Profile for D. Bartlett > Reviews

Content by D. Bartlett

D. Bartlett (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
BELL Striplights 284mm 60w Opal (BELL 02200)
BELL Striplights 284mm 60w Opal (BELL 02200)
Offered by The Lightbulb Company

4.0 out of 5 stars You may need to refit the diffuser before the light will work., 2 Jun. 2016
I recently had to replace two bathroom lights. I bought one of these and a 7w Strip Lamp 284mm Energy Saving Light Bulb 2700k Light Bulb 8,000 Hours, both work OK.

When fitting one of them, I noticed a sticker on the light fitting "diffuser must be fitted for light to work", which was a relief because I was worried that the bulbs were defective because the other light fitting did not have a helpful sticker, and I had thought the bulbs were duff. Once both bulb and diffuser were fitted, the new bulbs worked.

7w Strip Lamp 284mm Energy Saving Light Bulb 2700k Light Bulb 8,000 Hours
7w Strip Lamp 284mm Energy Saving Light Bulb 2700k Light Bulb 8,000 Hours
Offered by The Lightbulb Company

4.0 out of 5 stars Put the diffuser back on before trying to switch on the light., 2 Jun. 2016
I recently had to replace two bathroom lights. I bought one of these and a BELL Striplights 284mm 60w Opal (BELL 02200), both work OK.

Just Crazy Enough
Just Crazy Enough

4.0 out of 5 stars Superplusgood!, 31 May 2016
This review is from: Just Crazy Enough (Audio CD)
Love this band. :-)

My current favourite on this CD is 'Let me do", but all the songs are good.

(I also like Stacey Kent's Raconte-moi...if you're in a music buying frenzy.)

Monument MONMP1600 MP1600 Toilet Plunger
Monument MONMP1600 MP1600 Toilet Plunger

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better options., 14 Jan. 2016
I bought this and a Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker to replace our old plunger.

This plunger failed to clear the first blockage we have had since buying them, but the Master Plunger did the job. I suggest you buy that one, not this one.

INFANTRY Military Black NATO Watch Band Nylon Fabric Strap G10 4 Rings Silver Hardware 20mm Divers Strong #WS-NATO-B-20M

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not., 29 Oct. 2015
I like the looks of this strap, but having now owned it for 6 months, I've noticed that two or three times recently its managed to come undone. The tang somehow has pulled out. It's not so bad that I need to replace it, but it is something to bear in mind if you're shopping for one.

I do tend to wear the strap a little loose, so perhaps that contributes, but I don't recall having this problem with other styles of watch strap in the past.

I definitely would not use this strap with a watch of any cash or sentimental value.

Thera-Band Flex Bar, Yellow
Thera-Band Flex Bar, Yellow
Offered by Mobility Choices

3.0 out of 5 stars Item is OK, exercise routine uncertain., 14 Oct. 2015
If you already have weight discs at home, then a wrist roller might be a better choice.

--------------------
When I first received this flex bar, I tried to complete the 3 sets of 15 repetitions that seem to be the recommended routine for these tools. I managed 2x15 with a 1 minute pause between sets, and couldn't face a third set.

Re-reading the NY Times piece that is so often mentioned with flex bars the key line for me was:

"Beginners should start with three sets of five repetitions, adding more as the repetitions get easier, Tyler says."

well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/25/phys-ed-an-easy-fix-for-tennis-elbow/

I've been following a daily routine with this for the past week, a few more reps each day, with a four minute rest between sets. I'm not sure if it's improving or aggravating my tennis elbow.

The original study suggests a 7 week course:

"Once the patients could perform 3 sets of 15, they progressed to the next color FlexBar®, indicating a higher intensity of eccentric resistance. The treatment continued until the patient had a resolution of symptoms, which occurred at an average of 7 weeks of treatment with 10 clinic visits."

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2971639/
------------

Frequently asked questions on the Thera-band website.

www.thera-bandacademy.com/faq-category.aspx?id=43&faqID=3826
----------
The NHS website does not mention this as a certain cure.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Tennis-elbow/Pages/Treatment.aspx
-------

One thing I have found helpful is a wheat bag. You put them in the microwave for 1 minute, and then have a hot pack to soothe your aches and pains. I have [[ASIN:B00IHY5EXY The Muscle Doctor]] one.

THE BODY DOCTOR The Muscle Doctor
THE BODY DOCTOR The Muscle Doctor
Offered by Pharmacy Place

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have, 11 Oct. 2015
I bought this only intending to use the wheat bag (hot pack) bit, but having the cold gel option available, I've experimented with that too.

---

The manufacturer's website is: www.the-body-doctor.com/

Velo Attune Anatomic Triple Density Lock on Bicycle Grips Black/Grey
Velo Attune Anatomic Triple Density Lock on Bicycle Grips Black/Grey
Offered by bikes4life limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend, 5 Oct. 2015
Disappointing. Not much cushioning.

While the packaging is marked Velo Attune, the grips don't look quite like the picture that's currently associated with this item.

Link below to distributor's catalogue PDF. The grips I received look like Velo: 410461 on p.21 of the PDF.

www.messingschlager.com/img/content/velo.pdf

EDIT 2
The picture currently associated with this item looks like the XLC Grips offered by Raleigh, their ref: GRG16G.

www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType/ProductRange/Product/Default.aspx?pc=2&pt=320&pg=9534

Recettes faciles
Recettes faciles
by Françoise Bernard

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., 25 April 2015
This review is from: Recettes faciles (Hardcover)
I'm currently working through a self-study french course, and I bought this french language cookery book in an effort to make using french more a part of my routine.

I chose this particular one by looking at Amazon's french website, and seeing which books were popular with french people. They ought to know which are the best ones!

1. So far I've only cooked one of the recipes (gratin dauphanaise). It went well. In the past I've used cream in this recipe, but following this book I used milk, and an egg!

2. I really, really, really like the format and layout of this book. At the back there's a table including all the recipes with grades for cost and difficulty so you can browse them and pick out recipes on those criteria.

It's well bound, and I think the print/colours used are nice.

Good decision so far. :-)

ORB Wired Chat Headset (PS4)
ORB Wired Chat Headset (PS4)
Offered by Black.Wolf

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough., 13 Mar. 2015
I bought this for a MacBook Pro.

The cable is not long (50cms?). After 10 weeks use, repeated yanks have caused mine to start to break where it joins the earpiece. Using a coiled extender cable would probably guard against this happening.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2016 8:49 AM GMT