Profile for orange peas > Reviews

orange peas

Page: 1 | 2
120 Multi Action Battery Powered Sparkler Lights (White) + FREE Batteries
120 Multi Action Battery Powered Sparkler Lights (White) + FREE Batteries

3.0 out of 5 stars they work and look nice, just a shame that we needed to then ..., 3 Dec. 2014
Were not battery operated as stated.
Still, they work and look nice, just a shame that we needed to then purchase an extension lead and weatherbox in order to use these outside.
No free batteries either.

Air-Born
Air-Born

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic fantasy novel, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Air-Born (Kindle Edition)
I've been a huge fan of fantasy novels for as long as I can remember, and Laura Power's first novel, Air-Born, is expressive and beautifully descriptive. Fairies, goblins, centaurs and gargoyles, there are so many different kinds of creature that are in this novel and it is a delight to get to know these interesting characters. The novel is filled with adventure, and I particularly loved the hints at the history of this Realm. My only (exceptionally minor!) quibble is that I would have liked there to be a map included of the world. Maps are always an interesting part of a fantasy novel, enabling the reader to connect different towns and areas in relation to each other.
All in all a great read, and I can't wait for book number two!

Secret Pyramid
Secret Pyramid

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting Egyptian adventure!, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Secret Pyramid (Kindle Edition)
Sasha Fine is used to spending a lot of time in museums; both of her parents work in museums and history is a big part of her life. When a man is shot in front of the British Museum, Sasha and her mother find he was holding an ancient Egyptian relic, his dying words a cryptic puzzle about a tomb and a pyramid.
Along with Sasha's friend Johnny and his father Lord Marlborough, they embark on an adventure straight to Egypt.

Visits to the Great Pyramids of Giza, Cairo and of course the Valley of the Kings mean that there are plenty of historical sites to explore, and more than enough interesting characters to meet, some rather more sinister than others! Can Sasha and Johnny find the hidden tomb of ancient Pharoah Sethmosis? Or will they be turned into mummies before the night is out?!

Victoria Connelly is known for writing "chick lits" and romances. This time she has branched out and has written her first children's novel. It is perfect for young teens, particularly girls though I'm sure boys could find some enjoyment out of it too. It is an easy read but is in no way predictable. I was on the edge of my seat reading it as it was so exciting, and I found myself saying "Oh I'll just read one more chapter... Just one more!" until I had completely devoured the entire novel! I hope that we see more adventures of Sasha and Johnny in the future!

Please note that the author provided me with an e-book format of this novel for me to read and review.

Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Offered by royalsellers

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit messy but good results!, 27 May 2013
I received a free trial of this from Veet. I had never waxed before so I was really reluctant, terrified of the pain and really unsure of what results to expect.
It took me a great deal of time to work up the courage to actually use the product (yes I am a wimp!) but I finally plugged in the device to charge. I left it 25 minutes and then it still took me about 5 extra minutes before I actually applied the wax to my leg. So after a good 30 minutes of heating up (it says it should take 20 minutes but I suspect it actually needed more) it glided onto my leg easily. I immediately applied a wax strip and then gave a good pull. What a surprised! It didn't hurt much at all! Only as bad as pulling off a plaster. I was expecting a stinging burn, a pain that would be long-lasting. However it was absolutely fine. I was very pleasantly surprised! It took me a few times to really get the hang of it, but this could be because I've never waxed before. I was left with really smooth skin, brilliant! And it has lasted for at least a week so far - a huge improvement on my having to shave every other day!

The only downsides I found were that it was a bit messy. Sometimes a bit of the wax was left on my leg and it wasn't particularly easy to remove. I also got some of the wax on my fingers and subsequently on the device itself. But I do put all this down to my inexpertise and inexperience. I think I will definitely improve my skills as I continue to use it! The finishing wipes are very greasy but left my legs feeling soft and silky.
I don't think I'll ever work up the courage to wax my underarms or bikini line, but we'll see! I'm now converted to waxing my legs, I won't bother with shaving again now!

Dream Catcher Red 9cm
Dream Catcher Red 9cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Dream Catcher Red 9cm
I had already bought one of these because they look beautiful and this was particularly inexpensive.
I bought this one again because my young nephew has been having nightmares. We told him that this is really special and will make the bad dreams go away. He loved it, and so far no more nightmares!

Days of Love and Blood
Days of Love and Blood

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 5 Feb. 2013
A "Demon Virus" has hit the world, it has killed millions and those infected who didn't die have turned into homicidal killers. For the uninfected this is a dangerous world, no electricity, no phones, and no way of knowing when the Homicidals will come for you.
Carson is determined to protect her son Ronan. She has already lost her husband Ritchie and is not prepared to suffer any longer. Armed with swords, she makes her way back to her childhood home, where she finds a small community of other survivors. Amongst the survivors are Cooper, a gruff character who barely speaks to anyone except to argue, and enthusiastic, polite Ben. And both take a keen interest in Carson. But which is the right choice? And with the Homicidals out to kill everyone, is it even the right time for relationships?

