Profile for M. Beaird > Reviews

Content by M. Beaird

M. Beaird "ebichu64" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Inbread Evil [Explicit]
Inbread Evil [Explicit]
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but trying a bit too hard, 29 July 2014
I heard this song in the end titles of an episode of "Orange is the New Black" and quite liked the sound of it. After hearing the whole song and reading the lyrics on-line I'll have to pick and choose when I listen to it as being in the wrong mood will probably spoil my whole day. The story of a monstrous creature born of incest that that lives in the woods and murders people.
Nice.
I'm not going to judge or ask why. Whatever the thought behind writing it was I'm unlikely to buy it. I mean, believe it. I've already bought the song! ;-)

But, every cloud has a silver lining. The misprint in the title, which I'm not going to report to Amazon because it made me giggle, although I do despair regularly at the general illiteracy of the human race.

Inbred:
existing as a basic part of a person's nature or character
born from or produced by animals, plants, or people that are closely related : produced by inbreeding

Inbread - inside a loaf of bread? (snigger)

Gew Gaw Knitted Black Soft Spike Beanie
Gew Gaw Knitted Black Soft Spike Beanie
Offered by Accessoryo
Price: 20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hedgehog hat, 29 Jun 2014
I have a small head - at least that's my crash helmet size - and 'd really prefer this hat to be a bit larger. It should slouch more, I have to pull it about quite a bit before |I'm happy with it and I have use hair grips to pin it on. All the same I like t and I WILL make it fit me.

Sandisk Sansa Clip+ Plus 4GB MP3 Player, microSD/SDHC Slot, FM Radio, Voice Recorder, BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy so far, 29 Jun 2014
I bought this to replace my Creative Zen Nano Plus, which I realised I'd been using for 10 years before it started to pack up (it still works, but I can't delete or add tracks without it crashing my PC!)

The sound quality is as good as the Creative - I've had players in the past with annoying background hiss which is "normal" - the memory is 4 times the size and once I get the memory card I can probably load all the music I'll ever want (famous last words!)

I've not "road tested" it properly yet but it was fine with me dancing around the house like a mad thing, so I can't see how walking and running with it will a problem.

USB Optical 800dpi Mini Scroll Mouse with Retractable Cable Silver
USB Optical 800dpi Mini Scroll Mouse with Retractable Cable Silver
Offered by kenable_ltd
Price: 6.74

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not worth it., 3 April 2014
My PC mouse feels huge by comparison, but it's light, fits into my laptop case and does what it's supposed to.

Oh dear - the day after posting this review (4 April) it's started to fail and I'm back to using my touch pad. RTI here I come! :-( I think the cable got twisted inside the winder and broke the wire inside, so be very careful when you close it up.
Debating whether of not to get another as it was relatively cheap and now I know what to avoid perhaps the next one might last longer...

I tried to be more careful with the 2nd one. I pulled the cable to its full length, got the twists out and wound it up again. When I plugged it in the mouse ended up upside down, so there was always going to be one twist in the cable while I was using it. Even so it gave up in mid May, about 6 weeks after purchase, so I'm trying a different one. It arrived today. I'll let you know how I get on!

Everything Is Awesome!!! (Instrumental Sing-A-Long)
Everything Is Awesome!!! (Instrumental Sing-A-Long)
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is Awesome!, 3 April 2014
Everything is Awesome! Oh yes indeed it is, but just watch out for the key change at the second chorus.

Hee Grand Women Digital Print Leggings Tights Pants Tetris
Hee Grand Women Digital Print Leggings Tights Pants Tetris
Offered by Hee Grand (8-20 days delivery time)
Price: 5.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't trust the quoted sizes, 3 April 2014
The description for the leggings states:

Leggins size:one size
Length:95cm=37.40 inch
Waist:60-104cm=23.62-40.94 inch
Hips:78-116cm=30.71-45.67 inch

I was hopeful when it said the waist went up to 104cm. My waist is 100cm (yes, i know I'm a fatty but I like long tops and I have great legs!) and so I thought, even with the 2cm variation often quoted on leggings, there would still be a good chance of them fitting me and I expected to get size XL.
Not a chance. When they arrived they were Medium. I'm not paying to send them all the way back to China. I'll sell them on eBay instead.

Update. The sellers have offered me a partial refund which I've accepted. I've also asked them to add "Size Medium" to the description so that other UK shoppers aren't caught out - although this review might do the job instead!

Living By Numbers (Album Version)
Living By Numbers (Album Version)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best 80s tracks ever., 6 Mar 2014
Onr of my favourite songs from thr year I left school and even truer today thsn it was then. I have this on 7" vinyl but I thought whst thr hey, it's essier to buy it on download thsn hook up the deck to the ghetto blaster to the PC, record it as a .wav and clean it upusing Soundforge, and convert it to mp3 using Lame.
Although I would hsve gone to the trouble had it not been here. I like it thst much.

Port Design 10/12 inch Chicago Eco Skin
Port Design 10/12 inch Chicago Eco Skin
Offered by Backyard Boutique
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the boxes., 22 Feb 2014
After buying one laptop sleeve and getting the size wrong I was very careful this time. I have a Toshiba Portege R600 and it fits perfectly.

The case is sturdy, water-resistant and made from recycled plastic bottles, and very cheap, so it ticks all the boxes for me.

The pocket is the back is big enough for my mini mouse and a few datasticks. I would have trouble fitting the power cable in but I plan to carry this inside a larger bag anyway. (The lining is green rather than yellow, which I actually prefer, but just be aware there might be variations in the product you get from this seller.)

Overall I'm delighted with it.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time: Vintage Children's Classics
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time: Vintage Children's Classics
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this, 21 Jan 2014
I love this book. I am trying to get a diagnosis for an ASD and I soooo get where Christopher is coming from. His world makes perfect sense, ar least it does to me.

There is only one question I wish I could ask Mark Haddon. I don't think it will make any sense unless you already know the story, and so it's not really a spoiler, why did Christopher's father buy him a YELLOW dog at the end of the story? I mean, was it a mistake or a deliberate mistake to show how rubbish people can be?

As I said, I would ask Mark Haddon, but he can only be contacted quickly on Twitter. I don't like Twitter (like YELLOW Mark - lol!) and so I won't use it. So it shall probably keep me wondering for the rest of my life. ^_-

I Am a Bunny (A Golden Sturdy Book)
I Am a Bunny (A Golden Sturdy Book)
Price: 1.84

3.0 out of 5 stars There'a a page missing from the Kindle edition!! :O, 9 Nov 2013
I can't rate this book highly enough either - it was my first book and still I know it off by heart nearly 50 years later. So I bought the kindle more as a curiosity than anything else because I still have my own original hard copy - very tatty and with my name written in a mixture of capitals and lower case (when I was 2 I could write my own name as long as I asked my mum how to spell it!)

It should read:

(Page 1.)
I am a bunny
My name is Nicholas
I live in a hollow tree

(2.)
In the spring, I like to pick flowers

(3.)
I lie in the grass
and watch the insects
buzzing by

(4.)
I chase the butterflies
and the butterflies chase me.

In the kindle edition the pages run 1, 2, 4. I checked the rest of the book and they aren't out of order, page 3 simply isn't there.

Obviously when they scanned it in the pages were stuck together. Do yourself a favour and by the hard copy second hand. In the meantime I'll contact Amazon and tell them to sort themselves out! Sheesh! 9_9

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4