Profile for StumpyB > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Overlord's Heir: Warlord Series
The Overlord's Heir: Warlord Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, 17 Sep 2014
I enjoyed the first book so I bought the second and I have to say that I wasn't disappointed. The Overloard's Heir is a short romance that continues the story of Miki and Vann. I recommend it if you're looking for a short romance/ fantasy type book...

Creative Differences (Jennifer Hodges/Warrior Queen Book 2)
Creative Differences (Jennifer Hodges/Warrior Queen Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 11 Sep 2014
The second book in the Warrior Queen Series continues the story of Jennifer Hodges, a young woman from Earth who is trying to find a place for herself in an alien culture, while adjusting to being one of the most powerful people in an alien empire. It is a great story, very different from anything else out there and I recommend it!

Anja's Star (Outer Settlement Agency)
Anja's Star (Outer Settlement Agency)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 11 Sep 2014
I enjoyed reading Anja's Star - it's a short, fast paced romance where two strangers are forced to work together to recover a missing spaceship.

The Winter Long: October Daye #8
The Winter Long: October Daye #8
by Seanan McGuire
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book, 11 Sep 2014
Another brilliant book from Seanan McGuire - the Winter Long continues the story of October Daye, delving into her back story and providing an explanation for the events in the first book. I really enjoyed it and recommend it if you have read the other books in the series (if you haven't you should really start reading!).

Roar!: a paranormal romance
Roar!: a paranormal romance

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this one, 11 Sep 2014
Roar is a short alien romance that tells the story of Iris, a school librarian that has moved back home to take care of her elderly parents. After a bad date and a wrong turn, Iris discovers that there is other intelligent life in the universe. I really enjoyed this book, Iris is just what you want in a female heroine and it was well written. I recommend it and look forward to the next instalment!

NCIS: Los Angeles - Season 5 [DVD]
NCIS: Los Angeles - Season 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris O'Donnell

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great season..., 11 Sep 2014
Another great season of NCIS LA. Continues the story from the cliff hanger at the end of last season. There is plenty of character development and explosions - if you've enjoyed previous seasons, you'll love this one.

And What of Earth? (Jennifer Hodges/Warrior Queen Book 1)
And What of Earth? (Jennifer Hodges/Warrior Queen Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Sep 2014
This is a really good book! I thought the premise was really interesting, unlike other books in this genre it deals more with the question: what would you do if aliens landed in your back garden?

Wray (Tornians Book 2)
Wray (Tornians Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book!, 1 Sep 2014
I've really looked forward to the next book by MK Eidem and I wasn't disappointed. Wray is (if you like) the prequel to Grim, providing greater depth to the characters. I enjoyed it and recommend it...

Of Darkness, Light, and Fire (Daw Book Collectors)
Of Darkness, Light, and Fire (Daw Book Collectors)
by Tanya Huff
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 1 Sep 2014
I have enjoyed reading Tanya Huff's books - Of Darkness, Light and Fire is firmly in the fantasy genre. I enjoyed it although I prefer her urban fantasy novels.

Specimen Known as Jeanne Rose: Book One of the Alien Abduction Series (1)
Specimen Known as Jeanne Rose: Book One of the Alien Abduction Series (1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 1 Sep 2014
I have really enjoyed reading the range of alien romance available on amazon. This book is very different from anything else I've read - Jeanne Rose is a teenager who gets abducted by a ship operated by an AI. It was good, I recommend it...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20