Profile for E. H. > Reviews

skinChemists Bee Venom Facial Serum 30 ml
skinChemists Bee Venom Facial Serum 30 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not worth the money!, 21 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really quite excited about trying this product, it's expensive and lots of famous people are using it so I expected big things. I have to say I have been a bit disappointed.
I've been using it for a few weeks now and I don't feel that there has been much of a change in the appearance of my skin. Admittedly, I don't have a huge amount of wrinkles but I was expecting to see some difference especially around the eye area. My face did feel better but not £100 worth of better!
The serum went on nicely and did give a lovely feeling of freshness but when it started to dry it left me with tight feeling skin and I felt I had to use more moisturiser than normal on top of it.
All in all this is a reasonably good serum with great looking packaging but I feel I could have achieved similar results from a much cheaper high street brand and once it runs out I won't be replacing it.

From Puppy to PERFECT: A proven, practical guide to training and caring for your new puppy
by Janet Menzies

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and straight forward ., 20 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a big fan of Janet Menzies and have got a few of her dog training books. Menzies other training book although very helpful and well written is more for the experienced trainer who want to trial or work their dog, this book on other hand is much more for your average. It takes you from from very young, collecting your puppy, and right up to a few years old. Each section of the book is stage in the puppies life and go through what you should be teaching at that time which I think is really good because its often not beneficial to teach everything from day one. Menzies approach to training is a fairly traditional one so if you're wanting a book which is lovey dovey then this isn't it. I wouldn't go as far to say its a punishment guided method but she definitely doesn't take any nonsense.

If you follow this book and do what is taught at each stage you will have a very good family dog.

Men Rock Sicilian Lime and Caffeine Awakening Beard Balm
Men Rock Sicilian Lime and Caffeine Awakening Beard Balm

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but nothing special, 13 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is half the price of the previous balms or oils, mainly from Percy Nobleman, and you can tell.

The smell reminds of a Boots own aftershave or deodorant. It also doesn't last overly long, if you're just needing it for an evening then it's fine but if it's at the start of th day there is no sign of it by lunch.

Ok as a cheaper option but I would look elsewhere.

AnySharp Plastic and Stainless Steel 3-in-1 Box Grater, Black
AnySharp Plastic and Stainless Steel 3-in-1 Box Grater, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for small amounts of grating., 30 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this only to work well for grating and then only in small amounts. For peeling it is very awkward compared to your traditional peeler. If you can get the hang of it then it does catch the peelings but you than have to empty it constantly. If you're grating a small amount of cheese, such as Parmesan, then this is great but for everything else it is too small.

Kaspersky Total Security Multi Device 3 Device 1 Year FFP (PC DVD/Mac)
Kaspersky Total Security Multi Device 3 Device 1 Year FFP (PC DVD/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unobtrusive, 23 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been an AVG customer for years but the last few additions have lost their edge so I thought I would try out Kaspersky. The main reason I left AVG was because the impact it had on my system. I'm not sure if that is just the size of the program or whether its the relentless pop ups but I like it to be in the back ground and take nothing away from the system resources. Kaspersky Total security does it. Although nothing is like the old days when programs were simply and didn't open unless you wanted it this is a lot better. My knowledge of security is basic at best but as I have had no problems since installing it then it must be working well. Already installed it on my girlfriends pc and she has also found it be work well.

Wahl Pet Grooming Brush and Comb Set, 21 cm
Wahl Pet Grooming Brush and Comb Set, 21 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 15 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When getting this the main thing I was after was the comb. I have a working cocker and around this time a year I spend a lot of time getting all the seeds out of her fur and the comb is by far the best of way doing it. Really happy with this one, the handle is big and comfortable and teeth are slightly longer than the last few I have had. As its stainless it should stay looking great.

The brush is great to, as its double sided its bound to work on most fur types. I really like how the head on the brush is curved and I found this helps to stop it getting stuck if I have missed any tangles with the comb.

Overall, the handles are comfortable, comb slightly longer than normal which makes it easier and the brush has a curved head which stops it getting caught. Very happy with them.

HP F4C80AA
HP F4C80AA
Offered by Deals Breaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 9 Jun. 2015
This review is from: HP F4C80AA (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I did take a bit of a gamble on this, I was wanting a battery pack for my apple products but this isn't very clear as to whether it will do that. The description says it will work on HP products but thankfully it does work on my iphone and ipad. With more research it appears it will work on everything which has a 5v charge and just an adapter may have to be bought separately which is what I did for my apple gear.

Something I really like about this is the led 4 stars that tell you how much power is left in it. I know that is only a minor thing but little things like that can save so much time.

Overall it seems well made, being used around 4-5 times a week for the last month and all is going well, and it is smaller than I was expecting. Would recommend this.

Philips HR1857/71 Viva Collection Quick Clean Juicer - Black
Philips HR1857/71 Viva Collection Quick Clean Juicer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great. easy to use, easy to clean., 4 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was my first juicer and I love it! I have always been put off because of the amount of cleaning they needed for doing fairly little work. This might have been true with older models but once you learn how to take this apart and reassemble it then it becomes a doddle. I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpCR7KU-214 soon after getting this and it shows how to use it.

The main thing to remember is that a juicer just gets the juice out and leaves the pulp in the machine. I know that sounds obvious but before getting this I thought they blended it all up until it became a thick liquid. I don't mind a bit of pulp so I sometimes scoop some of it out and add it to juice.

If you are someone who eats a lot of fruit and veg and often buys smoothies and healthier juice drinks then this is great for you. Once I figured out what I liked and then added it to the weekly shop I have found I am spending no more than I was before because I hardly ever buy a smoothie now. This has turned out to be a rare kitchen appliance which doesn't have a sole purpose of collecting dust.

Motorola Blink 83 Connect HD Wi-Fi Baby Monitor
Motorola Blink 83 Connect HD Wi-Fi Baby Monitor
Offered by BabySecurity

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I did have a few issues when installing this but it came down to be me rushing rather than a fault. I got the app for my iphone and then installed it that way, it bring s up choices of cameras you can install but only shows two cameras, so I chose the one most like this one. This didn't work as it wasn't the correct one, after trying a few times I realised you can scroll in the camera list and I think this was the fourth choice. I know that sounds obvious but there was nothing suggesting it would scroll so just be warned! (Other reviewers have had issues and I imagine this was it)

Once the camera has been installed and all the settings have been gone through it takes around 30 seconds for it to kick in and start working. I was surprised at how good it was considering it has infrared night vision built in. That can often make it look strange during daylight.

The camera pans and tilts and can be controlled easily with the app.

Overall I really like this camera, I have even used to check in on the house when no one is in!

Earth Rated Lavender-Scented Dog Waste Bags,900-Count,60 Refill Rolls
Earth Rated Lavender-Scented Dog Waste Bags,900-Count,60 Refill Rolls

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 12 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Considering how long it takes plastic to degrade it is a great idea making them biodegradable. When opening the box you will first be amazed at how many there are but you maybe over powered by the scent. It reminds me of my Gran's soap when I was young. I have put a few rolls and dispenser into my work bag and I must say, it does smell better!

As the council have changed our bins to the wheelie bins I use the old metal one for the dog presents so by bin collection day it can be smelling a bit ripe. Not now, the only smell is if you take the lid off and you get a hint of lavender.

One thing I hate is when they make them so thin they are transparent. I don't want to see what is in it so I'm sure other people don't either.

My dog goes around 2-3 times a day so these should last at least a year which I think makes these very good value. I have never been a fan of scented because of how over powering they can be all together but these have changed my mind. I will be getting them again but not for a quite a while yet!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20