Profile for Maz > Reviews

Content by Maz

Maz

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires (Easy Spanish Novels) (Spanish Edition)
Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires (Easy Spanish Novels) (Spanish Edition)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT! PLEASE WRITE SOME MORE!!, 8 Aug 2014
I loved this little book - cleverly written in Spanish for the beginner and a REAL change from the 'I HAVE A HOUSE' type of beginners books out there. There are a couple more in the series that I have down loaded and they are just as good.
KEEP THEM COMING, I say.

A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends Book 1)
A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends Book 1)
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars For young adults., 6 Aug 2014
It's a teen book which is quite well written. The characters are like The Xmen meets Twilight meets Hellboy without the 'punch ups'.
Good for young adults.

HYDROGEN PEROXIDE: Cures! Learn the Extraordinary Cures, Benefits, and Healing Properties this Magical Elixir has to Offer Using Hydrogen Peroxide to Cure ... Cures, Beauty, Grooming, and More)
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Intersesting little book - not sure I would be brave enough to to use self administer!!, 6 Aug 2014
Not sure what I think about this book to be honest!
I think it could be dangerous and risky for someone to self administer (in truth the author does stress this) in the way that is described only because you MUST dilute the right grade of hydrogen peroxide in order for it to be taken safely.
I must admit I wouldn't trust myself to get it right. However, the author does put forward a convincing argument for using it for health benefits.
Decide for yourself!!

Morocco Hand Beaten Moroccan Lantern - Large
Morocco Hand Beaten Moroccan Lantern - Large
Offered by Greedy Monkey Ltd
Price: 90.00

1.0 out of 5 stars HOW MUCH?????, 5 Aug 2014
Well I have 6 of these already and 4 ENORMOUS ones that we bought in Morocco but I need 2 more for the patio so trust me, when I say that IF these really are 900.00 pounds each (got to be a typo) I could afford to return to Morocco and pick up 2 more for myself.
The guy who makes these in Marrakesh won't ship but luckily we had our car with us at the time.
However, If you are looking for something different these are lovely. When lit they play the most amazing patterns up and around any wall you have them against.
Negatives are; they are made of very thin metal that rusts quickly if left outside. Look at the photo and see the 'orange' inside - that's rust. Therefore if you put them on a light coloured surface outside or decking the rust will stain it.
You have to varnish them often inside and out to prevent the above.
Advice: don't spend 900.00 x 2 for 2 lanterns - go to Marrakesh with an empty suitcase and bring 4/6 back!
They have sharp edges on the door and 'finials' and legs so careful when painting and of kids 'playing' with them.
I think the Supplier's name says it all. However, I'm sure the price is a mistake.

Emmett & Gentry (an Emmett Love Western Book 3)
Emmett & Gentry (an Emmett Love Western Book 3)
Price: 2.03

3.0 out of 5 stars TINY BIT DISAPPOINTED, 19 Jun 2014
Enjoyable but slow going and not as funny or humorous as his other books have been. Sadly for me I downloaded all of the books in the series so I am just hoping they are going to get better.

The Definitive Guide to Coconut Oil: Discovering the Secret to Natural Health & Beauty
Price: 1.85

3.0 out of 5 stars INFORMATIVE, 30 May 2014
My brother has been spouting on about the virtues of using coconut oil for ages and I have used it in cooking for a while but decided to do my own bit of research therefore bought this book. Well, if you believe what you read then coconut oil can indeed save mankind! BUT about a week later I received a friends 'request' on facebook asking me to 'virtually sign' a petition asking the government of some country somewhere to stop chopping down coconut trees to use for their oil and by products as it's ruining the environment!! What to do?
Man versus planet?

JET - Vengeance: (Volume 3)
JET - Vengeance: (Volume 3)
Price: 2.93

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER GRITTY THRILLER FROM RUSSELL BLAKE, 30 May 2014
This book was as fast paced as all Blake's others and I loved reading it.
If I am going to be picky I would say that since he introduced a very important emotional attachment into her life (I won't say who/what for the sake of any new readers to the series), sometimes the plot is slowed down and the dialogue a bit wooden.
I still love the books and can't wait to read the next.

How To Lose 10 Pounds In A Week - The Ultimate 7 Day Weight Loss Kick Start
How To Lose 10 Pounds In A Week - The Ultimate 7 Day Weight Loss Kick Start
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I WISH!!, 12 April 2014
I really don't know why I thought there maybe something different about this book. It's not Ms Allan's fault but mine. The secret to weight loss is simple - EAT LESS - EXERCISE MORE - STOP KIDDING YOURSELF 'IT'S YOUR BODY SHAPE/TYPE' AND NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRUNCHIE BAR YOU HAD AFTER LUNCH!
Simples!

Ghost Town (Soul Mate - Book Two)
Ghost Town (Soul Mate - Book Two)
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars SOMETHING DIFFERENT - LOVED THE WHOLE SERIES., 12 April 2014
Before downloading this trilogy I read loads of the reviews and still wasn't sure if I would enjoy them. But the books are quite different and they are written so well that all the characters are believable and as there is never a dull moment in the main character's life the plot is fast paced and keeps you wanting more.
I know many people say when reviewing trilogies etc., that the books would make a good film or TV series (me included) but these books REALLY would. Because these books are not 'scary' ghost stories but more about 'unfinished business' both good and bad, I could see young and old enjoying the books and any TV series made.
I hope that there will be more from Mr Crawford soon.

Reapers (Breakers, Book 4)
Reapers (Breakers, Book 4)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOULD MAKE A GOOD FILM OR TV SERIES, 5 Mar 2014
I was a little hesitant to download this series at first because 'END OF DAYS' lit' is something that is hard to do differently, mainly as the end of the world as we know it can only really be caused in 5'ish ways (natural disaster, aliens, deadly virus, supernatural/judgement thingy, meteoritehit/solar flare, which comes under the heading 'natural disaster anyway) though please do correct me if I am wrong.
Then of course it's the 'same old same old' about how the survivors will survive/get to family/find a safe place to live etc.
BUT having said all of that; I loved this series! I thought the characters were all credible and I was quite disappointed when I finished book 3 only to find out that book 4 doesn't continue their story.
There are some clever twists that keep you guessing and the author doesn't have any qualms about who gets the 'chop' which keeps the storyline pacey.
I am half way through book 4 and 6 years have passed since the world changing events took place so now the story line is more about how the survivors are coping trying to rebuild a new life for themselves and what they must do (good or bad) to protect what 'family' and possessions they have managed to accumulate on their various journeys back from hell.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7