Profile for Sarah Phillips > Reviews

Perfect English Farmhouse
Perfect English Farmhouse
by Ros Byam Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 27 April 2012
This is the perfect book if you have a free afternoon or evening to curl up on the sofa and just enjoy - it feels like a treat to hold it and turn the pages! It's a substantial book, the pages are glossy and thick, and the large size shows off the stunning photos very well.

It is divided into chapters showing different types of farmhouse from traditional to modern styles that have ideas for how to make a farmhouse that is both funky and traditional. I was a bit worried before I bought this book that the houses would be very grand. I was pleased to see that the looks are achievable and comfortable rather than imposing and I'm looking forward to incorporating them in my house! There are some very beautiful homes in here. An inspiring book!

Simple Home
Simple Home
by Mark Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 4 May 2011
This review is from: Simple Home (Hardcover)
I love this book. There are tons of great ideas on how to create a home that is simple and uncluttered but also welcoming and personal. It is a beautifully photographed and shows how to use muted tones and interesting textures to create a home that feels warm yet understated. There are also innovative ideas for storage and making the best use of small spaces which I found very helpful! I like the way natural textures and industrial furniture are combined so well together. Mark and Sally Bailey have succeeded in this book in creating a style that is both inspirational and practical. I highly recommend it.