Profile for SRC > Reviews

Wait!
Wait!
by Emelia Mosima

5.0 out of 5 stars God Has a Plan, 5 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Wait! (Paperback)
Do you believe God has a plan for your life? In Wait by Emelia Mosima, it was as if she had written this book to my heart. I could not wait for the next page.

When we look at our life and see "everything around you echoes failure, defeat, and misery," how then do I as a child of God climb out of this hole called my life?
Throughout this wonderful book, the author weaves powerful scripture and gives mighty words of encouragement. E. Mosima boldly states, "It gives God pleasure to see His plans for our prosperity, good health, security, and any blessing we can think of."

I thank you Ms. Mosima for reminding me of the goodness of God and His great pleasure in blessing His children. This book is so rich in wisdom; it deserves a second read so as not to miss a nugget.

Treasures of Darkness: A Prison Journey
Treasures of Darkness: A Prison Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to Imagine, 10 Nov. 2012
Author Trish Jenkins writes from her heart with immense vulnerability. As she writes of her imprisonment with all the emotions of the trial, leaving the family and going to an unknown frightening place, she took me with her. She describes with details that gave the reader a sense of having a personal conversation with her about this section of her life that came with great surprise. We all can relate to having an experience that was unexpected and unfair. I was jolted by Jenkins description that "there were times of sublime joy each time I had a victory over the evil that pervaded."

Trish Jenkins clearly knew that God had allowed this and in her own words, she was not going to waste it. This reminds me of Joseph from the Bible. She drew on spiritual strength with great conviction.
As a reader, I was spellbound and gob smacked as I turned each page with anticipation. As the author suggested, we all have our prisons, some not made of brick and mortar. It's clearly about how we take these circumstances, knowing ahead of time that through God we are victorious; and allowing God to use us.

I highly recommend this book as we all have at one time been incarcerated. It is what we learn going through them.

Samantha Ryan Chandler

Healthy Relationships: 10 Keys to Happy & Loving Relationships
Healthy Relationships: 10 Keys to Happy & Loving Relationships

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, 5 Jun. 2012
Author Krystal Kuehn succinctly states "What is life without love. Love gives life meaning and purpose." We recognize love through the actions it stimulates

This powerful, easily comprehended book has 10 chapters with each devoted to attributes of love and with each chapter; 10 keys to have happy and loving relationships. As the author clearly and epigrammatically states, the reader will discover how genuine love can change you and your relationships forever.
Kuehn describes in details the different varieties of love using clear examples such as the example of love for a friend differs from love of family. The author points out that saying we love someone can be quite dissimilar from expressing this love in actions. Love calls for actions and demands evidence. Giving is the hallmark of kindness which is reflected in giving of oneself to benefit someone else. Without kindness people would be more concerned with what they can get rather than what they can give.

I highly recommend this book as it states the differences in true love and an imitation of love and should be read by all who want to love deeper and be loved in exchange.

Samantha Ryan Chandler, author
A Love Story...How God Pursued Me and Found Me..an Impossibly True Story

Crushing the Devil: Your Guide to Spiritual Warfare and Victory In Christ
Crushing the Devil: Your Guide to Spiritual Warfare and Victory In Christ
by Pedro Okoro

5.0 out of 5 stars "Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God", 2 May 2012
The title of my review resonates with my heart as this was clearly stated in Crushing the Devil. I am a Christian author. After reading this amazing book, I want more....more of God and more knowledge of God's ways. This tightly wound book, overflowing with scriptures gives an understanding in concise ways on how earth operates.

I have read a plethora of books on spiritual warfare. Having said this, I absorbed another perception of how to fight Satan from reading Crushing the Devil. I recommend reading it more than once, taking notes; as it moves with great wisdom and tools in how to defeat the enemy. If you are a child of God you will have an encounter with Satan. He comes to destroy the testimony of God's children and make us doubt the goodness of God. But if God is for you, then it is impossible to fail.

The tactics and strategy used by the Devil are explained in great detail. My regret is that I am limited to giving only 5 stars to this great read!

Samantha Ryan Chandler