Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

The Journals of Captain Carew: Rape, Raj and the Regiment
The Journals of Captain Carew: Rape, Raj and the Regiment
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly edited, hugely disappointing., 10 May 2014
I am surprised at the other reviews of this book. To me it was extremely badly written, and seemed to have lacked a decent edit. The pace varies from the initial frantic to turgid while shipbound. The time in Lahore is very confusing with no clear indication of the passage of time.
As an example, the disappearance of the two white girls was known in Natal for what must have been weeks after the event, but nothing further happened to them until the last day, which must have been months later. Also the final arrival of Chelmsford is not clearly explained but just a convenient way of getting heroes out of a mess.
Sadly totally unbelievable and not in the same league as the Flashman books.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2014 1:22 PM BST

Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Mug, Platinum
Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Mug, Platinum
Offered by home_essentials
Price: 12.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Coffee star for holidays, 31 Mar 2014
If you really like your real coffee from a cafetiere and you are going on holiday, this is worth considering. All you need is your ground coffee and a kettle. So simple, and it keeps your coffee hot

Rowing After the White Whale: A Crossing of the Indian Ocean by Hand
Rowing After the White Whale: A Crossing of the Indian Ocean by Hand
Price: 2.78

5.0 out of 5 stars humour, adventure and information, 15 Sep 2013
James Adair, fresh from his success as the editor and sports reporter for the influential Alderney Journal made unputdownable reading of his and his mate,s crossing of the Indian Ocean. A story to inspire. Keeping writing, James.

Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Price: 47.97

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 Sep 2013
Straight from the box use, so much storage, loads up data quickly enough, what further to say, does what I wanted it to

Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0 (PC)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12.0 (PC)
Offered by SHARPLY
Price: 37.49

4.0 out of 5 stars good but mucks up keyboard, 26 May 2013
I'm possibly not using it as much as I should, but when I do it works very well.I have found that as advised it works better if I speak at my normal speed. Punctuation is difficult but probably I need to read the manual - man thing.

One problem is that it overrides such often used keys as + so I have to use the alternates on the top row. This is an annoyance.

Besides that I am sure it is a good addition to productivity.

Panasonic H-fs045200e Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega O.I.S Lens
Panasonic H-fs045200e Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega O.I.S Lens
Offered by Madison Place
Price: 241.00

4.0 out of 5 stars remarkable value, 21 Feb 2013
So far very impressed, it has a good zoom range, is easy to use, and not too bulky.I was surprised at the price considering the alternatives.

The Walled Orchard
The Walled Orchard
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and amusing, 19 Jan 2013
I'm still reading it, but the book is in a very readable style, mildly amusing. It covers a fascinating period, the end of Athenian ascendancy in Greece, with the devastating defeat by Syracuse. Well worth reading.

101 best jokes
101 best jokes
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: 101 best jokes (Kindle Edition)
Rubbish, weak jokes, only good thing it was free. As I,m required to use a number of words, I repeat, rubbish

Samsung NC110 10.1 inch Laptop - Black (Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 320GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Starter)

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat but slow, 20 Dec 2012
I bought it to replace my NC10, which is a dream/ but was starting to show its age with a dying and wheezing fan, as well as attacks of the dreaded white screen.
The NC110 comes with Windows 7, supposedly superior to XP, which I have used at home and work. But it is one of the great failings of modern software, the near universal drive to improve perfection. With W7, I can't find anything I want, but the system seems to want to ,make me use things I don't want. I'll probably load Xp on to it.
Otherwise, as a netbook it is great. I was torn between a netbook and tablet, but as I still need excel and word, as well as storage and a good keyboard, the netbook won out. But I admit that I'm writing this on my Nexus 7, using a stylus.

2GB, 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600 memory module
2GB, 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600 memory module
Offered by FLEXX ram
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my netbook, 20 Dec 2012
I had bought a Samsung NC110 but found it dreadfully slow. Fitting the memory module was simple, and the netbook was immediately transformed.

Page: 1 | 2