Profile for nancy14caswell > Reviews

Content by nancy14caswell

nancy14caswell

One Day Like This
One Day Like This

5.0 out of 5 stars My first experience of Rhydian - bought it after hearing ..., 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: One Day Like This (Audio CD)
My first experience of Rhydian - bought it after hearing the title track on Classic FM and have bought others since

O Fortuna
O Fortuna
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: O Fortuna (Audio CD)
Superb voice and choice of songs

The Last Rose
The Last Rose

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 8 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Last Rose (Audio CD)
I think that the singer is vastly over-rated. There is little colour or animation in the way she approaches the songs chosen and I cannot understand why she is featured instead of her colleagues in All Angels (I think that was the name of the quartet with which she made her name.
The CD was not worth the money.

The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and enlightening, 28 July 2011
Not only a great read but informative and thought-provoking. I found his descriptions of the various buildings made me want to visit them and the information about Freemasonry and noetics made me want to know more about these subject.

In fact, I bought the book after reading it as a library book.

A Passionate Life
A Passionate Life
by Stephanie Cole

2.0 out of 5 stars Name droppin in excelsis, 28 July 2011
This review is from: A Passionate Life (Hardcover)
I love the author in her t.v. roles but do not rate her as writer. There is far too little reflection and far too much name-dropping - this is supposed to be her story and, although some mention of her fellow-actors etc. is relevant, it is far too overdone. A friend recommended the book but I will not trust her judgement in future...