Profile for D. Bartlett > Reviews

Content by D. Bartlett

D. Bartlett (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tai Chi for Every Body
Tai Chi for Every Body
by Eva Koskuba
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy., 11 Sept. 2014
Just started working through this. The instructions are very clear.

Mustard Stickmen Metal Bookend
Mustard Stickmen Metal Bookend

4.0 out of 5 stars If you need bookends, these are good., 11 Sept. 2014
These are practical AND fun. :-)

Glad I bought them.

The designer/manufacturer's website is: justmustard.com

Gelid Silent 6 Case Fan 60 x 60 x 15,5 mm Hydro Dynamic Bearing 12 V 3200 rpm 24 dBA 3 Pin Molex CE RoHS

4.0 out of 5 stars This fan is OK, and Gelid are Good Eggs, 11 Sept. 2014
I bought this to replace a dead fan in a G-Technology G-Safe (2 HDD RAID).

I chose the Gelid as it was:
1. Offered by Quiet PC.com, so I thought it would be quiet! (they were out of stock, so I bought from Amazon.)
2. Almost, but not quite, the same dimensions as the original fan (Sunon KDE1206FV2, 60x60x10)

The connector on the Gelid was different to that on the Sunon & the G-Safe circuit board, so I contacted Gelid for a wiring diagram (the wires are all black) they replied promptly. (I've uploaded the annotated photo that Gelid sent me. Look for 'product images from customers' on this page.)

I cut the wires & connector off the Sunon, and connected them to the wires on the Gelid. My wiring was a bit of an ugly bodge, but its all hidden away inside the gizmo.

It works. You can hear the fan, but its not loud.

Icy Box IB-120StU3-Wh Dual Bay Docking Station for 2 x 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch SATA HDD to USB 3.0 Host

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good buy., 7 Sept. 2014
I bought this to use with an Apple MacBook pro.

Sometimes it works OK. Sometimes it doesn't.

If I was looking for another docking station, I would buy one of Zalman's docking stations instead. Today that would be the ZM-MH200 U3.

Cherry G82-2702 Initial USB Keyboard for Macbook - White
Cherry G82-2702 Initial USB Keyboard for Macbook - White
Offered by Value_Deal

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, not great., 28 Aug. 2014
The keyboard works OK. One thing I find annoying is that the raised ridges on the F and J keys, (that help touch typists position their hands on the keyboard) are too slight. The tops of all the keys are textured, so you can miss the bumps.

Not a keyboard I'm going to fall in love with, but it's OK, and it was cheap!

Union Cruiser 5 Lever KA Padlock
Union Cruiser 5 Lever KA Padlock
Offered by Saunderson Security Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable lock, 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Union Cruiser 5 Lever KA Padlock
Good quality lever lock. We use it for the garage, with ERA's 'narrow locking bar' hasp.

If you are reviewing your shed/garage security, you might want to consider Pragmasis' suggestions of what to look at (link below).

Selle Royal Men's Ellipse Moderate Bike Saddle - Black, 28 x 18.1 cm
Selle Royal Men's Ellipse Moderate Bike Saddle - Black, 28 x 18.1 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Super saddle, 12 Aug. 2014
This is the comfiest saddle I've ever used.

I have it fitted on a Dawes Mojave (hybrid/trekking) bicycle.

Shel
Shel
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Good album., 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Shel (Audio CD)
Really glad I bought this. You can listen to all the tracks on YouTube, but I like having the CD.

After coming across their videos, I browsed their twitter posts, and one of Sarah (violin player) blogs reminded me that CD sales are an important revenue stream to professional musicians. Not all musicians are millionaire libertines. :-)

The band's website address is: www.shelmusic.com

Willpower: Rediscovering Our Greatest Strength
Willpower: Rediscovering Our Greatest Strength
by Roy F. Baumeister

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, bad binding., 17 Feb. 2012
Very interesting content. I'm going to follow the strategies suggested for increasing willpower-stamina, and see how that goes.

What prompts this review though is not the content, but the physical book itself. It's printed on low quality paper, and glued at the spine rather than stitched, so I'm guessing it will fall apart sooner rather than later. A bit disappointing for a hardback.

Sapphire 11166-02-20R HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI Graphics Card
Sapphire 11166-02-20R HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI Graphics Card

4.0 out of 5 stars All seems OK., 2 Jun. 2010
If you're going to use the low profile bracket, you might find a 5mm spanner/socket useful. After installing the card on an HP Slimline (s5304uk), Windows 7 "windows experience index" gave a score of 4.6 for (desktop/video) graphics, and 6.1 for gaming graphics.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3