Profile for patacake > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung SGH-E250/SGH-E258 Replacement Battery 850mAh
Samsung SGH-E250/SGH-E258 Replacement Battery 850mAh

5.0 out of 5 stars As described., 9 Aug 2013
I was advised to buy this battery by a friend, being a bit of wary of buying such items on line myself and relying on help, and it does exactly at its supposed to.

Impressions In Oil With James Horton PRBA DVD
Impressions In Oil With James Horton PRBA DVD
Offered by Ken Bromley Art Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly satisfied, 9 Aug 2013
I have just purchased this DVD and found it extremely informative. I heard him speak at a Private view recently and my curiosity led me to his DVD. I have been painting and exhibiting for many years in various mediums but wish I'd picked tips on oils like the ones given here by James Horton years ago. Watching him paint, admittedly a lengthy process, does take you through all stages, unlike some artists on video/DVD who start off well, then fast forward to the finished work without giving the necessary information on how they achieved it. My one comment on his work is that I would sometimes like to stay his hand before he completed the painting as some of his midway stages are really vibrant and sometimes more exciting than the finished article.

BOW FRONTED STORAGE FILING CABINET 2 DRAWER LIGHT OAK
BOW FRONTED STORAGE FILING CABINET 2 DRAWER LIGHT OAK

5.0 out of 5 stars fine, 19 Nov 2012
I had a better experience than the other poster. I've had mine a few years and it still looks good though I'd add the usual caveat about not opening both drawers fully at the same time or it will tip over, just as any other similar item! No complaints.

Like A Fool
Like A Fool

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 12 Nov 2012
This review is from: Like A Fool (MP3 Download)
I hadn't heard this before Robin Gibb's death and came across it whilst browsing and loved it. A great addition to my phone music.

Der Tiger von Eschnapur / Das indische Grabmal (Fritz Lang's Indian Epic) [Masters of Cinema] [DVD] [1959]
Dvd ~ Paul Hubschmid
Offered by bestmediagroup

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 12 Nov 2012
I saw this film on tv many years ago and had been waiting without luck to see it again. The only version I could find until recently was in Virgin Megastore
(now, alas closed)in the Louvre complex and that was in German and French and though I speak and understand some of both I didnt fancy trying to follow this in those languages, so was delighted to see it for sale on Amazon, and was so excited when I received it. Well, maybe I was just younger but it didnt grip me the way it did back then..worth seeing if you are a Fritz Lang fan though and the Debra Paget snake dance is fun.

C'était Moi
C'était Moi

5.0 out of 5 stars parfait, 12 Nov 2012
This review is from: C'était Moi (MP3 Download)
It's Jean Claude Pascal, need I say more? So very very evocative of the period as are so many of the songs he sang.

The Forsyte Saga - Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] [1967]
The Forsyte Saga - Complete Series 1-7 Box Set [DVD] [1967]
Dvd ~ Eric Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Nov 2012
We have the set on video but I decided to buy it on DVD for my husband for an anniversary present as he likes it so much (as do I!)and the DVD has interesting extras. We watch it once a year without fail when the nights draw in. The book would be my desert island choice, it has all of life in it and it is superbly captured by this adaptation. Th other more recent adaptation is interesting and well done, but cannot compete in my view and it isn't exactly faithful to the original story, the ending being tweaked for effect.

Priceless: The Memoirs and Mysteries of Britain's No.1 Art Dealer
Priceless: The Memoirs and Mysteries of Britain's No.1 Art Dealer
by Roy Miles

3.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, 6 Oct 2011
In the first instance you wonder if this book is for real. It's not particularly well written, but after a while it's difficult to put down. It jumps about alarmingly, you read a sentence and wait for a punchline that doesn't come. You then re-read the paragraph in case you missed something but no, he's moved on without warning.
Having said that, as an ex-dealer myself (small time in comparison with Roy),I found it totally absorbing and will be recommending it to friends who are interested in paintings and who were around at the time Roy Miles was dealing. A fascinating glimpse of the art world and the age when all things seemed possible.

Romantic Moderns: English Writers, Artists and the Imagination from Virginia Woolf to John Piper
by Alexandra Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars for a friend, 29 May 2011
Only had a quick look at this as it was a present for a friend but I certainly would like to read more, from cover to cover, it looked fascinating.

The Assassination of Winston Churchill
The Assassination of Winston Churchill
by Carlos Thompson

4.0 out of 5 stars Wordy, 9 Aug 2010
An in depth account by Carlos Thompson, you will need a lot of uninterrupted time to keep up with it.

Page: 1 | 2