ARRAY(0xa2b07774)

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi
Price: 3.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating meditation, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
I came to this rather late - typically when I heard that the film was better than the book, I thought I'd better read the book first. Can anyone not be aware that this is a story of a boy cast away in a lifeboat with a tiger? It sounds such a ludicrous plot, that I admit it sat on my Kindle for a long time before I read it. But actually, it's so much more than that. I can't really talk more about it without giving it away. But I am really looking forward to seeing the film now.

Macbeth: A Novel
Macbeth: A Novel
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it., 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: Macbeth: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
Hardly an original story, but rather fun all the same. I thought it was well written, and entertaining and perhaps a slightly more accessible take on the play

Death and the Devil
Death and the Devil
Price: 0.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably entertaining read, 3 Mar 2013
Not bad for a daily deal, but I wouldn't call it a page turner. The tale of shady shenanigans in mediaeval Cologne was interesting enough, but I found it difficult to warm to the characters.

Omron Walking Style III Pedometer - Yellow
Omron Walking Style III Pedometer - Yellow
Price: 17.53

4.0 out of 5 stars A very neat little pedometer, 3 Mar 2013
Bought as a replacement for one I dropped in the snow and I'm really very impressed. (I thought I'd lost it but found it next day - it worked for a week or so after that, but then gave up the ghost. Two things that stop it getting a five star rating though - it only gives metric distances, and as I found with the last one, you can't get replacement clips for love nor money.

That's a pity because the clip has been the weak point on every pedometer I've ever had. These though are among the best pedometer clips I've ever used as they're discreet, strong, and seem to last much longer than most. However they do wear out eventually if you use them all the time,

Alarm clock with phone Sig and Vib
Alarm clock with phone Sig and Vib

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic Alert SBA475 Vibrating Analogue Alarm Clock, 5 Oct 2011
Bought as a gift, so I can't really comment on it in everyday use. Delivery very prompt, and having seen the clock in action I can confirm that the alarm is quite spectacularly loud. Certainly the recipient was very pleased with it, so I'd not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who has trouble hearing a conventional alarm clock.

Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Medium
Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Medium
Offered by Active Outdoors
Price: 14.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Jan 2011
I was amazed at how effective these are - went for a six mile walk on what tightly packed snow and ice, and didn't slip once. (I couldn't have slid if I'd wanted to - yes, I did try). The only slightly difficult bit was crossing roads that had been cleared. You do have to take them off on laminate floors though - they're lethal there, but they weren't designed for that!

The only reservation I have is that they are a bit of a struggle to pull on. The rubber is very strong, and fits very snugly onto the shoes - but, then, they have to be tight to stay on. I suspect elderly people or those with arthritic fingers would struggle with them.