This is a fantastic novel, I read it in two sittings (would have been one but real life gets in the way!) Each chapter begins with a flashback to Carson's life before the apocalypse, so we slowly discover more and more about what kind of person she is. The characters are believable and interesting, and I found myself developing a real soft spot for Cooper, despite his harsh demeanour. As a female fan of post-apocalypse stories, I think this was a great book and I look forward to reading more from RS Carter!

Christmas with Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts Book 4)
Christmas with Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Like being reunited with old friends, 7 Dec. 2012
I am a huge fan of Victoria Connelly's Austen Addicts trilogy, so when I heard that she was returning to all those much-loved (by me at least!) characters for a Christmas novella I was thrilled. And I certainly wasn't disappointed! I feel like I know all of the characters inside out, it almost seems like they are old friends. Katherine, Robyn, Mia, Sarah, Kay, Doris... Even old busybody Mrs Soames, the bossy old lady who is never happy unless she's got something to complain about! I love the characters and they all share my passion for all things Austen. When they discuss different Austen adaptations and which actors they would like to see in different roles it was almost like Victoria Connelly had been eavesdropping on my own conversations!

And as for the male characters... Adam is lovely, Warwick is wonderful, and Dan. Oh Dan! I fell completely in love with Dan Harcourt in A Weekend With Mr Darcy so to see him return in this novella made me very happy indeed. If only he were real, I would love to have him under my tree this Christmas!

It was nice to return to Purley Hall, with the added bonus of a Christmas tree (and drunken angel!) Throw in a bit of a mystery and we have ourselves a fantastic little story perfect for a quick Christmas read! My only question to Victoria is... Will we see any more stories about these characters in the future? Pretty please?!

The Siren (The Original Sinners: The Red Years - Book 1) (Original sinner seires)

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry to say it but this was utter trash, 30 Nov. 2012
Firstly, I just want to say that I haven't been swept up in the whole "Fifty Shades" hype, I have zero interest in reading that series.
However, as this was on offer I thought I'd give it a go. And honestly, what a load of rubbish. I'm not a prude in any way, I couldn't care less what people are interested in in the bedroom (or in this case, seedy underground club) and the sexual content or subject matter didn't offend me or bother me in the slightest.

No, my problem with this book is that I didn't care about a single one of the characters, none of them had any redeeming qualities that made me care about any of them or want to hear more from them. The writing was unimaginative and the story weak. I kept thinking that it was going to get better, and forced myself to read the book in its entirity. I wish I had given up now because that is time I'm never going to get back!

I really don't like giving poor reviews, I don't like being so mean! But really I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, and I will definitely not be purchasing any more in the series.

It's Magic - Three Magical Romantic Comedies
It's Magic - Three Magical Romantic Comedies

5.0 out of 5 stars Three great books in one handy volume, 8 Nov. 2012
I have already reviewed each individual book on their own Amazon page, but I just wanted to comment on this volume.
In one handy volume you have three fantastic books by Victoria Connelly, all containing a magical element, be it angels, ghosts or magic masks.

Victoria Connelly is an excellent writer who really develops her characters so we the reader can truly engage with them. I highly recommend all of her novels to everyone, they are fun, easy to read and sometimes even heartbreaking.
Having all three of these novels in one means that it is cheaper than buying them individually so it is great value for money, but also you can easily read one straight after the other. Well done Victoria, more novels soon please!

Three Graces
Three Graces

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, fun and heartwarming, 5 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Three Graces (Kindle Edition)
Carys Miller meets a wonderful man, Richard. The trouble is, Richard isn't just any man - he's the Duke of Cuthland, Lord of Amberley Court. Carys finds herself quite quickly married to Richard and thrown in at the deep end as mistress of the stately home.
Also, Richard has two daughters, Cecily and Evie. Carys has no idea how she is expected to handle suddenly becoming a duchess AND stepmother all in one.

And to top it all off, did we mention that the house is haunted by the Blue Lady? Georgiana was duchess back in the eighteenth century and it seems she doesn't want to leave. But don't worry, Georgiana is more Casper the Friendly Ghost than the Woman in Black! With Georgiana's help, Carys learns how to cope with her work, her husband and her new life.

This is a lovely book with some fantastic descriptions of the stately home. I found myself reading it very quickly, not wanting to put it down at all. Victoria Connelly writes incredibly believable characters that you can really identify with, even if you're a skeptic and don't believe in ghosts! Georgiana is a great character, fun and mischevious.
It really made me want to go and visit as many old mansions as possible in hopes of finding my own Duke, complete with friendly ghost in the family!

Page: 1 | 2