Profile for T. Clancy > Reviews

T. Clancy (Helsinki)

Apostasy
Apostasy

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get into it., 17 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Apostasy (Audio CD)
I've tried to listen to this album for a few years now (since it was released), and it just goes passed me. Everytime I have it on I just tune out, I don't know what it is about this album, but it really does nothing for me. I don't go around and give bad reviews after only a few listens, I've listened to this album 30-40 times, and there comes a point where I've got to say "it just won't work for you". Maybe it's because this is their first proper DM album, or that it followed Demigid....there's just something about this album that won't stick with me. I don't hate it, but I am really unimpressed, for me to hate something there's got to be something really wrong with it.

Demigod is a fantastic album, it's got upmh, and so does Evangelion, which The Apostasy lacks for me, there's nothing there demanding my attention. I'm not a modern Death Metal fan (but old school DM intrests me), most modern Death Metal has nothing there for me to grab onto, and that's what I get with this album, just an overall feeling of emptiness. Yes there are a few good songs that can stand out, At the Left Hand of God for one, but I just can't pinpoint anyother song that can grab my attention (there might be the odd rift here and there but that's it).

Unfortunately it's an album that leave me with a hole that I need to fill with something else.