Profile for Toolfan > Reviews

Tomorrow, In A Yea
Tomorrow, In A Yea
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern opera with moments of great beauty, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Tomorrow, In A Yea (Audio CD)
I saw the live show of this at the Barbican in London several years ago; it was a thrilling experience. I wondered if the audio-only recording would live up to that memory as the visual, the dance and the live vibe would be absent. However I think it is beautiful; the singing and synth work is amazing and doesn't require the other elements. I'm not sure if that's because I associate it with the memory of the live show or whether if stands by itself. Not one to play whilst doing the housework, hoovering etc; find a quiet space and play it loud.

Shaking The Habitual
Shaking The Habitual
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars The knife have moved on, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Shaking The Habitual (Audio CD)
I'm still getting to grips with this one - a good sign! It's not Silent Shout, The Knife have moved on in the 7 years since their last offering; whilst I love Silent Shout, a lot, it would have been disappointing to have continued where they left off in all that time.

It's a more progressive and involved album which requires a bit more commitment from the listener. My hope is that it will grow and have longevity that more accessible material might not offer; we'll see!

iPhone 4s Black USB Data Transfer , Sync / Charging Cable also compatible with iPad 2 / iPod Nano Shuffle Touch Nano / iPhone 3Gs 3 - Premium Quality Distinguished Style and Colour
Offered by Top Bargain1

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the bill, 6 Aug. 2013
I bought it to go with the Bullet USB Travel Adaptor, black iPhone and black interior of the car. It's fine, does the job, looks good and is cheap.

Bullet USB Compact Travel Adapter In Car Charger For Apple iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3, 3S - Black
Offered by KuLaLaUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat, compact and almost stylish, 6 Aug. 2013
I wanted a black charging point (to go with the black car interior, black lead and black iPhone) which didn't protrude too much (the cigarette lighter on the Seat Leon is close to the handbrake). I thought it looked ideal in the photo; aesthetically pleasing. In the flesh not quite so appealing or as well crafted as an Apple product but it's not bad, it's inexpensive and does the job well.

Hantek DSO5062B 60MHz Digital Oscilloscope 1GSa/S real time sampling
Hantek DSO5062B 60MHz Digital Oscilloscope 1GSa/S real time sampling
Offered by wystech

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant scope, 19 Sept. 2012
I produce electronic music modules and use a scope all the time (in fact my intro to electronics in the 70s was in repairing and calibrating Tektronix and HP scopes for 7 years so I like to think I know something about them). My Tek TDS 1002 started playing up and it was causing me issues with my small production line and really don't have time to try and fix it (I think it's an ASIC fault) - it cost £350 second hand from eBay. I needed a replacement in a hurry and did a bit of research and the Hantek DSO5062B came to my attention, large colour screen, 60MHz BW, up to 1M memory depth etc. Basically it met all the specs of the Tek TDS 1002 and then some for around £320 and free delivery.

It turned up within 3 working days. The build quality looks great, every bit as good as the Tek scope. The screen is fantastic, large clear, logically laid out and just generally very nice to use. All the controls feel right. You can make the menu column dissapear for really wide traces. Oh and a 3 year Hantek warranty is really worth having - a testament to the confidence they have in the quality.

It has no obvious far east foibles like dodgy fonts or spelling mistakes. The only very minor point is the timebase operates in 2, 4, 8 steps instead of the 1, 2, 5 steps I'm used to but what the heck.

Overall a really nice little scope, well spec'd, well built, cheap as chips. I have not got round to playing with the software and USB functions yet but expect to be satisfied and for now it's doing a fine job

Tony
Synovatron Ltd

"C" Is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference Here) E.P.
"C" Is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference Here) E.P.

5.0 out of 5 stars "C" is for Cool, 10 July 2012
As a Tool and A Perfect Circle fan (read addict) I love what MJK does, almost without question, but I still have reservations about Puscifer's "V" is for ... album. However Conditions of My Parole album and "C" is for.... EP are both very very good and I cannot stop playing either. This EP is not Tool or APC but there are elements (mainly the vehemence and cutting clever lyrics) and some of the tracks would not be out of place on an APC album (IMHO).

The two live tracks (both from "V" is for ...), Momma sed and Vagina mine, are so different to the first album's versions - both amazing; MJKs vocals are sooo good. The other tracks are great and I even liked the Milla Jovovitch track.

As I said it is not Tool or APC, but it certainly isn't like Puscifer's first offering, so be prepared to enjoy the virtuosity of MJK's vocals that you are more familiar with. Buy this and Conditions of My Parole and keep on waiting (and waiting and waiting) for Tool's next album.