Profile for Sharon A. Irving > Reviews

Content by Sharon A. Irving

Sharon A. Irving

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
(Green) Nokia Lumia 530 Case Brand New Protective S line Rubber Wave Gel Cover Including Retractable Touch Screen Stylus Pen & LCD Touch Screen Protector Guard By Fone-Case
Offered by Fone-Case

Netgear Universal Dual Band Wireless Internet Adapter
Netgear Universal Dual Band Wireless Internet Adapter
Offered by Trusted-Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 23 Sep 2014
I am using this adapter with a PC, which I have moved away from the router to which the PC used to be wired. The adapter and the router are ~10m apart.
The adapter was easy to install i.e. it just needed connecting. It quickly found several wireless routers in the area. I entered the passcode for ours and the connection was made. I am getting ~8Mb/s using it, which is pretty much what I was getting wired.

Auraglow BC/B22 Remote Controlled Colour Changing Light Bulb
Auraglow BC/B22 Remote Controlled Colour Changing Light Bulb
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine great for novelty and atmosphere, 18 April 2013
Works fine great for novelty and atmosphere. Not designed as bright enough to read by etc. but enough light to watch TV and generally move around.

SUNNY SAVERS SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE N7000 GT-N7000 BLACK 'S' WAVE GEL / SILICONE / HYBRID CASE COVER SKIN WITH FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job fine, 18 April 2013
good value for money what more do you want me to say?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ? ??? ??

Dr. Martens Women's Core Pascal Blueberry Lace Up Boots 13512420 6 UK
Dr. Martens Women's Core Pascal Blueberry Lace Up Boots 13512420 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely soft leather, 18 April 2013
Always wanted some colourful DM's but put off by talk of having to break them in so much as I have 'fussy' sensitive feet. These seem to be made of a much softer supple leather than standard '1460' type boots and are lovely. I bought Blueberry which is exactly colour shown on screen, would have preferred a colour just a shade darker but they are close enough. I buy size 6 as feet are 5.5 size long but wide at the toes & size 6 here fits fine.

Barriers
Barriers

4.0 out of 5 stars just like the old days, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Barriers (MP3 Download)
just like the old days they make me write a certain number of words but I have nothing more to add stupid policy

Asus 1025C-GRY054S 10.1-inch LED Netbook (Intel Atom N2800 1.8 GHz Processor, 320GB HDD, 1GB DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, Bluetooth, Card Reader, Windows 7 Starter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable device, 23 Jan 2013
I use this as a second machine and something I can take on trips, fitting into a small backpack and for this it works perfectly. However, I needed to make a small change to get perfect performance - I added a 4GB class 6 SD card and used readyboost (a feature of windows 7).

I use this for web browsing, watching films and word processing (usually with several documents open and one with over 100,000 words), all of which work well. I do not use it for photo editing or other intensive applications. It lasts for 6 or 7 hours of use.

I seldom shut the machine down, instead sleeping it by closing the lid (this behaviour is configurable as is normal for win). I frequently use it as a quick look up device - waking it from sleep state and a few (less than 5) seconds later, I'm typing into ie's search. This is as fast as using my phone and I get full web pages returned. I've left the machine slept for several days without significant loss of battery charge.

Before using readyboost -

Web sites are slower to load than on my desktop (a quick machine) but most are fast enough not to be an issue. DVDs and iPlayer HD videos play well through the HDMI port and on its own screen but occasionally stagger.

At times it can slow down due to heavy disk activity (page faulting by system processes).

Other people have said that increasing the memory to 2GB or more will fix the slow performance. I have not done this so cannot comment. What I have done is use readyboost.

Now using readyboost -

Web page loading is generally as quick as any other machine I've used. The background system processes have little impact on performance. Google Earth (a real resource hog) works well with a few configuration tweaks. Videos are smooth.

So overall its a good little portable machine, ready to use in seconds (if you avoid shutting down). But I would definitely add the readyboost.

Pro-Tec Neoprene Case Cover Compatible with iPad 2/3, Samsung 10.1" Tab and Samsung Note 10.1" - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for money, 20 Jan 2013
Good size fits our Asus 10.1 Notebook with a little room to spare. Reasonable padding. Seems robust and well made. Cheapest we could find by quite a long way and very happy.

Maru Polyester Swim Cap Red
Maru Polyester Swim Cap Red
Offered by notonlybowls

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Maru Polyester Swim Hat (Misc.)
Item received quick and is exactly what expected and appears well enough made. Not waterproof but I didn't want a waterproof one as I find then difficult to get on / off and uncomfortable.

Holds my thick curly just above shoulder length hair in well.

SilverStone Pebble Digital 1.5" (4cm) Portable Keyring Photo Frame / Pocket Photo Album

2.0 out of 5 stars Flaky software ruins a great concept, 20 Jan 2013
Bought as a novelty Xmas pressie for mother. I loaded with family photos and it seemed easy ( the usability of the software is great) but when it came to adding more piccies post Xmas the thing would not speak with a number of computers we tried it on. The software wouldn't even open despite numerous attempts.

About to try and return it so had one 'final go' a few days later and it worked OK!

Internet search reveals this is common issue due to the nature of the software. Once in a blue moon it will connect OK, and then we rush to get a few more photos on but it's very frustrating and I certainly couldn't give it as a pressie for Mum / Dad to update themselves.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4