind it. Vinnie Ream should be better known as she was the sculptress to have a piece in the Capitol Rotunda. Interesting to be given a human view of an iconic figure seen through the life of his sculptress.

Blood Royal
Blood Royal

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing story, 23 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Blood Royal (Kindle Edition)
Loved the well drawn characters, the illuminating facts about the very early beginnings of the understanding that slavery was wrong, the humour and the love story. A great read which I enjoyed immensely.

Anker New Laptop Battery for Toshiba PA3817U-1BRS PA3819U-1BRS Toshiba Satellite C655 L650 L650D L655 L655D L700 L745 L750 L750D L755 L755D M640 M645 P745 P755 P775 Series - 18 Months Warranty [Li-ion 6-cell 5200mAh/56Wh]

5.0 out of 5 stars arrived promptly, no problems replacing my old battery with ..., 6 April 2015
arrived promptly, no problems replacing my old battery with new, charged up ok - left it on overnight as per instructions for a couple of times once power had been used to recharge - holds the charge well

New Green Whitefurze Plastic Stackable Container Small Storage Box With Lid 14l
New Green Whitefurze Plastic Stackable Container Small Storage Box With Lid 14l
Offered by NOVELTY STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought to store floristry kit - ideal size to house ..., 8 Feb. 2015
Bought to store floristry kit - ideal size to house lots of bits and pieces: scissors, knife, block of oasis and plastic oasis bowls etc

Philips DCM2055 Micro Music System (Wall-mountable CD player, MP3 link, USB Direct, Bass Reflex System)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Ipod, 3 Nov. 2014
I love my Ipod, husband loves his CDs - this worked for both of us! Easy to connect up, easy to use and very easy to listen in all three modes - love the sleek modern design and the great sound. Shame Philips is discontinuing it, so glad I got one before they did.

Pyrex GLSMJ1/2PT Glass Measuring Jug, 250 ml - Clear
Pyrex GLSMJ1/2PT Glass Measuring Jug, 250 ml - Clear
Offered by TCB DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Pyrex is best!, 14 Jun. 2014
I have had the two larger 500ml and 1l sized jugs for years and use them frequently and the measuring lines are still clear. I bought a 25ml in a shop but didn't spot it wasn't Pyrex, put it in the dish washer a few times and the measuring lines have disappeared! Moral of story go for Pyrex!

Roma: The Epic Novel of Ancient Rome
Roma: The Epic Novel of Ancient Rome

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable romp through Roman history, 7 Jun. 2013
A bit like Edward Rutherford who takes a family from the early history of a place and follows various members and side shoots covering the history of the place. Saylor uses a amulet, made during the first days of Rome and follows it as it is passed on through 500 years of history. I read it on the kindle while in Rome and it made the forum etc come alive for me. First time I've read Saylor but it won't be the last.

The Restorer
The Restorer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story!, 25 April 2013
This review is from: The Restorer (Kindle Edition)
I love books that swap between old and modern timelines which this story does so well. I found it fascinating, learning about how the frescos were produced originally and how they are being restored in the present day. The story flows between the two different periods very well and the characters are well drawn. I thoroughly enjoyed it and warmly recommend it to other readers.

Roanoke Village (Roanoke: Memories of Isabel Book 1)
Roanoke Village (Roanoke: Memories of Isabel Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing story, 22 April 2013
I found this story very confusing and disjointed to read. I couldn't tell if it was a factual account or a story. Some parts rang true but others seemed made up. Overall I enjoyed it as an introduction to a fascinating era of American history

Page: 1 | 2 | 3