Profile for Hummingbird79 > Reviews

Croeso I'n Cragen
Croeso I'n Cragen
by Julia Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars quick delivery, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Croeso I'n Cragen (Paperback)
The book arrived quickly and was just what we wanted as my son has been reading this in school. The only problem was the book was bent when it arrived but I'm guessing this was royal mail.

Adventures on Button Moon [DVD][1980]
Adventures on Button Moon [DVD][1980]
Dvd ~ Robin Parkinson
Price: 3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't get old, 27 Aug 2012
I bought this DVD for my 3 year old son and he adores it. It contains 10 episodes of Button Moon. All very family friendly and perfect for a toddler. Surprisingly it doesn't feel dated. Each episode starts with Mr Spoon and his family and their adventures flying to Button Moon. When they reach Button Moon they meet mostly regular characters. They usually look through Mr Spoon's telescope and catch up with lives of different people, these are short stories in their own right.
We've watched this over and over and thankfully it hasn't become tiring yet.

Charlie and Lola: I Am Too Absolutely Small For School
Charlie and Lola: I Am Too Absolutely Small For School
by Lauren Child
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Not So Small But Very Funny, 4 July 2012
This is another well written Lauren Child book, it is very easy to read. My 3 year old son loves to have Charlie and Lola at bedtime. He likes the pictures and story. I always find them amusing to read, doesn't get boring after multiple reads.
The price was really reasonable.
The story is about an older brother, Charlie, reassuring his little sister, Lola, about the prospect of starting school. My son starts school soon and he likes hearing about another child going as well as he thinks he's the only one going.
I would recommend this book

Charlie and Lola: I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed
Charlie and Lola: I Am Not Sleepy and I Will Not Go to Bed
by Lauren Child
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Read, 4 July 2012
As with all Lauren Child books this is well written and easy to read. My 3 year old son loves to have Charlie and Lola at bedtime. He likes the pictures and story. I find them amusing to read which is always good when it's requested over and over.
The price was really reasonable.
The story is about an older brother, Charlie, helping his little sister, Lola, get ready for bed even though she doesn't want to go. My son loves the silly things that Lola makes up to stop herself getting ready.
I would recommend this book.

I Love My Daddy
I Love My Daddy
by Giles Andreae
Price: 2.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: I Love My Daddy (Paperback)
My 2 year old son and I love this book. It's so sweet and endearing as well as being fun. My son loves the fact that he does lots of the things mentioned with his daddy. It reads really easily and is a joy. Most nights my son wants this book along with "I love my mummy" and tries to put actions to them. Thoroughly recommended

The Gruffalo
The Gruffalo
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Board book
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What's a Gruffalo?, 20 April 2011
This review is from: The Gruffalo (Board book)
The Gruffalo is a wonderful story for children and too be honest both my husband and I enjoy it as well.

Typical for Julia Donaldson and many other books aimed at young children the story is written in rhyme. It's so easy to read and remember and I think it'll be a favourite for a long while to come.

The story is about a clever mouse who uses quick thinking to trick his predators from eating him. What he doesn't realise is his "quick thinking" is actually real so he has to work a way out of another sticky situation.

My 20 month old son loves listening to mummy & daddy be the characters and loves pointing to all the pictures, he always asks for this.

Tweenies - Song Time: The Complete Collection [DVD]
Tweenies - Song Time: The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tweenies
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 20 April 2011
This is exceptional value for what you get. The 2 DVDs contains all the songs (72)from the Tweenies, both the ones at the beginning of the show (usually well known nursery songs) and a few songs created for the show.

My son loves to watch this and dance along. All the songs have the characters dancing the actions. You can either watch the songs back to back or selct the ones you want to watch individually.

Perfect for a Tweenies fan or a child who loves to dance to well known songs.

Goldbug Baby Harness Reins Chimp
Goldbug Baby Harness Reins Chimp
Offered by everyCasa Europe
Price: 18.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 April 2011
This is a great harness.
My son is a large 20 month old and I have struggled to find other reins that fit him with a bulky coat on. This is ideal and still has plenty of growing room.

I wouldn't recommend this for children who are still unsteady on their feet but for children who you're not worried will fall over this is perfect.

The tail is long enough to push a pushchair and still give my son room to walk alongside without realising he's being "led". He loves putting on his monkey bag.

Talking of bags, whilst this has a pocket it's not vey big, it may be big enough for a snack but nothing else. I wouldn't buy it for the bag feature. Having said this I love it and highly recommend it.