Profile for E. H. > Reviews

Content by E. H.

E. H. (England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Lime and Mint Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Lime and Mint Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like most cleaners these days this one claims to kill 99.9% of bacteria which is hard to believe when you don't know what there is in the first place but the reason they put 99.9 and not 100 is that they can't prove it doesn't but it is more than likely that it does. I got that info from an episode of QI and a newspaper article! Most cleaners come in a 500ml bottle, this is a 750ml. This isn't one of those cleaners that you spray, leave for a few minutes whilst it breaks down the stain and then wipe. I would use this more as the finishing coat, once the worst of the spilt food of pet prints are gone give this a spray to kill off any remaining bugs. The scent is nice, not over powering like some of the more industrial ones can be. For the size and price I would buy this again.

Mr Beams MB702 Wireless Motion-Sensing Mini Stick-Anywhere LED Night Lights, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was needed., 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were better than I was expecting. At the top of my stairs there is a small landing, around 2 foot wide, and then a step left or right to go to bedrooms and people are always tripping on them. We all do it, when the suns coming up and there's just enough light to see so you don't bother turning a light on and then trip! Not any more! I have placed these going either way so no that elusive step is seen. They are only 15 lumens so it doesn't hurt your eyes after just waking up and turns on from around 10 feet away. I did think 4 batteries per unit was quite a lot but as its led and not overly bright they should last a good amount a time. If you need a small discreet led sensor light for a similar purpose then I would recommend these.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras
Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras

5.0 out of 5 stars Best she has used., 17 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my girlfriend and she said it the best one she has used. She's tried many on the market including early models of Braun, but this one is by far the best. The facial epilator is great, you feel the hairs being pulled but it is no where near painful. She was getting 4 decent uses out of each charge which is good because it has a two pin plug on the charger so you will either need a shaving point in the bathroom or charge it elsewhere with the UK 3 pin adapter (sold separately and fairly cheap). Another thing she loved is that it gets hairs as short as 0.5mm, older epilators needed a good length hair for it to work at its best which meant leaving for weeks longer than she wanted until there was enough growth. A tip from her is that if you find it hurts then do it in a hot shower as it helps to numb the pain. Overall, recommended.

Russell Hobbs Purity Glass Brita Kettle
Russell Hobbs Purity Glass Brita Kettle

4.0 out of 5 stars Great not having two separate items on the worktop., 13 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a big fan of Brita water filters so this is great for me, cuts out having two separate items on the worktops. It does take two fills of the cartridge inside before the kettle is filled but if you are used to water filters then this shouldn't be much of an issue. The filters are called Maxtra and cost £11.96 for 4 from Brita here on Amazon. They say each one lasts around 1 month or 100 litres which I don't see as too bad, especially if you have heavy water. The filter has massively reduced the limescale build up in the kettles at ours, I know this because I have been using a separate water filter for years and then pouring into the kettle. The reason I have given this 4 stars is because of the size, I understand that if the water capacity was bigger the whole kettle would have to be bigger but I think it would be worth it. If it was around a 2 litre size kettle, with the cartridge in it would take it down to around normal size.

Ultrasport New Race Edition Snowboard Helmet - Black, X-Small
Ultrasport New Race Edition Snowboard Helmet - Black, X-Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it for peace of mind., 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Considering the price this is a great product. I got this for my niece who is just about to start ski school and I also have the exact same one myself but in large. The fit is very comfortable and there is what they call an 'adjustment ring' which means the size can be change minutely in moments, which I found I could do this on the hill without taking my gloves off as long they aren't too bulky. The helmet is very light which is ideal as its for a child, and as we found when getting her to try it on as long as daddy, my brother, has one on as well there shouldn't be any problems getting her to wear it! The only difference to my helmet (apart from the price tag which is around 4 times as much) is the goggle strap on the back of it. It feels a bit more flimsy, a bit fabric like, but this could be improvements rather than how lighter can sometimes feel cheaper. Overall I think this is a great helmet and well worth the price, especially for a bit of peace of mind.

Igenix IG2600 Oil Filled Radiator with Adjustable Thermostat 9 Fin 2,000 W
Igenix IG2600 Oil Filled Radiator with Adjustable Thermostat 9 Fin 2,000 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was needed., 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After boiler issues and recent colder nights this has been invaluable. It is light and easily moved on the wheels and so far after fairly constant use for a couple days nothing has gone wrong. It does have a 2 year warranty which is always peace of mind. I would have preferred it if it had a timer but that's more just to save me the bother of turning it off. Overall it looks as good as one of these can, its light, movable and heats up a room well.

Igenix IG4350 Traditional Corded Kettle 2,200 W - 3.5 L, Stainless Steel
Igenix IG4350 Traditional Corded Kettle 2,200 W - 3.5 L, Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge, kettle., 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this as a back up kettle and for when all the family is round and you end up spending all day boiling the kettle. Its very large, larger than you may think, and does look like it belongs in a restaurant kitchen. It boils fairly quickly and it's no noisier than the average. The reason I have given four stars is that the stainless steel is rather thin and because of this I have already dented it just from a light knock against the toaster. The dent popped back out but it does leave those little creases. Otherwise, if you're wanting a large kettle that doesn't cost a fortune then this is worth considering.

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Count and Learn Piggy Bank
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Count and Learn Piggy Bank

5.0 out of 5 stars A regularly used toy., 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My Niece, 1 year old, love this. I thought she would found it boring in no time like she does with most toys but this has had repeat playing. The talking is loud and clear enough for her to hear and understand some (I think) and when the nose is pressed is says something else, child or adult they will always press the snout! It is reasonably priced, comes ready to work out of the box and simple to use.

Aussie Shower Gel Body Wash Fresh Mate 250 ml - Pack of 6
Aussie Shower Gel Body Wash Fresh Mate 250 ml - Pack of 6
Offered by Your247Chemist

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but goes a long way., 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The bottles are very small so for £17 its seemed very top end but you really don't need to use much to create a good lather. It smells great and gets you clean! The best thing about them I have found is that because they are small they are perfect for travelling when you don't want to take a big bottle and only use a bit of it. I would get them again.

Polti AG100 Foraspira Window Vacuum Cleaner, 5 W
Polti AG100 Foraspira Window Vacuum Cleaner, 5 W

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but fairly pricey., 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The vacuum itself is great, it does do a great job of removing the water in to an easy to empty bottle. If you have a good way of getting the water onto the windows and cleaning them then this is perfect for finishing it off but for £3 less you can the Kärcher version which comes with the spray bottle, an extra head and a 2 year guarantee. I haven't tried that one but it does seem like the well known brand is likely to be just as good, if not better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20