Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Koh-I-Noor : Mechanical Clutch Pencil Leadholder for 2mm Leads 5900 Black
Koh-I-Noor : Mechanical Clutch Pencil Leadholder for 2mm Leads 5900 Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best quality, but OK, 23 May 2014
Clutch pencils have a very simple mechanism, so when I decided to get another to fit with 6B lead, I thought I might as well go for the cheaper one. So far it serves the purpose, is comfortable to hold and use, but there are a few points about it's quality I'd like to mention.

Firstly it feels a little 'rickety'. There's a faint clinking sound as I move it around. I don't find it that annoying personally but would have preferred it to be silent. Secondly, the lead advancement action isn't as smooth as it is on my other clutch pencils. With most, if you push the button once with the tip facing down the lead should fall down. With this one, it sometimes takes quite a few clicks before the lead makes its appearance.

Thirdly, the paint used on the body is quite cheap. I removed the pocket clip first thing because I turn the pencil around in my hand a lot and the clip digs in uncomfortably into the hand. Even this one removal chipped off paint from the body around the cream and gold banding so that it now looks older and more used than it really is. The overall construction quality of the pencil feels fairly cheap. It's perfectly usable of course, but, for example, I can easily feel the difference between this and my Faber- Castell clutch pencil, which works smoothly, silently, and without a hitch. The best clutch pencils (Faber, Steadtler) are only slightly more expensive so unless you just need a spare I'd suggest having a look at those.

Staedtler mars rasor eraser pencil
Staedtler mars rasor eraser pencil
Offered by AbbeyShake
Price: 1.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Scratchy, 17 May 2014
Tried it out on both smooth and sketch paper. It screeched on both, made me cringe. It didn't really erase the graphite, and on the sketchbook paper seemed to irritate the paper a little bit. Honestly, if you want really sharp clean white highlights I would suggest having a look at white pencils. I've never ever been disappointed by a Steadtler art products before so my expectations were quite high, to be fair. It's sort of useful, but I'll be sticking to traditional erasers as far as I can.

Uni Pin Drawing Pens,  Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink
Uni Pin Drawing Pens, Pack of 5 Assorted Tip Sizes, Black Ink
Price: 5.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Wear out Fast, 16 May 2014
These are good, but the tip wears out terribly quickly on the smallest one. Which is a shame since the thin one is great to sketch with.

Napiers Sweet Dreams Sleep Remedy 150 ml
Napiers Sweet Dreams Sleep Remedy 150 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Mildly effective, 16 May 2014
It kind of works. Taken with melatonin, it can help relax and make you feel really sleepy. Chamomile is great option for soothing the nerves too. It's extremely bitter, though.

Pokmon X (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokmon X (Nintendo 3DS)
Price: 32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 16 May 2014
This blows the earlier Pokemon games right out of the water!! I cannot bring myself to say just how awesome this game is. Nintendo and Game Freak have really outdone themselves on this one. The graphics are beautiful; it's Nintendo so pixels are not a priority but the overall charm and aesthetic feel of the game is superb. There are some stunning locations, such as the 3D cave with blue stalactites.

Pikachu is available early on in the game as well as a Kanto starter of your choice. Pokemon Amie lets you build bonds with your Pokemon that help them dodge attacks, cure themselves of status conditions, and gain more experience. Super Training is something I don't play with too much, it's more for the serious gamers who care about EV's and things. But I did train my Vaporeon that way once and it's special attack at Lv. 100 went through the roof! And with Mega Evolutions (which can completely turn the tide of battles, both in game and online) the battle dynamics have been made more complex and more interesting. The online features are a blessing. No longer do you have to go into those silly portals in the Pokemon Centre every time you want to trade or battle someone- you can interact with everyone who's online. I also like the fact that you can now choose a darker skinned sprite, which feels more inclusive.

The storyline is mediocre but let's be honest, the perks of a Pokemon game isn't really its plot. Possibly the only downside is the lack of post- game content. Once you defeat the League there's not much to be done except more battling, collecting Mega Stones, etc. It's not like the post game content of White 2, which was more satisfying. Lumiose City can also be a little hard to navigate, and I don't know if I'd count this as a negative but it's so easy to spend all your money on clothes!

Overall, though, this is an excellent entry into Generation 6. It's clear that they've put more effort than ever before into making Pokemon feel new and exciting again, and it pays off.

Amazon Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle)
Amazon Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle)
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but extremely useful, 16 May 2014
At two thirds the price of an actual basic Kindle this case isn't cheap. However, it's a much better fit than the third party cases I've found for it, and my Kindle fits snugly in the soft interior. The leather casing is gorgeous, though mine was slightly frayed in one part. Didn't really bother me. The main benefit is the light, which is really very useful for reading at night or in dark places. I travel back and forth from India quite a bit and this is great for reading on dim airplanes when everyone else is sleeping. The light is tiny but adequate, though best used with some ambient lighting. It runs off the Kindle battery, so it won't work if the Kindle isn't actually fitted in it. I find it does drain the battery noticeably. Not too much- it'll last me maybe a week of reading with the light and wifi on before I need to charge it.

Taking off one star for the price.

Hercule Poirot's Christmas (Poirot)
Hercule Poirot's Christmas (Poirot)
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 16 May 2014
One of Christie's best Poirot adventures, in my opinion. Classic mystery story with a solid plot and well placed narrative. Left me feeling incredibly satisfied and happily surprised.

L'Oreal Studio Architect Styling Wax 75ml
L'Oreal Studio Architect Styling Wax 75ml
Offered by O.P Healthcare
Price: 6.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit greasy, otherwise fine, 16 May 2014
Does add volume to my hair, and makes it easy to shape throughout the day. It is a little bit greasy though, but it washes off easily with water so that's no problem.

Koh-I-Noor Kneadable Eraser
Koh-I-Noor Kneadable Eraser
Offered by LPC Stationers
Price: 1.58

4.0 out of 5 stars It's alright, 16 May 2014
It's a small eraser. Can be shaped much like hard Blu- tack. It erases well and neatly, even if, after a while of handling it, it may look dirty. My only disappointment is that it offers no great advantage over a regular eraser. You can't exactly make a super sharp point for fine erasing because it would crumble. You can get SOME variation, like erasing medium to largish areas according to how you sculpt the eraser, but if you want precise erasing you're going to have to go for the stick eraser pencils that can be sharpened. Nevertheless, for what it is, it's a good product. The box it comes in is nice too, and useful for protecting the eraser.

FABER CASTELL TK-LEAD SHARPENER  2 mm
FABER CASTELL TK-LEAD SHARPENER 2 mm
Offered by LONDON GRAPHIC CENTRE
Price: 1.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, 16 May 2014
Before I saw this I thought my only option was the Steadtler Pointer tub for sharpening clutch pencils, which was nine times the price of this when I was buying. Of course most clutch pencils have the little sharpener in their push buttons and although that's handy it doesn't sharpen quite as well as one of these. This is tiny, cheap, and does what it's meant to do with perfect ease. Good quality. I suppose the only danger is losing it, but like another reviewer suggested, I keep it pressed into my kneadable eraser and keep the both of them in a tiny little box. It was a helpful tip, this set up works well and is far more cost/ space effective than some of the other options out there. Together with the kneadable eraser and the clutch pencil, these three things make everything you need to draw outside of your studio/ home. No having to worry about the pencil getting shorter, wood shavings, eraser getting blunt, etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4