Profile for Ian_Prague > Reviews

Content by Ian_Prague

Ian_Prague

Polski megatest Polish in Exercises: Jezyk polski w cwiczeniach. Poziomy A1, A2 i B1
by Stanislaw Medak

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Mar. 2016
Exactly what I hoped for.

Polar RC3 GPS Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
Polar RC3 GPS Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
Offered by WappleOne

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 12 Feb. 2013
I recently bought the RC3 GPS to replace an RS800G3.

I have read that there are issues with the build quality, and the GPS did not work on the first unit I received. I have to praise Amazon's returns procedure though, I received a new one within a week. On my first and only run with the original unit, to have the training message at the end congratulate me on my speed, when the GPS did not work, struck me as gimmicky and pointless.

That said, I am pretty pleased with the replacement. The GPS picked up the satellites in under a minute, even though it was snowing. I was a bit disappointed to find it did not have an altimeter, as the RS800 did, but some trawling on the Polar website revealed that, as long as you set the correct flag on polarpersonaltrainer.com, when you upload your run stats to the site the system calculates your run altitude profile from google maps. On the other hand I had always assumed altitude was taken into account when calculating polar's Run Index of a run (basically, how good the run was) . I guess I was wrong on that one, which makes the Run Index just another gimmic: of course you are going to run slower if your run is hilly!

I agree with one of the other reviewers that polarpersonaltrainer.com is still a bit clunky. On the other hand I love the (automatic) integration with Google maps, so you can see exactly where you went.

On the views you see when running, I like the fact that you can see speed, time and distance at the same time. The RS800 did not allow that.

One major disappointment with polarpersonaltrainer.com is that you cannot upload your training history from Polar Pro Trainer. So my years of history with the RS800 is gone. Maybe they will fix that.

Overall though, I am pretty pleased with the RC3 GPS.

Update 08/04/2013. After 2 months, using a couple of times a week, the GPS has stopped working.