Profile for Stefano Holguin > Reviews

Content by Stefano Holguin

Stefano Holguin "Leyendo desde" (Norway)

The Beating of his Wings (Left Hand of God Trilogy 3)
The Beating of his Wings (Left Hand of God Trilogy 3)
by Paul Hoffman

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining enough but not well written book, 26 Dec 2013
The first book of this serie was great. The second book was not so good as the first one. This third volume was probably the weakest of all three.

I expected a. Better description of the battles, or the main events. Instead I was left wanting over and over again. Too bad, since the plot is interesting enough

The Gargoyle
The Gargoyle
by Andrew Davidson

4.0 out of 5 stars Cannot guess from the start how romantic this book is, 10 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Gargoyle (Paperback)
It could have been where I read it or when I read it, but it was a pleasure reading this book.

The stories are so beautifully told and the characters so alive that you want to resist but you start believing ;-)

Buy it and enjoy it. It is worth it.

A Good Year
A Good Year
by Peter Mayle

4.0 out of 5 stars Dream yourself into Provence, 22 May 2005
This review is from: A Good Year (Paperback)
A book that will put you in a good mood. Well written and very entertaining. Gives you a feeling of vacation and peace that makes you want to continue on reading and disappear in his world close to Avignon.

How to be Good
How to be Good
by Nick Hornby

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing book from author of About the Boy, 22 May 2005
This review is from: How to be Good (Paperback)
I bought this book because I loved About the Boy and High Fidelity, but I had to struggle to finish it. I would not recommend it. After that book I have been very sceptical about reading a new book from Mr. Horby, but based on the other book's qualities I have to forgive him for this book and try the new ones in hope he has regained his charm and insight in people's feelings and interactions.