Profile for A. Mosley > Reviews

Content by A. Mosley

A. Mosley

My Bump and Me: From Morning Sickness to Motherhood - An Honest Diary of My Pregnancy
by Myleene Klass

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit too much focus on 'celebrity' less on motherhood, 4 Mar. 2008
This book was very easy to read and if I was just reading it for the sake of it, it would have been a good book. However, as a first time mum to be, I was hoping for the 'honest insight into pregnancy and motherhood' which it promises in the review and I learnt nothing I didn't already know.

I found it very hard to relate to Myleen who, being a celebrity mum, had a completely different lifestyle to anything I can relate to. I was also hoping to get more of an insight into what her partner was feeling but he only contributes small bit so there was no real insight there.

If you want a private health service celebrity account of pregnancy then this is the book for you, if not, give it a miss or read it for what it is, an easy to read book but not one you will learn much from.

Gordon Ramsay's Playing with Fire
Gordon Ramsay's Playing with Fire
by Gordon Ramsay

2.0 out of 5 stars Was expecting a follow up to Humble Pie ..., 3 Jan. 2008
I really enjoyed reading Humble Pie, alright it was very easy to read but sometimes it's just nice to read a book you don't really have to think about.

The thing I liked most about Humble Pie was the way it took you through Gordon's life and all the ups and downs he'd faced along the way, all written in his unique style!

I was expecting Playing with Fire to be a follow on from this and have been disappointed. Instead it's basically a list of all the restaurants he's opened, in chronological order and the lessons learned in each one. It's trying to be more of a business self-help type book instead of an autobiography and just ends up to me as Gordon giving himself a very big pat on the back for being extremely successful and making loads of money. Which, to be honest, he's come from nothing so he deserves to be pleased with himself but it wasn't the book I was expecting which is a shame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2008 11:48 PM GMT