Profile for Jean Boisvert > Reviews

Content by Jean Boisvert

Jean Boisvert "JB" (Dubai, UAE)

Page: 1 | 2
Black Case Logic QHDC-101 Hard Drive Case
Black Case Logic QHDC-101 Hard Drive Case
Offered by cadabra

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compact and protective semi-hard shell. Perfect for travelers with backup drives., 4 May 2016
This external hard drive case is very compact and perfect for traveling as it fit a Maxtor M3 4TB hard drive. It has a protective semi-hard shell. I just love it and recommend it strongly.

Maxtor M3 4 TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Maxtor M3 4 TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight and high capacity backup drive, 4 May 2016
In our day and age of 42MP cameras and thousands of picture taken during each trip, backup space is quintessential. 4TB space has now become essential and the Maxtor M3 4TB slimline is perfect to hold my entire photo digital collection since 2005. It is quite light and fits perfectly in any portable slim Case Logic case. I bought two in order to constantly have 2 backups at any time while traveling. One in my photo bag (with me) and one in me laptop bag at the hotel.

The transfer rate is reasonable. I use my Dell XPS 15 i7 (9550) USB-C connection and what I have observed is about 130MB per second transfer rate. On a daily basis, it is quite fast. If I take 200-300 pictures, the transfer takes just a few minutes which is quite an improvement as compared to my older external hard drives. I strongly recommend it as a backup drive.

Just CSC Lens Pouch Large [JU1043]
Just CSC Lens Pouch Large [JU1043]
Offered by Crooked Imaging

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pouch but should longer in height., 3 April 2016
These lens pouches have excellent material and very soft. The reason I am giving a 4 / 5 is because they are a little short for the size. It should be 1.5-2 centimeter longer. I was able to fit a Batis 85mm 1.8 and a Sony-Zeiss 16-35mm 4.0 so no problem but it the pouch was a little longer I would give them a 5 / 5

Anker USB 3.0 7-Port Portable Aluminum Hub with 5V 4A Power Adapter and 3.3-Foot USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient, very light and takes up little space, 9 Jan. 2015
I don't know why I have waited so long before purchasing this extremely convenient 7-port USB 3.0 hub. It works as expected and takes up little space. I recommend it without hesitation. I also bought the portable very light 4-port 3.0 hub to bring along while traveling.

London Street Map
London Street Map
by Bensons MapGuides
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars THis foldable London map is complementary to the The Handy ..., 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: London Street Map (Map)
THis foldable London map is complementary to the The Handy London Map and Guide. When I'm in London, the two are with me all the time!!!!

The Handy London Map and Guide
The Handy London Map and Guide
by Bensons MapGuides

5.0 out of 5 stars convenient VERY EASY TO READ map "booklet" is with me every time ..., 24 Sept. 2014
This portable, light, convenient VERY EASY TO READ map "booklet" is with me every time I go to London. This one is the new version. I cannot go without (it says it all).

I Never Learn [Amazon Exclusive Signed Version]
I Never Learn [Amazon Exclusive Signed Version]

5.0 out of 5 stars Lykke Li is one of the best underground artist right now, 23 Jun. 2014
I have been extremely satisfied by Lykke Li's latest record and I like the fact she signed this one !!!! She's on a world tour and get rave reviews right now everywhere she goes. A Facebook page is also pretty cool :-)

Kensington K33374USA Wireless 2.4 GHz USB Presenter and Red Laser Pointer, Compatible with PowerPoint and KeyNote - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for teaching, 10 Jan. 2014
I LOVE this Kensington laser pointer for teaching. The only problem is that if you loose the Wireless toggle, you need to buy an entire new set. I had to do that twice in the past including this time where I bought two (one as a backup, in case).

Coldplay Live 2012 [DVD+CD--DVD Case]
Coldplay Live 2012 [DVD+CD--DVD Case]
Dvd ~ Coldplay

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic live performance !!!, 1 Jan. 2013
This is one of the best live performance evr. First, I was there on Sept 2 at the Stade de France but also the fact that they put together an exceelent video of it. Also, at 10min54 you can see me walking htrough the crowd !!!! I strongly recommend the DVD; it is now a classic.

Noene 4mm Shock Absorbing Insoles 40
Noene 4mm Shock Absorbing Insoles 40

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shock aborbsion on the market, 16 Dec. 2011
This must be the 8th pair of 2mm or 4mmm Neone I buy. I have put them under the regular insoles of all my Ecco gore-tex shoes that are too "roomy" for my feet. With the Neone shock absorbtion capability, I have found myself walking miles and miles without my feet hurting. And I am a city walker (London, New York etc...) where you mostly walk on sidewalks. I cannot recommend them enough.

Page: 1 | 2