Profile for S. E. Gawith > Reviews

Content by S. E. Gawith

S. E. Gawith "susan" (South Africa)

LEGO Technic 42009: Mobile Crane Mk II
LEGO Technic 42009: Mobile Crane Mk II
Offered by Bene´s Spielshop GmbH (alle Preise incl. Mehrwertsteuer, kein gemeinsamer Versand mit anderen Anbietern, daher Versandkosten beachten!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 6 Dec. 2013
My son (who is about to turn 11) had been dreaming about owning this LEGO for some time - he had spent hours poring over every video, photo and description he could lay his hands on. He said it gave him no issues to build, I guess the 10 hr estimate is right (he may have been a bit quicker). He absolutely loves it - it works like a charm. He said his expectation were more than met, his favourite LEGO ever.

Collins Scrabble Dictionary
Collins Scrabble Dictionary
by unknown

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, 23 Nov. 2010
Wouldn't it be great to be able to get this on kindle? Then all us Scrabble nuts wouldn't have to revert to the rather patheric Gem when we are travelling.

Iris and Ruby
Iris and Ruby
by Rosie Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars A most enjoyable book, 15 May 2006
This review is from: Iris and Ruby (Paperback)
I've enjoyed most of the Rosie Thomas books I've read, but this is definately one of her best. It is has two story lines - Iris' great romance during the war and the current thread which relates to her granddaughter Ruby. It is very good on the complicated relationships between mothers and daughters and their unspoken expectations of each other. I also enjoyed the setting in Cairo, and the juxtaposiiton of the new and old.

A good and easy, but still intelligent read.

The Mousehole Cat
The Mousehole Cat
by Antonia Barber

5.0 out of 5 stars A really beautiful book, 24 Nov. 2004
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat (Paperback)
My brother bought this book for my son on a trip to Cornwall. It is one of the most beautifully illustrated books that we own, but is also very beautifully written.
Even though my son is only two, and the story is a little long for him, we love reading it together. It is a heartwarming tale that can easily bring a tear to the reader's eye (maybe I'm jsut a softy).