Profile for Mrs. Sarah Drury > Reviews

The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living
The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living
by The Dalai Lama

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly enlightening read, 5 Jun 2013
By reconciling Buddhist ideology with western psychology, this book manages to both stimulate and enlighten your mind at the same time. Originally bought as a present for my daughter to help her with her A level psychology course, I have just ordered a copy for myself. Definitely a handbook for life and something that can be dipped into whenever you feel the need.

Low-GI Cookbook: Over 80 delicious recipes to help you lose weight and gain health (Hamlyn Food & Drink S.)
by Louise Blair

5.0 out of 5 stars Best healthy eating book possibly ever, 5 Jun 2013
This book has literally changed my life. I have finally found a way to eat healthily and enjoyably at the same time, all thanks to the recipes in this book. There is a good variety of recipes to choose from and none of them have failed me yet, they are very easy to follow using ingredients that are easy to get hold of. After loosing 10lbs since following the low GI diet, I no longer feel as if I am on a diet and look forward to trying out all the recipes in this book. I would not hesitate in recommending this book to anyone who not only wants to loose weight but improve they're overall health.

Just Like Mother Used to Make
Just Like Mother Used to Make
by Tom Norrington-Davies

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing book, 7 Jun 2010
The look, design and recipes of this book look fantastic. It instantly appealed to me, as I am a keen cook. However, appearances can be deceptive and the proof is in the pudding (as they say)and I can honestly say that every recipe I've tried hasn't turned out right. I'm not over fussy and am an experienced and confident cook, but I suspect there's something not right with the ingredients ratio on some recipes; the Chocolate biscuit cake for example was practically inedible. I'm surprised it's managed to attract good reviews as I found it to be possibly one of the worst books ever, sorry!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2012 1:37 PM BST

Europe: A History
Europe: A History
by Norman Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent History book, 29 April 2009
This review is from: Europe: A History (Paperback)
This is one of the best history books I have ever read!
Do not be put off by it's size and length as it is written in an engaging style and manages to keep the reader interested in this extremely large subject area. As a student, I have used is frequently, and although not read it in it's entirety, it should definitely be on any history students must-have list. The short mini-histories that appear throughout the book of certain historical figures and events are fascinating and contribute to ensuring Europes: A History's place as a modern academic classic.

The Study Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Guides)
The Study Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Guides)
by Stella Cottrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful book!, 29 April 2009
I bought this book after recommendation from a university website. It has proved to be invaluable in not only preparing me for university, but also as a reference guide when I felt I was struggling with current projects. As a returning mature student, I would highly recommend this to others as not only did it give me confidence before embarking on my degree but is a useful tool for all aspects of study.
I'm sure this book will be around for a while!