Profile for E. H. > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Optimum Nutrition 330 g Apple Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement
Optimum Nutrition 330 g Apple Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement

4.0 out of 5 stars (Predominately Weightlifting) An average to good powder for the price, 20 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've given this 4 stars because it does do something, you do feel a boost but not quite as much as others. This could be because of the dosage which is half what it is of most or could be because its not as good, I can't be sure.

I have used three now and I would put them in the order of being Sci-mx X-plode Hardcore as the best, Gold standard Pre-Work Out in second place and My Protein's MyPre in third place as the worst one I have used. I found the My Protein one made me feel ill later in the evening and didn't make a noticeable difference.

Around 15 mins after taking it you will start to feel strange but this is normal. There is a chemical in it which is in most pre workouts that makes you feel itchy and hot. I have found working out hard makes you not notice this so much. For people who haven't done any pre workout before I would recommend a smaller dose to start with, I know people who have had to run for the toilet soon after taking it!

Like everything you take you gradually get used to it so it is best to alternate between a few and also have days off from them completely.

One thing that I found and I'm sure others will too is that you have to be in the right mood for any pre workout to have an effect. If you are up for the gym and want an extra boost then this will give that extra lift, if you are tired and can't be bothered then it won't do anything. I can't just be me who has found that!

Overall this is a good mid strength powder, the taste is surprisingly good as it doesn't have as many sweeteners in and will last a long time if you alternate and have days off.

I tend to go to the gym 3 times a week and use a pre workout 2 - 3 times a week, alternating between this and the Sci-MX one.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Oral-B Pro CrossAction 600 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush - Pink 6, Units Per Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but that is all that is needed., 20 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the 4th Oral-B I have used and by far the best one. I have used the complete bog standard early editions up to the newer ones with the 4 different brushing styles and wireless smartguide but what I like about this one is it has the sleek, feel good design in your hand just like the new expensive ones but is also basic.

There ins't a smartguide which I don't think is necessary anyway but there is an app you can download which monitors the sound and makes sure you're doing it right. Not pressing too hard etc. All a bit of gimmick really, you may use it a few times before giving it up. The more expensive brush with the smartguide counts to 2 minutes and does a sad face if you press too hard, its just not needed.

Like all their brushes there is a vibration every 30 seconds to tell you when to move to the next section and it does this up to 2 minutes. (I divide my mouth into 4: side, side, front, all over.)

It is very pink! Be aware when buying, there is an option of a light blue one if you don't like it!

Overall if you're wanted a basic electric toothbrush that does a good job then this is great, if you're wanting an all singing and dancing one then look at their Pro 5000 or Pro 6000.

Tefal Effectis GV6720 Steam Generator - 2200 Watt
Tefal Effectis GV6720 Steam Generator - 2200 Watt
Offered by Southern Electric

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a few issues that niggle away., 13 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are two main point I didn't like about this iron and that is the water reservoir isn't detachable and the cord length is shorter than other steam irons I have used. I know the reservoir being built in isn't much of a problem but when you're busy and you have to go get a jug to fill with water before pouring it in instead of just taking the tank straight to the tap it soon becomes annoying. If I were to iron in the kitchen this wouldn't be an issue.

Other than that the iron has a Tefal coating which makes it very slick and the steamer which heats up quickly making it a lot easier to use than your standard iron.

If you are electricity concious there is an economy mode which cuts down the amount used by up to 20%, I have used this mode a few times and not noticed too much of a difference in terms of performance.

Overall if you are thinking of upgrading a from a standard iron then I would recommend this. This is at the lower end of the steam iron market and would be a good stepping stone without breaking the bank.

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Lime and Mint Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Lime and Mint Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like most cleaners these days this one claims to kill 99.9% of bacteria which is hard to believe when you don't know what there is in the first place but the reason they put 99.9 and not 100 is that they can't prove it doesn't but it is more than likely that it does. I got that info from an episode of QI and a newspaper article! Most cleaners come in a 500ml bottle, this is a 750ml. This isn't one of those cleaners that you spray, leave for a few minutes whilst it breaks down the stain and then wipe. I would use this more as the finishing coat, once the worst of the spilt food of pet prints are gone give this a spray to kill off any remaining bugs. The scent is nice, not over powering like some of the more industrial ones can be. For the size and price I would buy this again.

Mr. Beams MB702 Wireless Motion-Sensing Mini Stick-Anywhere LED Nightlights, Small, White, 2-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was needed., 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These were better than I was expecting. At the top of my stairs there is a small landing, around 2 foot wide, and then a step left or right to go to bedrooms and people are always tripping on them. We all do it, when the suns coming up and there's just enough light to see so you don't bother turning a light on and then trip! Not any more! I have placed these going either way so no that elusive step is seen. They are only 15 lumens so it doesn't hurt your eyes after just waking up and turns on from around 10 feet away. I did think 4 batteries per unit was quite a lot but as its led and not overly bright they should last a good amount a time. If you need a small discreet led sensor light for a similar purpose then I would recommend these.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars Best she has used., 17 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my girlfriend and she said it the best one she has used. She's tried many on the market including early models of Braun, but this one is by far the best. The facial epilator is great, you feel the hairs being pulled but it is no where near painful. She was getting 4 decent uses out of each charge which is good because it has a two pin plug on the charger so you will either need a shaving point in the bathroom or charge it elsewhere with the UK 3 pin adapter (sold separately and fairly cheap). Another thing she loved is that it gets hairs as short as 0.5mm, older epilators needed a good length hair for it to work at its best which meant leaving for weeks longer than she wanted until there was enough growth. A tip from her is that if you find it hurts then do it in a hot shower as it helps to numb the pain. Overall, recommended.

Russell Hobbs Purity Glass Brita Kettle
Russell Hobbs Purity Glass Brita Kettle

4.0 out of 5 stars Great not having two separate items on the worktop., 13 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a big fan of Brita water filters so this is great for me, cuts out having two separate items on the worktops. It does take two fills of the cartridge inside before the kettle is filled but if you are used to water filters then this shouldn't be much of an issue. The filters are called Maxtra and cost £11.96 for 4 from Brita here on Amazon. They say each one lasts around 1 month or 100 litres which I don't see as too bad, especially if you have heavy water. The filter has massively reduced the limescale build up in the kettles at ours, I know this because I have been using a separate water filter for years and then pouring into the kettle. The reason I have given this 4 stars is because of the size, I understand that if the water capacity was bigger the whole kettle would have to be bigger but I think it would be worth it. If it was around a 2 litre size kettle, with the cartridge in it would take it down to around normal size.

Ultrasport New Race Edition Snowboard Helmet - Black, X-Small
Ultrasport New Race Edition Snowboard Helmet - Black, X-Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it for peace of mind., 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Considering the price this is a great product. I got this for my niece who is just about to start ski school and I also have the exact same one myself but in large. The fit is very comfortable and there is what they call an 'adjustment ring' which means the size can be change minutely in moments, which I found I could do this on the hill without taking my gloves off as long they aren't too bulky. The helmet is very light which is ideal as its for a child, and as we found when getting her to try it on as long as daddy, my brother, has one on as well there shouldn't be any problems getting her to wear it! The only difference to my helmet (apart from the price tag which is around 4 times as much) is the goggle strap on the back of it. It feels a bit more flimsy, a bit fabric like, but this could be improvements rather than how lighter can sometimes feel cheaper. Overall I think this is a great helmet and well worth the price, especially for a bit of peace of mind.

Igenix IG2600 Oil Filled Radiator with Adjustable Thermostat 9 Fin 2,000 W
Igenix IG2600 Oil Filled Radiator with Adjustable Thermostat 9 Fin 2,000 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what was needed., 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After boiler issues and recent colder nights this has been invaluable. It is light and easily moved on the wheels and so far after fairly constant use for a couple days nothing has gone wrong. It does have a 2 year warranty which is always peace of mind. I would have preferred it if it had a timer but that's more just to save me the bother of turning it off. Overall it looks as good as one of these can, its light, movable and heats up a room well.

Igenix IG4350 Traditional Corded Kettle 2,200 W - 3.5 L, Stainless Steel
Igenix IG4350 Traditional Corded Kettle 2,200 W - 3.5 L, Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge, kettle., 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this as a back up kettle and for when all the family is round and you end up spending all day boiling the kettle. Its very large, larger than you may think, and does look like it belongs in a restaurant kitchen. It boils fairly quickly and it's no noisier than the average. The reason I have given four stars is that the stainless steel is rather thin and because of this I have already dented it just from a light knock against the toaster. The dent popped back out but it does leave those little creases. Otherwise, if you're wanting a large kettle that doesn't cost a fortune then this is worth considering.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20